Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: I broke my skull once

I came back with another good one! When I was like, 12-13 (hell, it’s been so long I don’t remember), I broke my skull in a bicycle accident.

It was not a “clean fracture” so no, my head didn’t split open, I didn’t need any steel plates put in, etc.

I was going downhill when my chain broke, I went over the handlebars, and hit the street (the sidewalk was too jagged to even consider riding on), and I spent three days in the hospital recovering.
Ask me anything!
Was there any lasting damage caused by the fall besides the damage to the bone itself?
AgitoAceXIII Topic Starter

SolarLoki wrote:
Was there any lasting damage caused by the fall besides the damage to the bone itself?

Probably. I haven’t been affected by much aside from constant headaches.
Kim Site Admin

What emotions did you experience when you were first told of the diagnosis in the hospital? What did you think it might have been before then?
AgitoAceXIII Topic Starter

Kim wrote:
What emotions did you experience when you were first told of the diagnosis in the hospital? What did you think it might have been before then?

I can’t even remember being there in the first place! I was out cold and even when I was awake, I wasn’t even sure.

To say the least, it was a very headachy experience.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: I broke my skull once

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus