Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » High Fantasy, Old World. (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

I'd like to start this off saying this is marked for all ages since I can accommodate all ages in PM. However, there may be instances or descriptions of historical violence, slavery, and other aspects that make up human nature if there is a thread that comes from this. That thread will likely be marked 18+ for previous reasons. However, I would like to keep sexually explicit RP's that may result from this to PM's only please. Thank you

So I've been world building this world for a while. The basic idea is a high fantasy version of the Earth you know and love. The big difference being there are high elves, an underdark, orcs, etc. Your classical D&D races. Now this world is set in what I will refer to as "The Mythical Past." This can be best understood as a large mashup of your classic mythologies. Cu Cuthian, Danu, Dagda, Thor, Odin, Sigfried, Horus, Gilgamesh, Perseus, Zeus, Monkey King Goku, Jade Emperor, Rama, Durga, Krishna, Izanami, Amaterasu, Quetzalcoatl, Xibalba, Tezcatlipoca, Anansi, Baba Yaga, Thunderbirds, Etc. All of these things coexist in this world and have had a direct impact upon it. These are not myths, but historical fact. My goal is to make this type of setting open for the creativity and input of YOU the player. So have some fun with your favorite mythologies. Be an apposle of Aries bound to wisdom, a Berserker of Odin, a Knight of Camelot, etc.

There are restrictions for this setting of course. I find that restrictions can help people be more creative about the things they do, but I don't want to stifle anyone so we will keep them simple.

Restriction 1: The most advanced piece of technology is something like Chinese Fireworks, or Flame lances. No firearms. You have access to spells like fireball if you want to make things explode, no guns.

Restriction 2: You cannot be a mythical figure. So you will not be Heracles, or Loki.

Restriction 3: No historical Figures. Leave Creaser, Cleopatra, Leonidas, and Boudica out of it.

Restriction 4: There will be occasional dice use, because it is the element of randomness that allows for the best type of character growth. This is also a simple solution to the "Mary Sue" issue that can sometimes happen in RP.

Alright, with that out of the way let's get into some fun stuff. Because we are playing in the "Mythical Past" That opens up your choice of races to a lot of different things. Egyptian or Greek Sphinx's for example. Titans of Babylon, Giants of Basque, etc. If you have an idea of a "Race" you would like to be, just let me know. If it fits the aesthetic of your chosen area, full steam ahead.

That's really the point I want to make. Do your best to lean in to the aesthetic, the tropes, the history, the culture of the people you have chosen your "Hero" to represent. If you want to be powerful, that's fine just make it suit the culture, and of course, all beings have weakness's. We are mortals not gods. Achilles heel and all that.

I'm not sure if a PM method will be the best option for this, or an open forum. If this gets enough interest those points can be discussed depending on preferance. I will likely be playing some Titans of Babylon.

Now to make things a little easier there are a couple of meeting hubs you can choose from, this is purely player preferance. These area's are here as a common sense meeting place for travelers of all sorts. They will be listed below. I've done my best to offer at least a couple per continent. If you can think of others please let me know. This is not a hard list by any means.

Alexandria, or Memphis in Egypt.
Rome, Ostia for romans
Athens, Sparta for greeks
Yemen, Oman for arabian
Ur, Uruk, Babylon for Mesopotamia (Syria)
Constantinoble
Paris, London, (Any other European suggestions are welcome)
Guangzhou, for ancient china
Chittagong, Lothal for india
Carthage
Nubia,
Ethiopia
Barbados
Ect.
Essentially a major trade hubs. We'll make a fantastical option too. Let's call it something wild like... Atlantis as a general trade hub that can easily be accessed.

If any of this sounds fun, or up your alley. Let me know.
Magic 80%
Magic is common.
Technology 20%
Iron age
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Occasional dice use, adjustable length posts, long-term RP partner preferred.

I'm down.
I have an 1790s-1840s privateer/pirate who could see herself as one of Neptune's sirens? A lone wolf of a warrior who could see herself as a servant of aries. I love worlds like this and would really appreciate a chance to write with you.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » High Fantasy, Old World. (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus