Skip to main content

Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Adventurous Symbol (SOLVED)

Please log in to participate in Epic Week challenges.

Kim Site Admin

This topic is for discussing clues and potential answers to the Adventurous Symbol in Epic Week 2021. Please stay on topic. Remember, these riddles are designed to be challenging and require a group of people brainstorming together; don't feel intimidated if you don't know the answer right away. Every little idea can help. Research is not cheating; it is expected!

Click here to visit the location of the Adventurous Symbol
Tar

GASP!

Is this a Venture Bros one?! I am an enormous fan and still devastated over the cancellation, I'm gonna be on this one obsessively aaaah
Claine Moderator

venture-bros-high-five.gif
Tar

I'm sending out some calls in an attempt to get these clues unlocked, but so far my gut tells me the first clue is likely referring to Dr. Henry Killinger (and his magic murder bag).

Tar

Yee, thanks to my ol' pal XinonHyena for the second clue and to starwolf for the third!

...is the answer just Killinger? XD
Tar

Goodness, I think I've just about put in every single character that was in or so much as mentioned in the show, including aliases. I thought it might be Killinger, one of Hank's identities like The Bat or Enrico Matassa, The Blue Morpho, Scare Bear, maybe even The Sovereign slash David Bowie due to the last clue - honestly, I'm running out of things to try! It must be a more obscure mention...
Dragonfire Moderator

Tar wrote:
Goodness, I think I've just about put in every single character that was in or so much as mentioned in the show, including aliases. I thought it might be Killinger, one of Hank's identities like The Bat or Enrico Matassa, The Blue Morpho, Scare Bear, maybe even The Sovereign slash David Bowie due to the last clue - honestly, I'm running out of things to try! It must be a more obscure mention...

Does Killinger have a true nature, in particular?
Tar

Nope, at least not one that we know absolutely! This is why the last clue throws me off and makes me think more Hank or someone else in costume who is clearly identifiable. Killinger's mystical or supernatural nature is otherwise a mystery, along with the other investors: https://venturebrothers.fandom.com/wiki/The_Investors

I tried The Investors, but not 'Investor' alone - possibly it? It could also potentially be "Anemoi" or "the deity of the southeast wind" although this suggestion was never wholly confirmed:
Quote:
"Killinger was also the only character who was able to touch and kill The Investors who were proven to be troublesome to kill for other people. In that same confrontation, The Investors were revealed to be supernatural beings and for Killinger to be able to kill them confirms he too is supernatural as he himself stated the trio were his brothers. With the apparent revelation that they were four of the Greek deities of the wind, it is likely that Killinger may be Apeliotes or Eurus, the deity of the southeast wind."
Ilmarinen Moderator

Kim Topic Starter Site Admin

Congrats on solving this symbol! The answer was "Apeliotes".

For those of you wondering how this answer could be arrived at, here's a quick explanation. :)
Heimdall wrote:
The first two clues reference Dr. Henry Killinger, who is a mysterious and "benevolent" force who helps villains achieve their full potential. He is the brother of the Investors, who he calls by their names: Lips, Skiron, and Caecius, the Greek embodiments of the lesser winds. This implies that Killinger is the embodiment of the southeast wind, Apeliotes.
Tar

YES

Ohman, I knew it was Killinger, but just had to dig a little deeper - LOVE YOU HEIMDOO, NICE ONE
Dragonfire Moderator

\o/ Good digging!
Ilmarinen Moderator

HAHAAAA! Great jeorb!!

You are on: Forums » Epic Week 2021 » Adventurous Symbol (SOLVED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus