Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Hollow Knight Alt Timeline (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

The Glaivesinger (played by Riik)

A great infection threatened to overtake the kingdom of Hallownest. But the wise and thoughtful actions of its king have defeated the vile sickness! Yet a dark toll has been paid for this victory. One that will come to bite back against the king. Deep in the Abyss, trouble stirs...

READ FIRST:

Players aged 16+ are required. This is a personal preference due to the age gap there would otherwise be.

This is a multi-paragraph RP. If you feel you can't maintain a pace of about 2 paragraphs average per post, this might not be for you. Also, expect long posts from me early on - don't feel obligated to keep up with them and don't expect them to persist throughout; it'd be mostly due to me setting the scene.

Here we have been locked. Children of the darkness and the white. Our birthplace our tomb. Forgotten. Discarded. Vessels unpure. Imperfect. We are his dirty secret. His dark sacrifice. We are dying. Twisted. Writhing. Many of us have become shades and abominations. The rest filled with the desire for vengeance. Our time will come... we will break free. And our father will pay for abandoning us...

So... this is an RP idea set in an alternative version of Hallownest from the game Hollow Knight where the Pale King has been successful in creating a vessel to contain the Radiance and its infection. Hallownest is still a thriving civilisation, tensions are brewing on the borders with Deepnest and the Pale King sets his sights on expanding the extent of his kingdom.

What I'm looking for is someone to play... well any bug will do really, but a vessel is preferred (whether an OC or Hollow Knight's protagonist, the Knight). I will be playing my OC the Glaivesinger, a vessel who managed to break free of the Abyss. If your character is another vessel, then they broke free together, otherwise they will simply be the first bug to befriend them after their escape. The gist of the RP would essentially be settling into life in Hallownest, and trying to find a place and a balance as trouble brews in the abyss. Will the characters join the Glaivesinger's brethren in eliminating the Pale King? Will they fight against the tide of abyssal forces? Or will they seek a method that would allow both sides to live in harmony?

And all the while... even in this timeline... will the Hollow Knight truly be able to fulfil their duty indefinitely, or will the infection be as inevitable as it was in the game, albeit delayed? And what new advantages could this delay have brought that might result in a permanent solution? That is, if the characters choose not to set the infection free themselves...

Basically, it's a fairly open-ended RP with plenty of possibilities for conflict.

Notes on the worldspace: Hollow Knight is a 2D platformer. This RP is not. Some of the areas of depth that the game works around (such as having jumps on roads and paths where a real-world version might instead have twisting continuous paths) may be replaced by more 3D-sensible variations. Floating platforms seemingly not attached to anything won't exist. And of course backdrop scenery in the game is fully visitable (and it would stand to reason that there's similar depth in the direction toward the camera as well), which means there's plenty of additional worldbuilding possibilities, especially when it comes to the extent of what lies within the City of Tears itself.

In-depth knowledge of the game lore is not necessary, though when it comes to adding personalised content to the world, some degree of understanding the state of Hallownest prior to the infection's full take-over would be helpful. Even if it means occasionally popping open a wiki or something. At the very least, make sure you know enough that you understand the difference between the Knight and the Hollow Knight.
Magic 70%
Magic is fairly common. Players and NPCs important to the tale may have it. Mistborn.
Technology 40%
Industrial revolution
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Hello! I think your Hollow Knight AU is really interesting! My HK hyper-fixation may have passed, but I still really love the world and would love to get back into an RP with it. While I don't have any of my Hollow Knight OCs on here, I have visuals of them uploaded on Toyhouse (here). Contact me know if any of them sound interesting, and if you'd like to discuss things further!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Hollow Knight Alt Timeline (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus