Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Help with designing a new flexible character

I was going to add a character to fit more evenly across other rp's, because I realized not everyone wants to talk to a green 2ft tall snake with arms and a burning tree, but then I also realized that I have no characters like that. At least ones that make sense even without context.

All of my characters have been made to fit a specific world and coexist in relatively the same space, and almost all of them originate from some inside joke that went too far. You could say I am only capable of making characters if inspiration strikes me or I just hear some really stupid joke.

I want to make a new character that I can use on different threads and not have to worry about weather or not it fits with a specific scene. I normally do fantasy, and well, fantasy is all I can think of that I do...but-! I think having a flexible character would be beneficial however the easiest way I can think of doing this would be making a serious character that is most likely human or sub-human, but serious is just not in my nature.

I find it hard to make myself just sit down and make a character, and I have no idea how all ya'll do it. Can anyone give me any pointers as to how to properly start an actual character that isn't originated from basically garbage?
Claine Moderator

JetStorm

(Here's a video that might help with character designing)

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Help with designing a new flexible character

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus