Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Singapore Setting?

Hello lovelies. It's been a minute.

So, this is a long shot, but I know it's a varied crowd on here so I thought I'd ask: is there anyone who's lived in or visited Singapore who could give me some insight into what it's like?

For context: I'm prepping a solarpunk magical girl TTRPG for some friends and thought Singapore would make a great setting. I watch a lot of nature documentaries (surprising no one) and Singapore is really impressive with how well it integrates urban and natural environments! If you see pictures of a building that looks like a solarpunk pipe dream, it's probably real and it's probably in Singapore.

like fr how cool are these

bigstock-224845453.jpg

shutterstock_1037790478.0.jpg

I do have a basic understanding of Singapore's history, but when all's said and done it's across the globe from me, and nothing beats experience when it comes to writing. If anyone can help I'd be grateful!
Rogue-Scribe

I have visited Singapore as the company I used to work for had their corporate office there and their main manufacturing plant was in Senai Malaysia. I was only there overnight and didn’t get much time to go anywhere other than a local restaurant and brewpub, so I won’t be much help.
Yersinia Topic Starter

Rogue-Scribe wrote:
I have visited Singapore as the company I used to work for had their corporate office there and their main manufacturing plant was in Senai Malaysia. I was only there overnight and didn’t get much time to go anywhere other than a local restaurant and brewpub, so I won’t be much help.
Not a problem, thanks for checking in with the thread anyways!

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Singapore Setting?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus