Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » So You Say You Want a Revolution? 1x1x1

Captain Robbins (played by HRA) Topic Starter

"Good God I am serious," Jacob said, and raised his eyebrow. She might think he was insane, and she'd be right, but hell, he had nothing to loose. And neither did she. If she realized that, then they could do anything. He held out his hand, wondering if she'd take it or not. "I got nothing to loose, everything to gain. Same with you. We can either wish, and want, or work, and get. Whadda say?"
Wren Tain (played by Terel)

(Really late entry to this, since I couldn't think of a way to slot Wren in yet... but now I've got an idea... unfortunately I don't think she'll actually meet up with your characters until a little later since... someone needs to shoot her down I guess xD]

"Dear god..." Wren muttered, staring at the T.V screen that was set up in the rec-room of the base. conversation had died, though only a few people were there at the moment, all eyes had turned to the burning houses they were showing.

"A disease?" Someone asked.

"A plague? I mean, they used to do this sort of thing when thre were plague outbeaks but... god that was centuries ago, before proper medicine." Another person said, "I can't believe the government would... just..."

"Maybe it's a terrorist bioweapon?" Another person suggested, "Something they can't cure yet... they'd need to take steps to ensure the general populace doesn't get infected... think of how quick a weaponised virus would spread in the big cities!"

The commander of Wren's squadron entered the room, people started to rise to salute him but he waved them down, "Just got orders. All leave and R and R is cancelled. Martial Law is being put into effect all across the country, the army's moving in to initiate full lockdown on the major cities. They want us in the air ASAP." He sighed, "Bombers too. Infected civilian targets permissable if things get worse."

Wren went cold. They were authorising bombing runs on the civilian population? "S-sir, we... we can't do that!"

"Orders are orders. You're on fighter duty anyway... you won't be pulling the trigger on anyone." He said, "It's a precaution, the government won't start bombing their own."

"Any word on what this disease is, sir?" One of the other pilots asked.

"No, no one's saying a thing. I guess it's classified info for now while the CDC tries to figure this thing out. They don't want to start a panic."

"You're telling me they're just labelling people as infected with some disease that they're not even naming?" Wren asked incredulously, "And no one's asking what the hell it is?"

"Not our place to ask questions. We just do what we're told. Get ready I want all of you in the air in twenty minutes." The squadron commander left the room abruptly.

The instant he was gone conversation picked back up again, people muttering and arguing about the situation. Wren stayed quiet and shook her head. Something was a bit off with this... but orders were orders. Wren got up and went to change into her flight suit. Maybe she could think better when she was up in the air. Flying always helped clear her head.
Emma (played anonymously)

((No problemo!))

Emma didn't quite know what to think. For a moment, yes, she thought he was insane - but only because she felt it was a suicidal thing to actually pursue.

...That being said, when he held out his hand, she took it with only minor hesitation. She squeezed and shook it, adding a nod in there at the end. "Alright. Worst comes to worst, we'll probably die, but..." she looked up at the TV screen again. "Looks like that's a possibility anyway." He was right. There really was nothing to lose! However, she didn't want the children of this generation and generations to come to have to live in a country with this sort of government. They'd never be happy. It was only fair to fight against that, right? For their sake. For everyone's sake.

"I hear the Army's moving in, and that can only mean one thing: Lockdown. They're going to take control of the major cities, and quickly. That would stop us in our tracks instantly, or at least make it harder. But if one major city, like this one, remained open, well, then the Government will have a helluva lot more work to do to put us out of business," Jacob said, and pulled her up. He downed the rest of the Frappe, and thought for a second. Support. They needed support. And lots of it, fast. People! The world is made up of protons, electrons, and neutrons, but also morons. And when scared, the common wild city moron is very dangerous. "You might hate me for this, but I'm going to start a riot,"

He got up on the table, grabbed his coffee, and pushed the rest of his stuff off the table. No use wasting precious caffeine. That would do no one any good, really. He made a big fuss and racket, and soon everyone was looking at him like he was insane. Well, he was, but hell, he didn't care.

"Listen! People! You see that on TV? That's the Government's doing! Burning down houses full of people! Live people, too! And why? A disease! A freaking disease! Well, there's no proof of this disease! I say, bullshit! They've declared Martial Law, too! And that means the Army is being sent in! Why? Lockdown!

"They don't want us fighting back! And what's to say they won't kill us? Burn our houses? Whats to say they won't tell us we have the disease, eh? The CDC didn't name it! There's no symptoms! If the Army gets into this city of ours, whats to say we won't be next?

"They're trying to control us! They want absolute power, and they're going to do everything they can to keep us from rising up against them! Well, I say, to hell with them! Down with them! If they have the guts to burn people alive, declare Martial Law, withhold the truth from us, and try to keep us down, well, we won't go down without a fight! We will become a Risen America! We are The Rise! WHO'S WITH ME?"

A loud ME resounded through the Starbucks, and everyone held their hands aloft in the air. They chanted The Rise loudly, and Jacob smiled. He had them in the palm of his hand. They'd do anything he said. Anything. Now? Spread the word. Shouldn't be too hard. Odds were with him. By end of the day, the entire city would know.

"Now spread the word! The Rise meets outside here, tomorrow! Spread the word!" He shouted out, and everyone else rushed from the store. Everyone ran in different directions, spreading the word of this new order. Not everyone would join, sure, but there'd be enough that if the Army did come, helluva lot of work for them.

"Emma, we're going to have a lot of work to do. I'm going to have to find a way to get 10,000,000 shoulder patches by tomorrow, banners, flags, etc. And all for free. How do you suppose we do that?" Jacob sipped his latte with a smile, and hopped down onto the floor. "Because I may have a friend. Lots of friends,"

Emma stood up when he pulled her, gathering her things once he let her go, she contemplated what he said. She thought they were leaving, at first. "The army...? Good gravy, isn't that a little extreme...?" she asked. The more he spoke though, the more she felt she agreed. And then he mentioned starting a riot.

Hell, she wouldn't stop him. She just hoped he wouldn't attract the wrong attention. As he jumped atop the table, she tilted her head back to watch him.

As the entire thing took place, Emma found it interesting just how eager these folk were to rise against their government. She supposed after seeing basically a public execution on the television, she'd be screaming too. She didn't, though - likely due to having discussed it with Jacob first.

Finally, he turned his attention to her again, where she'd merely stand there with a small smirk and an incredulous expression. Her eyes followed him as he jumped down. "Ten million? Do you really think we'll get that many people involved? I don't know though... I have no connections." She was far too distracted with life to keep friends, so she didn't have anyone she could turn to and ask for favors. "You have someone who can help you there?

"I have many of them, in fact. Back in the day, I was actually social. To a degree. Looks like all that social interaction just might pay off," Jacob nodded, and thought about it for a second. 10 million? Yeah, that seemed just about right. For now, at least. "Ten million? Em, we'd have 100 million on our side if we had enough time. Just about the entire country dislikes them, but they can't do much about it."

He stretched out. Well, that was probably the most work anyone could do in a day. And all at 6 Am in the morning. What an overachiever he was. Yes, quite the overachiever. But boy, was he feeling tired again. Must be the lack of caffeine. He reached over to the espresso machine, and poured himself a shot of it. "So, how'd you like that speech of mine? Good enough?"

Emma could only smile. Many? Excellent. "That's such good news," she replied. 100 million sounded good, too, but with that potential, the 10 million sounded like a much more reachable goal. Perhaps her muted personality didn't allow her to get too excited very easily, and she honestly was a little paranoid none of this would even work, but the man seemed convinced they could make a difference so she felt she should lighten up a bit.

When he took a shot of the espresso, she rolled her eyes and grinned, but mainly toward the questions that followed. "Worked wonderfully." She looked around at the empty place and chuckled to herself. "At this rate, with how eager people were to spread the news, the whole city will be shut down." Emma took a bite of her cinnamon roll and finished off her drink, tucking the remnants of her pastry inside the empty container and throwing it away.

"Good? Why, that would be over joyous news. If the circumstances were different," Jacob said, and drank that shot of espresso. He looked over at her, and with a smirk on his face and one eyebrow raised, asked "What? Don't tell me you didn't think of this."

He smiled at her, and sat down again, drinking some of his latte. He had work to do, but hell, he'd get to it later. He did call up that friend of his, and ask him for the armbands, banners, etc., so hopefully he'd get them by tomorrow. Hopefully. "Now, where did we leave off? Something about sleep, or lack thereof?" He chuckled.

A chuckle came from her and she shrugged. "I thought of it, but never thought I'd put it into action. Much like most of the people you've managed to influence just now," she replied, her smile very subtle, but still there.

She approached a window and stared outside. "I'm curious to see what this city will look like by the end of the day? How her people will have changed her," she pondered aloud. When Jacob began to pick up their last conversation, she turned her head to look over her shoulder, smiling again. "Ah, yeah. And we both seem to have nightmares and sleeping problems as a whole."

"Sleeping problems? I have many, many problems. Those are just one of them," Jacob chuckled, and smiled. Whenever someone called him a weirdo, he'd say No, Psycho. And leave it at that. He was insane, in a way. Whenever he got to know someone, his true colors came out. And those were very bright and flashy.

"Oh, I'd imagine a beautiful painting of the city, with people walking around, minding their own business," Jacob thought out loud, answering the question. "But I'm wrong, no? By the end of the day, most of them will be alseep, but everyone will know who we are. By the end of the week? Probably something rather charming, like the Army coming in. But who knows?"

Emma gave yet another smile when he made that reply. "Yeah, I can relate." Many problems indeed! Hell, Emma herself has been called a psychopath a time or two, and perhaps she really was. Regardless of that, she knew something was off in her head so at the very least she wasn't completely insane. The lack of knowing one's mental instabilities was what made a person crazy, right? But Emma knew and she knew how to work them, so perhaps she wasn't loony-house crazy, but crazy enough.

A chuckle came from her when she heard the words 'beautiful painting.' The woman turned back to face him, shoving her hands in her pockets to retrieve her gloves and putting them on, finishing with folding them across her chest. "Is this our little meeting place now? The Starbucks? I'd like to think we need a way to communicate in case something goes wrong on either of our ends." She didn't want to outright ask for his number, because that may come off as forward and flirtatious all things considered.

"At least there's SOMEONE I know who can relate to insanity!" Jacob joked, throwing his hands up like he was grateful. He stayed there for a second, then looked around, adjusting his shirt. He smiled, and put his hands in his big pockets, throwing out the coffee.

"You'd like to think? I'd like to make that a reality. Got a number?" Jacob asked, getting out his phone, and looking at it. Emails, emails. Aww what the hell. He got to the contacts screen, and put a new one in for Emma.

She laughed again at him, then began to dig in her own pockets for her phone. She took off her glove so she could punch in the numbers. "Sure, it's--" she began, concluding with her full phone number. She added Jacob to her contacts, but didn't punch in any numbers just yet. "What's yours?"

Once it was given, she'd put the numbers in and pocket the phone once more. "How often were you planning on meeting up? Every day until shit hits the fan?" she questioned, her last sentence ending with a few chuckles.

"That seems like a lot of numbers. No worry! I have technology to remember it for me! Now if only I was as smart as my phone sometimes..." Jacob said, and gave his phone number, and made a mental note to remember hers in case he had to use a rare thing called a land line. After punching in the numbers, he pocketed the phone, and smiled.

"I plan on meeting a lot more times than that, but seeing how it's gonna hit the fan in huge quantities pretty soon, and pretty often, that means much more than once a month," Jacob laughed, and smiled at her. What was this? An amazing ordeal. He was socializing. With the opposite gender. Why wasn't the world exploding right now?
Wren Tain (played by Terel)

(I hope Robbins has sympathetic contacts in places other than America, otherwise this revolution would be quite short-lived.)

With martial law declared and the army moving to secue the major population centres of America, Wren and the rest of the USAF were being scrambled to keep an eye in the sky, to help seal off American airspace. All branches of the mlitary were being called upon - the Navy was to block off the sea routes, to ensure no 'infected' people fled the country that way, whilt the army moved in to secure the roads and cities and the airforce kept an eye on civilian traffic in the air.

Rumours of discontent amongst the general populace were spreading. With the government keeping tight-lippd about the nature of the disease a lot of people were getting scared or angry. Soon enough the army was being called in to help suppress looting and rioting in some of the worst affected cities...

Wren was worred, flying high above it all she felt somewhat more detached from the troubles on the ground, but that still didn't make the sight of neighbourhoods and city blocks going up in flames or rioting people getting dispersed by soldiers any easier. She thanked god that at least they hadn't been called in to perform any airstrikes yet.

The whole country was like a powderkeg of panic and anger waiting to explode. If the military's heavy-handedness didn't ease, or if the people finally decided that they'd have enough... Wren shivered. It would probably rsult in another civil war... a short-lived one. The American civilians just wouldn't be able to match the training and hardware of the government's military... not without outside help.... right?

Emma only smiled to what he said before he gave her his number. She'd likely go home and write it down time after time.

"Hopefully it'll be several times a week. I anticipate just a few times a month would be too little for something this grand. But," she paused, again peering out the window. "It'd take a good chunk of the country to go up against the army if it gets bad enough, y'know?" Again, she grew quiet for a moment. Eventually, she added, "I'm sure it'll work out somehow."

"Oh, yes. Very hopefully. Well, I think its about... oh wow. 8 already? Some weird day for me. Spent a lot of time here. No matter, it was probably the most eventful 3 hours in my entire life," Jacob said, and looked out the window, too. He thought that if they had enough time, and if they raided that armory nearby, they'd be able to hold them off. "Yeah, it will."

"You know what they say," started Emma, smirking a bit. "Time flies when you're starting a riot. Wait, did I get that wrong?" A little chuckle came from her at her own dumb joke and she tugged a bit at the sleeves of her coat. "I have to say, I agree. I've never had so much happen within just a few hours before." Not true. She'd never have so much happen within a few hours that she didn't control.

Emma sighed when he agreed it'd work out. "Good...," she replied.

"Just a tad bit, but it applies here, too!" Jacob chuckled, and smiled. What weird people they were. Weird, insane, and just plain out crazy. And bored, too. Rebellious, bored, insane, and funny. That was the adjectives for them. "So, anything in particular that you'd like to do? I have... wow, the whole day. Imagine that."

Emma thought on this. "You may want to get a hold of your friend sometime soon for the badges and stuff. We should also probably try to figure out some sort of backup plan in case things go sour. Same with a place we to which can retreat that we can't be tracked to." The woman continued to think, having made that obvious by her break in sentences.

"On one hand, I don't want to advice giving a bunch of livid people weapons, but it may be a good idea if we don't want to be completely snuffed out. I'm not sure if you have anything at home for yourself, but," she paused to shrug, "it might not be a bad idea to keep it on you." A hand came up to her mouth, the woman posing as pensive. Picturesque, really.

"We need to figure out what the best way of going about this will be. Maybe I'm rushing things? But I think lagging is a bad idea...."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » So You Say You Want a Revolution? 1x1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus