Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Metal Gear Stasis (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

hztsvsqvlotbychkui2n.jpg

1985, Big Boss has well established his new Private Military, Diamond Dogs, situated on their mother base on a oil rig in the sea off of Seychelles. There have been many battles and missions carried out by the Diamond Dogs since their inception, and you yourself have been through many battles wearing the Diamond Dogs patch. Though now you have been tasked with a new mission, one that seems rather important as it was given to you by Big Boss himself. The mission seemed rather straight forward. There is a sight called Lazarus 4 on the remote location of Snake Island. It is a facility on the island that is claiming to be there for the study and protection of the endangered snake species on the island, and the Brazilian Navy have backed these claims. The client who hired the Diamond Dogs is a representative of NATO, and he thinks that there is something more going on then just this. Possibly experimentation of weapons, but they have no solid evidence and cannot get too close to really find out. He hired Diamond Dogs in the need for a nationless army to handle this matter, so that the blame could not be put on anyone, and cause problems between Brazil and NATO. Problem is, there was already a unit sent to this investigation, and now they have gone Missing in Action. Your mission now is to find out what happened to the unit that was dispatched at Snake Island, and to uphold the original mission. A mission like this would normally be handled by The Boss himself, but he is trusting you with this one. Dont let him down

I tried to make the description as quick as I could, so sorry if it is just a little vague. If you are interested we can always talk a bit more about it, most of it is just a set up to have a good ol' Metal Gear story about infiltrating a base, and finding out what is going on. Tactical Espionage Action at its best. The Squad in question would involve my character. For a short while you may be alone, and I will sort of GM things a little in the rp until you manage to find me (Which should not take long at all) I enjoy role playing in multiple paragraphs and being as detailed as I can, and I wont do any one liner or few sentence rps and I dont enjoy it when the person I am rping does this. I cant really respond to many times in a day so I like to make up for that with a bit more length and detail. I know what I posted here probably is not the best example. Oh and if it wasn't obvious, this is a Metal Gear Rp. I want original characters only, no existing ones, in the games canon and I am also open to people who haven't really played Metal Gear and are just interested to play. I wont expect everyone to know every little thing about Metal Gear, and I dont mind explaining some things here in there so you can have some context, I am patient. I do also plan for this RP to be the one mission, and while I do not plan on it being super long term, if you know Metal Gear, then you know that one mission is what the entire story usually revolves around, so I would say that this is more of a Medium Length rp that I have in mind. Lastly, though I do not plan on having any romance rp or anything that comes along with that, I do prefer to only rp with people 18 years old and up. If you are at all interested please feel free to just shoot me a PM
Magic 20%
Plausible legends of ancient magic, but current magic is not common.
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 80%
Wartime/soldier RPs. Combat is a given and will likely be graphic, but there's the potential for non-combat "in the trenches" scenes. World War 2, Vietnam, etc.
Romance 20%
Romance isn't outright desired, but can happen if we decide the characters are perfect for each other. The romance won't be important to the overall plot.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Can you do a new RP taking place after Guns of the Patriots (at least) because I have a character that would fit that setting better than this one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Metal Gear Stasis (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus