Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Notifications

The best way to explain it, is:

Sometimes the notification won't update to show that someone has replied to a post... but only sometimes. Ex. for today - I went to a RP I'm in, and I was surprised to see that my partner replied at 12:59 pm while it was now almost 12 am. I checked my notification, but it only showed me as the last one posting the day before. It happened on a few other posts too during the week but I thought it was something that I was doing.

I checked to notifications settings, and everything is checked, so I don't think that is the problem.
Kim Site Admin

Which thread was this, and who was your partner?
kuroi_neko Topic Starter

The thread Resonance (1x1) in general and lightbulb is my partner
Kim Site Admin

Have any of your characters befriended (or enemied) Garric Vault?
kuroi_neko Topic Starter

No. But Lightbulb is a friend to me.
Sanne Moderator

Garric Vault is an anonymous character, so unless your chars befriend/enemy that char, you won't see notifications on the character. Are you subscribed to the topic though?
kuroi_neko Topic Starter

But it has shown up before.
kuroi_neko Topic Starter

Unless he just recently changed it to anonymous.
Sanne Moderator

kuroi_neko wrote:

The way the system works, you either need to be befriended to the player whose char is public, be befriended to the character itself when anonymous or public, or be subscribed to the topic. Can you check with your friend whether the alt recently got changed to anonymous? :) Because that could explain the issue you're having.
Kim Site Admin

Sanne wrote:
kuroi_neko wrote:

The way the system works, you either need to be befriended to the player whose char is public, be befriended to the character itself when anonymous or public, or be subscribed to the topic. Can you check with your friend whether the alt recently got changed to anonymous? :) Because that could explain the issue you're having.

Subscribing to the topic causes you to receive emails about it, not to see it in your notifications.
Sanne Moderator

Kim wrote:
Sanne wrote:
kuroi_neko wrote:

Subscribing to the topic causes you to receive emails about it, not to see it in your notifications.

Really? I could have sworn it did o.O

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Notifications

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus