Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Purge War(OPEN)

Robert (played by HvyArtillery)

Synopsis
In the year 2198, the galaxy is at relative peace. Trade is flourishing, and old rivalries are beginning to fade. Unfortunately, this peace is short-lived, as each galactic civilization comes under attack of a race identifying themselves as the "Purgers". Their belief is that they are the perfect life form and any other sentient life in the universe is the flawed creations of their gods, and it is their sacred duty to exterminate these lifeforms. Unfortunately, Humans and all others fall into this category. As colonies are destroyed and fleets decimated, the primary bulk of the Purger invasion force is headed for Earth, the nearest power center. Purger city ships, massive vessels ten times the size of New York City, enter atmosphere and hang above their target population centers, shelling them with assorted weaponry as dropships are deployed carrying Purger ground forces. Now, the galaxy must unite, bitter hatreds and rivalries put aside for the necessity of survival. Currently, we are fighting in the defense of Mambosa City in the Outer Colony Athena. Time must be bought for the forces at the Spaceport to evacuate civilians to starbases in orbit. (You will need to chose one of the species listed below)

Species:
Human
Turion
Nexan
Retailil
D'lal
Energi
Kian
Intalli";
Robert (played by HvyArtillery) Topic Starter

Commander Robert barely managed to side behind the relative safety of the collapsed wall before the ground where he had been seconds before was torn up by purple energy bolts. He peeked over the edge to see a column of Purger troops and armored vehicles moving up the street. He was wearing the standard issue battle armor and carried the standard M-23 Energized Projectile Rifle of the United Earth Federation.
He tapped the comm unit embed in his armor and said "HQ, this is Bravo-1. Enemy units are moving towards my position. The rest of Bravo team is KIA. Requesting reinforcements to hold my position."
The comm unit cackle with static until a voice erupted forth. "Roger that Bravo, we'll divert a squad your way. Hold that street at all costs. We can't let them get close to the spaceport."
"Roger." Robert pulled out a grenade and lobbed it over the wall. Waiting several seconds, he couldn't help but smile grimly as he heard the explosion and the resulting screams of pain and shouts in an alien language.
Steeling himself, he came out of his cover and opened fire on the Purgers, hoping support got here fast.
(You can chose to be part of the reinforcement squad inbound, be in another part of the city, or be in the space battle going on in orbit)
Lee Elexion (played by Jabonicus)

An explosion hit the front lines of the purger men. "You threaten my home!" Vagabundo shouted. "Time to crash your fiesta!" He wore a jacket that was thrown around his waist, and his chest and arms were covered in tattoos. He was one of the vagabond bandits, who came to fight the purgers.
(Lee Elexion. Also known as Vagabundo. A desert bandit with a fondness of violence and explosives)

"What the-?" Robert stared at the new arrival before regaining his senses. "Who the hell are you?! Civilians should be headed for the spaceport to be evacuated!" He then winced as purple energy bolts peppered the collapsed wall his was using for cover. He quickly peeked over it for a few seconds and saw that the alien armor was getting dangerously close. He ducked as more enemies fire at his position. Waiting until the barrage stopped, he stood up and fired his rifle into the enemy forces before he quickly hid back behind cover.

"Vagabundo!" He shouted back. "They threaten my home, I threaten their lives!" He said as pulled out two pistols. He stood up and started shooting. "Vagabond and bandit! At your service!"

"This is something for trained military personnel!" Robert shouted. "Not for, well, bandits!" Suddenly, a loud whine filled the air and several United Earth fighter jets flew by and dropped a payload of smart bombs onto the enemy. In the distance, he saw a transport carrying what he could only assume to be reinforcements. He turned to Vagabundo. "Hey kid! How good are you with machine guns?"
(If I join for the space battle, can I use an allied human nation, like my own to help?)

((Sure, man.))

"I would've brought my own, but I forget where the ammo was!" He shouted back. "And I've been in my fair share of firefights!" Vagabundo shouted back. "What do you have in mind?"

Robert pointed at the copse of a fellow man with a HVEP Gatling gun next to it. "Grab that gun! We need to provide cover fire for the transport! Otherwise those damn tanks with shoot it out of the sky!" He ducked behind thew wall as the enemy fired more shots at him. "Understand, kid! You get that gun!"

He ran towards the gun, ducking as an energy bullet range by his head. He picked up the gun, and started spinning the barrel. "This will be fun!" He shouted as a sea of bullets started firing from the gun, towards cannons in the distance.

"That's it!" Robert shouted. "Keep up the heat, kid, and we may just get out of this alive!" With that, Robert swung out behind cover and opened fire on the enemy. The hum of the transport got closer and then a large thump, followed by the shouting of men as they disembarked and added their own guns to the battle.

The gun made a click sound as bullets stopped coming. He cursed and started digging around the corpse, until he found more ammunition. After a moment it was reloaded, and he continued shooting. "How many men are left?" He shouted.

"Don't know," Robert said. "A few million? More of those damn Purgers keep coming down from they're ships every minute. We just need to hold this road until the spaceport has been evacuated and then we're out of here!" He called over the sound of gun fire.

Vagabundo thought for a moment as he continued firing. "Are these things even individuals?" He yelled. "Or are they some kind of clone?"

"Damned if I know." Robert said. "Command doesn't think there clones though, not from their life signature readings." He lifted his rifle and fired catching one in the chest. "But it doesn't really make a difference, does it?" He fired and clipped another Purger in the head. "They all die just the same."

"If they aren't individuals, then we should destroy the source when we get the chance!" He shouted back. His bullets plowing through a line of Purgers.

"I told you, they're not clones. And they're acting independently of one another. I've fought enough of them to know. All they are is religious fanatics who want to kill all of us! Now quit talking and more slaughtering them!"

Vagabundo nodded in response. He rowed down another row of soldiers, laughing again.
Far, far above, the situation looked nearly desperate for the Federation. Ships were being blasted aside like nothing, and their energy weapons didn't seem to phase them. Fortunately, they'd been in a situation like this before, and they remembered them all too well. And those long enemies, they had to call in again. The HRA Empire was coming in.

They had warned the men to watch out for Warp signatures, but unless they knew what to look for, they'd be blind. Warp Holes were hard to read, but if you had the right technology, you could find them easily. And Warp Holes were what the HRA Empire traveled on, like a hellish version of the Warp. And speaking of which...

Over a dozen Warp Holes opened up around the Purger capital ships, and that would hopefully spell their doom. The holes looked red, like fire, and had bolts of raw energy spewing out of the side of the hole, dissipating after a short distance. It wasn't dangerous to anything with a warp shield, though. But the Purgers probably didn't have a shield like that. Hopefully.

Out of these dozen or so Warp Holes came around 14 U-Boats, TBD Unterseeboot class Destroyers with stealth armour, painted black, and special weaponry attached to them. They had many large torpedo tubes in the front, at least a dozen on each side, a dozen three barreled 800mm gun turrets, 24 double barreled Lance Turrets (Lasers and energy weaponry), and 36 single barreled plasma gun turrets. Alongside that, an assortment of missiles and the such, but no hangers. They had no room.

Instantly, these 14 U-Boats fired every torpedo tube, emptied every 800mm barrel they had, and began blasting them with rapid fire lance batteries. They continued moving on, full speed ahead. Everyone thought they were on a collision course, and they were correct. They were moving on a collision course. But that wasn't their destiny.

As soon as the rounds hit the Purger ships, they disappeared into the Warp, the hole closing in behind them. As soon as they disappeared, the main fleet began showing up. Huge Warp Holes began opening up, lighting up the planet below. If anyone looked up, they would see a massive, and oddly pretty, sight as the ships got into the gun range, and opened up.

A few of the biggest ships, Battle Barges at 8 kilometers long, and Battleships, as big as a super carrier, began firing off their Nova Cannons, huge 1500 foot wide shells, at least 6, flew through the air, some smashing into capital ships, others imploding with the force of several plasma bombs, and then detonating outwards, consumed many small ships. The larger capital ships were hit, and bad. Some were outright vaporized. But they were never out yet.

"This is the Field Marshal Ascrith of the HRA Empire, in the Flagship Battle Barge Imperium. How may I be of assistance?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Purge War(OPEN)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus