Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Open Mic Night (Closed)

Spencer Caine (played by Orrik_Zynn_x2)

"Well, partys over I guess. Time to disappear."
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 10.
Rebecca Savage (played by Rogue-Scribe)

Rebecca came back in looking for her phone. She lost it somewhere, and this was the last place she was before she went to the hotel. The findmyphone tracker on her laptop said it was here...

Sure enough, it was on the floor stuck down by some ungodly goo. Looked like it had been trod upon a lot too. Rebecca got down and peeled it up off the floor. She wasn’t revolted by the grossness as she had passed out in much worse before.

With her sticky phone in hand, she tossed a dice handed to her as she made her way back to the door...
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 72.

Note: for whatever...

Ozzy (played by AudioRift)

Yikes! Time must have gotten away from the wolf while he was guzzling soda. Seemed it was already time to wrap things up. He noticed the guests starting to leave and decided to do the same. He'd gotten a wink and a laugh earlier for his finger gun motion so that was pretty cool. The night wasn't a complete bust at all, and he'd even had a ton of fun bouncing around as Jason Voorhees.

He blinked curiously when handed the dice and tossed it as he asked with a grin, "What? Am I rollin for initiative? Come onnn Nat 20!"
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 1.

Note: Rollin.

Darrell Sanders (played by Rogue-Scribe)

Darrell prodded the others of the band when the house lights came up. They finished their beers and headed for the door. “Thanks for the stage time!” He said as he roll the dice...
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 49.

Note: Puts a spin on it.

Wilhelmina (played anonymously)

Mina looked at Sam and arched an eyebrow upwards, "First time and I missed it? Shame on me. Maybe need to go back up so I can see singing again." She had a smile on her lips now, one that was almost daring him to go back up so that she could see him perform. She wasn't actually going to press it if he didn't want to, though. Sometimes the harassment was more fun than people actually seeing it through. "You know sounds cats make in middle of night? Weird screaming? That's what singing from me is like," she continued with the joke. "So yeah, is better to not trying to risk it."

Finally, after listening to Sam talk, she laughed softly, "Am glad you finally agree that it's best I stay here." Her hazel eyes glanced around to the others as they walked and moved around, seeming to keep tabs on who was talking and mingling more so than paying attention to anything else. It was almost as if she were trying to find someone, but that wasn't quite it. "Do you count by centuries or by decades?" she finally asked him, unable to stop the nagging in her mind of needing to know how old he was. Some of the really older vampires rubbed her the wrong way for being far too stuffy for her liking. But before he could answer, there was the sound of a cellphone ringing coming from one of her pockets.

After fishing around for it for a moment, she finally pulled it out and pressed to an ear. There wasn't much said from her before finally, she spoke out a sentence in Swedish. The phone was locked and slipped into her pocket again. "Am sorry, but will be seeing you soon," she said to him with a wink before she rose and made her exit to attend to other business. It definitely seemed more like a promise than a threat and how she would track him down would've been more mysterious if he didn't had this place to be tied to.

(( Thank you for the fun game! I hope you had Happy Halloween! ))
rolled 1d100 and got a natural 50.
Sam (played anonymously) Topic Starter

((Annnd time's up. :) The winner is Jess. The prize was an enchanted silk cloak, which I'll be gifting as soon as I wrap up the game, as well as an IC "Spooky Fest" t-shirt that I'll leave up to the character to do with as they please.))

Sam grinned when Mina said he should go back up onstage and sing again since she'd missed it. "Or perhaps you can just catch me next time," he teased playfully, "That is, if you come around again. I actually frequent this place pretty often on my off days since a friend of mine is the owner. The atmosphere always seems rather nice, too, so that's a plus." He wouldn't have minded going back up at all, but he liked to play the teasing card too much to just oblige her request. Besides, maybe the promise of future shows will help his friend gain some business if he nudged Mina's curiosity enough. Screaming cats? "Oh man," he chuckled softly, the motion lighting up those painted features in amusement, "Right, that makes perfect sense. Let's keep the cats in the bag, yeah?" He grinned sheepishly at his lame pun.

Centuries or decades? Hmm. That depended on the context of the question. He'd lived one century and a handful of decades, so it was really hard to say one over the other. "I uh.." he started to answer, dark eyes locking with hers with just a touch of scrutiny. Why was she asking such an odd question? Could she tell what he was? That he was lacking in the 'mundane' compartment? Perhaps. Saved by the phone, it seemed, and he didn't have to finish that sentence. He cleared his throat gently, regathering his thoughts. He blinked at the sentence he didn't understand and smiled regardless when he realized she had to go for the night. "See ya later Mina," he called over his shoulder as she departed, standing and heading towards the stage. The owner locked eyes with him and mouthed the words, 'Hurry up', since it was decided before this whole thing that he'd announce the winner for her. People were leaving Sam, get on with it!! He picked up the mic and tapped it once or twice.

"On behalf of the owner, my dearest friend Kitty, it's my pleasure to announce the winner of the raffle that the staff has been whisperin' about all night," he said, reading a paper that was slipped to him just moments before he made it onstage, "Jessica Greer? Congratulations, you're now the proud owner of a 'Spooky Fest' t-shirt and a card that grants you free drinks on Fridays. Thank you everyone for comin' out and partyin' with us." With that, he himself would help the owner and staff start the process of cleaning up.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Open Mic Night (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus