Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Cooking For A Lot Of People

Hello, all! It's nice to meet you. I'm not sure if I'm going about this the right way but I'm willing to try! First of all, I grew up in a large house with a large family, and I do mean large. No, there weren't fifteen of us or something, but there were ten. And I helped cook since I was... Probably 10 or 11 years old. Maybe a little since I was 9. But before that, I wanted to do everything possible, just about, to 'help' in the kitchen. I'm grateful that I was allowed to stand there and stir the batter of a cake or something while my sister watched; I'm grateful I was allowed to cream the butter, or wipe up the counter where flour fell. I'm grateful that my dad had a lot of cookbooks, and my mom did too, and I was allowed to look at them to my heart's content. Almost. :P Measuring flour, mixing things, and squishing around dough are something I've done since I was pretty little, and I've been cooking since! I love doing it, and I love the various little minutiae about cooking. So, please ask me any questions you can think of, and I'd be happy to answer them!
Prince_Jin

Have you ever gotten tired of cooking?
Kim Site Admin

Do you have difficulty cooking for a smaller number of people, say one or two?
Shinyrainbowlithogra Topic Starter

Prince_Jin wrote:
Have you ever gotten tired of cooking?

Well, usually one or two of my siblings would help out, and we also began switching cooking days. My dad would also oversee on those days, and would cook by himself a lot too. There were some times when I was the only one who wasn't ultra busy, and I definitely got tired then. But it wasn't like I wanted to stop, it was just physical. I think the only times I've gotten tired of being in the kitchen were when I was very small, or when I was being told what to do and was in a bad mood. It's one of my favorite things to do, so I don't usually mind.
Kim wrote:
Do you have difficulty cooking for a smaller number of people, say one or two?
For two people, not really, I think. I usually prefer to have leftovers, so I make enough for about four people, and put the rest in the fridge... :D Actually, cooking for one person is a little difficult. I would normally just make something simple of it's for myself, but making a single serving of soup from scratch would be difficult... >.> Then again, I suppose it's mostly just a matter of math! And freezer space!

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: Cooking For A Lot Of People

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus