Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 6 Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Puzzle 6 Symbol in Epic Week 2021. Please stay on topic. Remember, these puzzles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. In puzzles, all information you will need to solve it is contained within Epic Week materials.

Click here to visit the location of the Puzzle 6 Symbol
Claine Moderator

OM7QGBG.png

Hey Twisted Horror you having a giggle?? unlock that clue.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Twisted Horror appeared to have the words "more" and "less" confused. She's straightened out now!
Dragonfire Moderator

We have a second clue!

*reads third clue requirements and looks at the clock* Dangit.
Dragonfire Moderator

Heeey, so we haven't worked on this one lately!

I'm thinking the 'trip under protest' probably refers to Eladun's trip to Curiosity, mentioned here:

eladus7.png

He also mentions a passphrase given to him by Usim. I wonder if that's the password spoken of in the second clue? But changing perspective, hrm...
Ilmarinen Moderator

"Shift 5" is written upside down on one of the letters! That certainly constitutes a change in perspective. Maybe we will need to decode one of the numerical ones then decide it using Caesar-5? (Or ENcode it, maybe)
Aha! So we also need sideways? Inside-out? Upside-down? Pictographs?! XD Oh my.....
Dragonfire Moderator

There's also a bunch of numbers written sideways on the journal with the glyphs, too. Could those be related?

I wonder what happens when you shift-5 them.
Ilmarinen Moderator

That's what I was thinking. Those numbers don't look like A1Z26, and even shifting them one way or another wouldn't bring em in range.
Ilmarinen Moderator

Eladus commenting that he has to "practice his pronunciation" implies that the passphrase may also utilize the syllables on the glyph page, somehow.
That's what I think too. I'm looking at some of the glyph symbols and thinking some of them look like they need to be backwards from how they're written? Not sure about that yet, though. Perhaps those ones need to be pronounced differently.
Also some of the runes don't appear to be on the page Eladus transcribed, so perhaps they're from another alphabet, or, more likely: if they're important, they have to be translated from the number code.
Now, while there are 12 glyphs on the left page of Eladus' journal, the number code on the right page has a lot of large numbers (up to 146!) on one side of its panel, but only numbers up to 10 on the right side of its panel. So, while it's still confusing because I don't know if they'd all really be needed or not, it's possible that the large numbers are something that translates into the small numbers, and the small numbers could be glyphs?

I don't really know, as of yet, so I'm going to keep researching. But it's a thought! :D also, I'm kind of hoping this doesn't involve mirrors. If I have to solve glyphs and codes through a mirror, I'm going to be cross. Lol.
Dragonfire Moderator

The second column of numbers being so much lower is definitely intriguing. I've tried flipping through the letters to see if they maybe correspond to a month, or something, but so far that hasn't yielded anything.
Dragonfire Moderator

"34 1" is repeated four times in the column of numbers. What do you want to bet that corresponds to an 'e' somehow?
Dragonfire Moderator

On the other hand, that's the only combination that's repeated. I find it hard to believe that the whole 'phrase', if that's what it is, only has one instance of duplicate letters.
Hm, maaaybe a date? There are some journals, etc., that are all written around the same time, but I don't know that there would be enough other corresponding letters and journals to go with the rest of the numbers.
Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

B-b-b-b-b-bonus clue!
Dragonfire Moderator

*chews on the clues, and then on the research materials, and then on librarian-elf*

There's gotta be something obvious here that I'm just failing to see. Trips, eh - we've got the one where Eladus goes to Curiosity Camp (I'm imagining a summer camp with counselors and lots of science experiments, except it's not summer, it's winter and there's mountains and shapeshifters and teeth), and then the one where he meets with Inilorh.

...Man, did Eladus get replaced with a shapeshifter at some point? That would make some sense.
Y-y-y-yahoo!

Here are a few drops for reference! :P

See more

eladus1.png

crackofdawn2.png

wizardingweekly1.png

crackofdawn3.png

crackofdown4.png

meetingminutes1.png

Emnunydae1.png

eladus2.png

openletter.png

eladus7.png

usim3.png

ligorin3.png

eladus3.png

eladus4.png

Rhozora4.png

Rhozora5.png

liri2.png

eladus5.png

eladus6.png

eladus8.png

Will be editing with more additions. I think it's all done!

Ahh, maybe the key is the numbers/code, and the compromise is in one of the letters involving Eladus and the Necromancer? :D
Or a journal entry, oop. Like the one from Jan 12, 584. That one seems sort of like a compromise, but also him meeting with mister bloody spine man was definitely a compromise, too. :P

I don't know HOW I missed that one about the undead. Yikes. Tall about abandoning the people but not the cause! That's a scary kind of enchantment, guy. :I
Just adding all the things that reference Eladus at all, but I think the ones from January and June are most important in this situation. Not sure. :)
Dragonfire Moderator

Hrrrrrm. I keep trying to figure out what that list of numbers of Eladun's could possibly be. I've tried cross-referencing dates, but nothing, and paragraphs/sentences/lines to characters, also nothing. I attempted shifting the numbers in the first column by the number of places in the second column in the hopes of getting somewhere, but that didn't work. Mathematical manipulation doesn't seem to work or give results that are useable, either.

The trip under protest... I'm sure that's the trip Eladus made to Curiosity Camp. The key can be applied to the compromise...

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Puzzle 6 Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus