Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Bamboo Pen Problems. (BPP)

So, upon borrowing my friend's tablet for a week or so, I found that my love for drawing had increased tenfold. I ended up purchasing my own (Bamboo Create) with the intent of creating lots of lovely art, and growing as an artist in general.

I got through about a week with said tablet and pen.. and then bad things started happening. My pressure sensitivity is completely gone, no matter if I completely take the drivers out and reinstall them, restart my computer, nothing works.

Its whatever, though, I started using a water brush that sort of made me feel like I still had my pressure sensitivity. My biggest problem, however, is that whenever I go to draw the eyes, or nose specifically, the pen decides it wants to switch to the eyedropper tool. Now, I know what you're thinking! I have the buttons on the side of my pen disabled so I wouldn't be able to bump them. And oddly enough, its only for the eyes and nose, usually. However, once it has eye dropped and picked up the background color, it'll work. But if I switch it back to the color I want? Lolnope, eyedropper. And after it has eye droppered.. it wont stop. It'll continue to do so no matter where I draw. :c

I'm frustrated, and the only thing I can think of is to get a different pen. Would that work? What sort of pen would be ideal? I didn't think the original one would last me very long, but I didn't expect these kinds of strange problems to arise along with the death of my pen.. Any kind of help is appreciated.. :c
Sanne Moderator

Wacom has a warranty on all their products. If you purchased it from them directly (not second-hand, or you'd need the original receipt), I suggest contacting their customer support, especially if it's still new. Pretty much the only pen that's 100% compatible with your tablet is the kind that comes in the box (others may work, but they will not be optimized the same way) so if the pen is broken, you'd need a replacement.

Does this happen in all programs or is it just one program? It might be a software issue with the drawing program and you'd be wasting money replacing hardware! Triple quadruple check other drawing programs for the same issues first.

Doublecheck that it's not a USB port issue. Try plugging the tablet into a different port (this should force it to reinstall the drivers) and see if that makes a difference. Are you 100% sure you have the latest Wacom driver installed? Make sure to force an update on the driver just in case.

Wacom are notorious for the high quality of their products, it's pretty rare to run into issues with their stuff so quickly. I've never had to replace any of my 3 tablets because they were broken, I just upgraded to switch to wide-screen support and for a more sensitive, newer model at some point. All my issues have usually been software related, so I hope it's something simple for you too!
Healthbar Topic Starter

I've tried different USB ports, as I've noticed I have an issue with software sometimes. My trac pad has stopped working from my laptop and I'm forced to use a mouse now. But no matter where I plug the tablet, the same issue arises.

Its all drawing programs I have installed. I even tried DA as a last kicker. I'm sad to hear the other pens wouldn't be compatible most definitely.. this one feels a little light weight compared to what I'm used to and was hoping to eventually upgrade. I'll have to check with their customer support, but I don't have the original receipt. (I actually bought it in a best buy. xx ) Would the payment from my online bank statement work, hopefully? D:

Edit: Baaw.. there's a limit to the message size when describing my issue. xD I LIKE DETAIL.
Perhaps it's a gesture, considering this is only happening when you attempt to draw certain facial features. Your pen tool must have come with a gestures outfit, look for the program and figure out how to turn them off. ^^
Ehen wrote:
So, upon borrowing my friend's tablet for a week or so, I found that my love for drawing had increased tenfold. I ended up purchasing my own (Bamboo Create) with the intent of creating lots of lovely art, and growing as an artist in general.

I got through about a week with said tablet and pen.. and then bad things started happening. My pressure sensitivity is completely gone, no matter if I completely take the drivers out and reinstall them, restart my computer, nothing works.

Its whatever, though, I started using a water brush that sort of made me feel like I still had my pressure sensitivity. My biggest problem, however, is that whenever I go to draw the eyes, or nose specifically, the pen decides it wants to switch to the eyedropper tool. Now, I know what you're thinking! I have the buttons on the side of my pen disabled so I wouldn't be able to bump them. And oddly enough, its only for the eyes and nose, usually. However, once it has eye dropped and picked up the background color, it'll work. But if I switch it back to the color I want? Lolnope, eyedropper. And after it has eye droppered.. it wont stop. It'll continue to do so no matter where I draw. :c

I'm frustrated, and the only thing I can think of is to get a different pen. Would that work? What sort of pen would be ideal? I didn't think the original one would last me very long, but I didn't expect these kinds of strange problems to arise along with the death of my pen.. Any kind of help is appreciated.. :c
Healthbar Topic Starter

brndnpcktt wrote:
Perhaps it's a gesture, considering this is only happening when you attempt to draw certain facial features. Your pen tool must have come with a gestures outfit, look for the program and figure out how to turn them off. ^^
Ehen wrote:

I don't understand why it would do that if I have touch off, though? D: I think the only real gestures it came with were associated with touch features, like zooming in or out.
Sanne Moderator

Even if you bought it from Best Buy you should be able to claim warranty on it with a receipt. I've no idea about a bank statement though, unless the statement specifically shows the products you bought I doubt it though.

I don't know 100% for sure whether other pens will or won't work with it, I just know that some pens are specifically designed for their corresponding tablet and a lot of stuff isn't properly compatible with other tablets for a lot of tech specific reasons. But you can always investigate and see if there are any options!

And gestures only work with fingers, for as far as I know, so with gestures turned off it can't be that. O:
Claine Moderator

Firstly, check out this post - it might be able to help you with your driver problems. Hopefully this will fix it, and you won't have to waste time with a warranty claim:

http://krudman.tumblr.com/post/60748485791/wacom-tablet-driver-not-found-what-do

As for the eye-dropper problem, I know this is probably a silly suggestion - but when I first got my tablet I neglected to notice that the button on the pen changed to the eye-dropper tool. I was always pressing it without thinking and switching to the tool mid-line. Hahaha D8
Healthbar Topic Starter

Claine wrote:
Firstly, check out this post - it might be able to help you with your driver problems. Hopefully this will fix it, and you won't have to waste time with a warranty claim:

http://krudman.tumblr.com/post/60748485791/wacom-tablet-driver-not-found-what-do

As for the eye-dropper problem, I know this is probably a silly suggestion - but when I first got my tablet I neglected to notice that the button on the pen changed to the eye-dropper tool. I was always pressing it without thinking and switching to the tool mid-line. Hahaha D8

I'll take a look. However, I purposely disabled the buttons on the side of my pen to ensure I didn't do that, as I've had experience with the pens before and had always clicked it by mistake. c:
Healthbar Topic Starter

I have my sensitivity back, and it seems to have stopped the eye dropper issue as well! Interesting..

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Bamboo Pen Problems. (BPP)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus