Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » So You Say You Want a Revolution? 1x1x1

Captain Robbins (played by HRA) Topic Starter

"You think too far ahead for your own good, there," Jacob said, taking in her advice. Of course he'd give people weapons. An Assault Rifle or SMG, MGs perhaps, sniper rifles, shotguns, Molotov Cocktails, anything to help get out of this thing easily. "So what would you suggest, then? I have a few pistols at home, but I'm working on a .50 SMG. Very hard to work with, though."
Emma (played anonymously)

Emma sighed and looked down for a moment, back at the tile. "I know I do," she replied. With a deep breath, she looked back up and turned to him. "Maybe we should take this one day at a time. Now that I think about it, rushing will probably just screw us over in the long run." The woman reached up to scratch at her scalp through the gloves.

"I don't know," she replied. What would she suggest? She hadn't the slightest idea. "Frankly I don't know much about guns. I'm not too fond of them. I prefer--" she cut herself off. What, knives? Blunt weapons? Bombs? She kept her mouth shut after that. Spouting off those things may make her look like a psychopath.

Then again, they were already up against the law anyway.

"Well, unlike you, I prefer to kill my person with something that makes everyone else scared. But don't worry, there. I don't mind anyways. Of course, I've only done that when I was in the military, many years ago. Its a long and complicated thing, though," Jacob said, and smiled. He didn't want her to seem uncomfortable about that, but at the same time, he didn't want her to feel sane. "Yeah, you're probably right."

Emma seemed to relax a little when he spoke, up until he mentioned being in the military. She wasn't sure how she felt about that, but it was evident he wasn't on their side anymore. She opened her mouth to reply and point out all the disturbingly 'good' things about knives and the like, but felt that'd be too much. She only nodded instead. "I think bombs are more terrifying than guns," she stated. There was a response at least! Something verbal that didn't make her sound completely like a psychopath. "So what now, anyway?"

"Bombs? Oh yes. I particularly enjoy sending in a group of bombers for an carpet bomb run. Scares the living daylights out of people," Jacob chuckled, and tried not to how that he was getting a bit uncomfortable. Still, he smiled at her again. It was better to talk about this then to not talk at all. "What now? Well we could look around for places to escape if we needed to,"

Emma laughed a little. She had very little to say in reply to that other than the giggle, but she wasn't becoming uninterested. The young woman cleared her throat and thought on his reply. "Yes... that may be good. I live downtown, too, so that might be an excellent idea in case crap hits the fan." Which was likely to happen, to be blatantly honest.

"Well, we could always use the subway, no? I mean, that or the sewers..." Jacob said, thinking about it for a moment. Sewers? Yuck. But it would work, if they needed to. Trouble was, if there was an explosion down there, the place would go skyhigh. But the subways? Yes, it would be easy.

Emma forced a shudder when he mentioned sewers. "Only if we have to. I think the subway will be better. People may have easier access to it, but it'll be a little more difficult to get a hold of us than say... if we lived up here." She thought on this a moment, adjusting her coat a bit while she did. "I wonder what they're planning next," she muttered.

"I don't like the sewers, but I've done worse." Jacob said, and thought about it for a second. He knew that if the government was smart, they'd shut down everything towards the city. But they weren't THAT smart, really. And he knew that. "Them? Probably to do reconnaissance. Something like that.

Emma looked back at him and tilted her head just a little. "Worse? What fun," she playfully replied. She turned her body completely to face him, folding her arms across her chest very loosely. "What do you mean by reconnaissance?" she asked.

"Don't ask. You might not like them. I know I certainly didn't," Jacob chuckled, crossing his arms in a jokingly way. He thought about it for a second. "Yeah. You know. Reconnaissance. Flying planes, using AC's to check things out. You know,"

Emma nodded a bit. "Oh, okay. That makes sense." She pondered for a while, remaining in complete silence while she did. Eventually she brought a hand up to touch at her cheek some, suddenly chuckling. "Think we're gonna get killed?" she finally asked, looking at him.

"Naw, I dunno. Don't suppose so. What do you think?" Jacob asked, stretching for a bit. He didn't want to die. But he wasn't scared of dying. Hell no. He was more scared of the pain of dying, really. Death wasn't on his mind, though.

Emma was quite the opposite. Pain was something she could tolerate (and sometimes even enjoy on some strange level), but death wasn't something she wanted. She wasn't necessarily afraid to die just thinking about it, but should that situation present itself, she'd be frightened. "I sure hope not. I guess I'm just being concerned about just how violent this is going to get. If we'll be prepared enough. It's serious business, you know?"

"Violence? Of course there'll be violence. But you want to think about something else? Get your mind off of it?" Jacob asked, and looked around for a bit. He wasn't trying to be annoying or getting off of the hook or anything. Just wanted to help her a bit.

Emma grinned. "Oh I know that. I'm just...," she sighed. She honestly wasn't sure how successful they'd be. Second thoughts? Not really. She still wanted to do it, if anything to cause the rest of the nation to become upset if they're all slaughtered for this. They may not be the ones who end this, but the ones who start that uproar. The ending will follow suit. She shook her head.

She needed to think more positively of it. They'd begin and end this! To his question, she finally gave him a lopsided grin and a shrug for an answer. Yeah, maybe.

"Just what?" Jacob asked, raising an eyebrow. Now he was a little worried. Then he thought about it for a second. Yeah, they might be hanged or killed. He didn't care, though.

Emma shook her head. "Ah, nothing. Nevermind. I'm sorry." She didn't want to admit to being a little afraid - but even then the fear wasn't intense. She felt either way her life would hold some sort of meaning and that was all that truly mattered - whether she lived or died. In a way, it was exciting.

"Don't be. You have no reason to be sorry," Jacob said, and it was true, he too, was afraid. But not that bad. Not to the point of being scared to the point of pissing his pants. "Its okay. I'm a little afraid, too."

Emma looked up at him when he said all that. She let off a small chuckle, rolling her shoulders a bit to loosen her back up. They were in the same boat, then. Mild fear, but nothing that would really hinder them. "That's good to hear, actually." She felt less dumb.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » So You Say You Want a Revolution? 1x1x1

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus