Skip to main content

Forums » Help » After maintenance bugs?

Hello good people from rpr. I have come to notice that some from my PM and post before the update had been strangely modified say a topic that was named:

The story ain't yet over

got switched to something like this:

The story ain’t yet over

This was just an example and it's not the case on every RP I have, these rps were from before the maintenance as I abstained from posting or doing anything during that period. Still this had left some of the rps I been working on pretty crazy to read with all these odd symbols being switched out of the blue. Just wondering if other people are experiencing the same and see if theres a way to fix this ^^ or prevent it on future maintenances. Thank you for your time!
Kim Site Admin

We're struggling with an encoding issue on special characters, along with some weirdnesses with certain forums post maintenance. I'm working on both these things! :) I've been posting in the comments here about this: https://www.rprepository.com/community/news/886

If you encounter bugs, or even think you might have encountered a bug, please submit a bug report.
Kim wrote:
We're struggling with an encoding issue on special characters, along with some weirdnesses with certain forums post maintenance. I'm working on both these things! :) I've been posting in the comments here about this: https://www.rprepository.com/community/news/886

If you encounter bugs, or even think you might have encountered a bug, please submit a bug report.

I'm so happy you're looking into this! I just submitted a bug report abt this issue, I noticed it happened when writing Æ Ø and Å. Thank you! :D
Rogue-Scribe

Ah, hopefully it will be corrected as every ‘ and “ in my PMs is stuffed.
Kim Site Admin

Does someone have a borked conversation they and their conversants wouldn't mind adding me to, so I can play with solutions? :)
0089 Topic Starter

Thank you kim for looking into this ^^ I'm was just pondering if other people were struggling with this small Issue. Kind of funny how certain phrases turn into TM and kind of makes a conversation suddenly get a spin. I typically prefer to get a bit informed before striking a bug report as I don't wanna take more time from the staff that is likely working to resolve the issue...^^' I will read more on the comments and will hit the bug report on future issues. Thank you all for your time and kim for looking into this ^^

Not sure I have that many conversations going on as on the moment that I can invite you Kim. I need to check my pms to see if I have a viable one that can help you to find a solution. uwu
Kim Site Admin

I've found some, no worries! :)

The "staff" that works on bugs is literally just me, and I'm the one asking you to make a bug report. I really really want them.

I might eventually see a report about one on the forums, but I also might not, and in the meanwhile dozens of people might be experiencing the same issue but not feel confident enough to report it, nor think to look on the forums so you may or may not get a response there that encourages you to make the report.

It doesn't take up my time in a bad way to read a bug report and say "That's on your end" or "Yes, that's definitely a problem I'm working on!" it just ensures I do know instead of finding out way late. .
Kim Site Admin

News post up here about this issue: https://www.rprepository.com/community/news/887

You are on: Forums » Help » After maintenance bugs?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus