Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » A chill place to get stuff out there

Hey everyone, i’m feeling kinda bored and sorta chummy because I am sorta falling out of love with some of the things i’m roleplaying. Anyone have a suggestion to make me feel interested again?
Maybe mix it up and try out a brand new genre that you've never done before? I played almost nothing but medieval fantasy games for a LONG time. While I still enjoy them, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I fell in love with doing more historical fiction. It lent a new element to the game to go look up the exact place our story was taking place and see if I could find little tidbits to work into the game... such a song that was popular at the time. Or the name of a business that actually existed. Or what things were invented that decade.

Not that I would expect everyone to like historical RPs, of course. :) But perhaps immersing yourself in a new setting might re-kindle some of that joy and excitement for you.

Or... you might just need a break for awhile?
TheRealRedHood Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
Maybe mix it up and try out a brand new genre that you've never done before? I played almost nothing but medieval fantasy games for a LONG time. While I still enjoy them, I was pleasantly surprised at how much I fell in love with doing more historical fiction. It lent a new element to the game to go look up the exact place our story was taking place and see if I could find little tidbits to work into the game... such a song that was popular at the time. Or the name of a business that actually existed. Or what things were invented that decade.

Not that I would expect everyone to like historical RPs, of course. :) But perhaps immersing yourself in a new setting might re-kindle some of that joy and excitement for you.

Or... you might just need a break for awhile?

This was very helpful! I’ve actually been interested in Time pieces myself. I’ve been wanting to explore a Murder Mystery Piece set in November of 1985. One that takes place in Gotham and has the Worlds Greatest Detective go through psychological loops.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » A chill place to get stuff out there

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus