Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Job Hunting (1x1 open, or group open.)

He kept on running in silence not bothering to look back now as he knew they were both running as he had turned around in time to see them take off after him.
He followed behind Michael keeping himself paced so he could continue talking.

"Using a vampire too seek IEDs would be smart. The regeneration factor they have would make it hard for one to be killed by an IEd."
Sybil Marilyn Cooper (played anonymously)

Listened quietly for the most part she would laugh and snicker here and there but didn't say much
Michael Alasdair MacKenzie (played by Phrostphyre) Topic Starter

"Of course it is. But nooo, we can't let vampires into the Army. Never mind the fact that all we have to do is train them to be soldiers, not make them fit enough to be soldiers, like most recruits we get. God damn Internet and X-Box. When I was young, I had to buy anything I wanted. I had to earn the money. I never had anything given to me, other than clothes and food. Except my sword. It's a shame I wasn't an officer. I could have worn my sword all the time, not just with a kilt. Now, I can see where feeding a vampire would be a concern for the Army, but that's about it. Any questions? Like why I was bored with fencing?"
Just kept on running...cause well...that's about all he could do.
He chuckled a bit at his words.

"Sure. Why'd you get bored with fencing?"

Arched a brow she hadn't really thought about it. But Kyle beat her to the punch. So she was silent.

Michael grinned as he answered. "Why else? I was top of the game at seventeen. I came from a small town and other than the tournaments I went to, I had never been out of the county. I wanted to get away from it. I thought I would get a nice cushy job as a supply clerk, but it was my luck the Army needed infantrymen, not supply clerks. So I wound up in Mexico for three years, off and on. My contract had been for four active duty, four reserve. One year was training. I haven't been called up to serve again, so I have a degree. I'm not in North Carolina anymore, that's for sure."
He had continued running but slowed up a bit allowing them to catch up.
He chuckled a bit as he seen Minato had slowed down.

"Wouldn't hurt you to get back in it. There maybe some people out there who may actually give ya a challenge now. You never know."

Smirked a bit. She knew all about small town life, small town mentality, and small town prejudices.

"Probably. I'll agree to that. But I'm too old for it. It's a young man's sport, and I'm not young. Although I can still shoot straight, I'm not fast enough to fence."

[prods minato and kyle with pointy stick, post damnit :p.]
He had nearly slowed to a complete stop to allow them to catch up. As they would catch him, he would begin to match their pace now listening quietly to them talk.
He chuckled a bit at Michaels words.

"As true as that may be, you will honestly never know till you actually try. Besides I'm sure they have some kind of division for the 'seasoned vets' of the game. Heck if it came down to it, I could start up some kind of fencing tournament thing here at my place. I mean I do got arenas and such."

Billy's brows flared, and she laughed, "Old? Really...you don't look much older than I do." she laughed again.

As they caught up to Minato she patted Kyle's chest with one of her hands, "Lemme down." she murmured softly, "If were slowing down you sure as hell don't need to carry me."

"I'm old enough to have been where I've been and done what I've done. As for a tournament, unless it's to see who can skewer the old man first, then I'll have no part of it. I'm a teacher now, not a fencer or soldier. But the skills come in handy every now and then. Oh yes they do." Michael began slowing down. He wasn't as young as he used to be, although he was glad he was still short of the big thirty. That was when it all started to go. Mind, strength, and reflexes. Two more years, old man. And then you're thirty, and you really will be too old for fencing. It is a young man's sport, but experience is needed to teach the young punks. Maybe if you get tired of high school you could do that.
(I'm just gonna drop Minato out of this one for awhile since he ain't doing anything.)

He shrugged a bit.

"I have thoughts like that too. Who can skewer this guy.. It's what keeps me looking for fights and keeps me in the game. Had some good fights as a result but no one really good enough to knock memoff my high horse permanently."

Billy smiled softly, she was sure Kyle hadn't heard her request to be put down. "Kyle. Put me down. Please." the please was added with a little smile and she padded him on the shoulder.

Once Kyle had put her down she looked to Michael. "You talk like an old man." she folded her arms across her chest, "I mean, like....you talk like you've seen it all, and now you're ready to live nice and quietly till death comes." One of her brows was flared. "No offense intended. But you talk like you're 60 for cryin out loud."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Job Hunting (1x1 open, or group open.)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus