Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Asthma, ADHD, and being a military dependent

Its as the title says really. Just a note, my ADHD is not hyperactivity, its inattentive meaning i have problems paying attention for long periods of time. Aside from that, hit me with whatever questions you'd like! I won't be able to get to them right away thanks to work.
Pardon the assumption, but regarding the ADHD: do you have any specific methods to help you deal with the executive dysfunction when you need to get things done?

(I'm inattentive type as well!)
SolarLoki Topic Starter

Zelphyr wrote:
Pardon the assumption, but regarding the ADHD: do you have any specific methods to help you deal with the executive dysfunction when you need to get things done?

(I'm inattentive type as well!)

I dont really have any concrete methods that help in the long term. In short term I often use ambient sounds from half life 2 to drown out other sounds to focus on college work. I listen to music as well in order to pace myself with my job on slow days. But in long term scenarios I dont have any good ways. I find myself having issues sticking to a plan for more than a few days at best. Ive been trying to figure something out but no dice yet. And I don't want to rely on my medication forever.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Asthma, ADHD, and being a military dependent

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus