Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Dystopian Sc-Fi RP --- 'Flatline' (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Pew! Pew! Pew!

I mean what?

Hello! Welcome to my RP Ad! I'm AliRevellian, and I am - if you didn't know - a sucker for dystopian sci-fi (or really any sci-fi, but I really want to do a dystopian sci-fi)

I have a dystopian novel called Adrenaline, and I was hoping to make some sort of sequel AU for it called 'Flatline' (like my blood references?). I can give a summary of the novel itself here so you know what happened in Adrenaline and you can play off of it however you like:

TW: Gore, violence

In the city of Mondlosen, Adelmir (fictional), there is a criminal on the run. His name is Richard Alann (Rich). He has been running and in hiding from cops and soldiers for a whole 7 years for homicide and resistance of arrest. However, he never did anything wrong. It all started when he was 16 (he is now 23). He was friends with two other kids his age, Blake Black (no, the name was not inspired by Jack Black) and Alex Wannet. Blake Black's father, Aaron Black, was the lawful ruler of Mondlosen. See, the system works as a monarchy, but they are just called rulers, not kings or queens, etc., etc. So, if Aaron were to die, Blake would become ruler and that is that. So... can you see where this is going?

Blake killed Aaron and cleverly framed Rich and Alex. He was never suspected, as he was ruler and everyone always seems to have blind faith in a ruler, which Rich finds absolutely stupid. Anyway, Alex is caught, and Rich got away, thinking Alex was with him. Blake refrained from killing Alex, as he wanted to catch Rich and give them both the death sentence together. However, as all those 7 years goes by, all Rich is trying to do is free Alex and leave Mondlosen. And he won't step a foot outside until he fulfills this goal.

So Rich lives in an underground lab with a man named Dr. Andy Anderson (No, that is not his real name. Yes, he goes with that alias under the same name as the musician. Rich doesn't know this though), who is the father figure to Rich (secretly his real father; this is found out at the end of the novel) and makes sure he doesn't do anything too stupid.

While at a bar, Rich makes a deal with an undercover mafia boss Matt Emerson (AKA 'The Vulture') to steal a 2-11 Grenade Gun (very illegal) from another believed to be deceased mafia boss, Joe Doughford, who stole it from Matt in the first place. However, as he leaves in the dead of night to find Joe, he is confronted by two girls who were at the bar - two that thought he was suspicious. It was Officer Atlantis Comera and her best friend and roommate, Jayla Kelley. They found out who he was, beginning to haul him off to prison, but after a deal, they finally come up with an agreement. The girls' friend's daughter, Anna Dailey, was kidnapped by Joe a couple weeks ago and they were having trouble finding him. So they agreed that if Rich helped them save her, handed over the gun, Joe, and Matt, then they would act like they never saw him at all. Of course, this deal may sound a little unbalanced, but really, it is very fair.

So, they do this successfully blah, blah, blah... Atlantis warns Rich to be more careful because of on of the Lieutenant Colonels of Blake, Anthony Winters, because he was now constantly on the hunt for the 'criminal', and wouldn't hesitate to kill him.

Anyway, Rich is very stubborn and ambitious and a few weeks later broke into Black Tower (the prison is connected to this) to free Alex once and for all. However, he didn't plan out anything, and when he went up to Alex's cell... he was gone. Moved elsewhere. Then, a fight ensued between Anthony Winters himself and Rich. Though, Atlantis to the rescue, she knocks out Anthony and secretly lets Rich go and takes Anthony back to his place. And also, Anthony is like an anti-hero basically. He becomes a main character and one of the good guys.

Stuff, stuff, stuff, dialogue, dialogue, dialogue, all that fun stuff, let's get to the good parts. Rich and Atlantis do fall for each other (I had to add in romance because, you know, stories should have a bit of romance :/), they break into Black Tower (Rich is under a disguise), Rich leaves the rest of the group (they were joined by Blake's ex-wife, Josephine), not wanting to hurt them, ends up getting captured, la, la, laaaa, gets the death sentence... he is about to be hung, but Blake orders Anthony (Blake killed his wife, Jane, a few scenes before this, forcing him to join Blake's side again after he betrayed him to help the others) to shoot Rich. So, he does, but when he pulls the trigger, nothing comes out (Rich managed to remove the ammo, sneaky, sneaky boi), and they fight again. Atlantis - who was being held hostage at the hanging, yelled at them to stop once all the soldiers had rushed to Black Towers once alarms starting ringing through the building.

So... Andy, Jayla, the whole gang they broke out Alex, and they managed to convince the whole city about Blake's evil, and to just trust them, and they fled the city, anyone who wanted to join would join. Anyway, yeah, you get the jig. They go into the forest and begin heading to the next city, leaving Blake to deal with himself in the burning tower.

Aesthetic

Adrenaline Playlist

293fa899-e6c2-466d-b793-0f78f50fe628.jpeg

1*Nv0jMnGNzf4yCJTBUwNJsA.png

futuristic-town.jpg

I am currently making more in-depth characters for these guys. But throughout the RP, you will catch on. Trust me.
Here is the profile page. Under construction.
Magic 10%
On very, very, rare occasions there may be unexplained, POSSIBLY supernatural events. Minor "environmental" magic. Perhaps implies the existence of a deity or supernatural entity. Or perhaps it's just tricks?
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 80%
Wartime/soldier RPs. Combat is a given and will likely be graphic, but there's the potential for non-combat "in the trenches" scenes. World War 2, Vietnam, etc.
Romance 50%
Romance is desired but not required, and will balance evenly with other plot.

Details: Occasional dice use, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Dystopian Sc-Fi RP --- 'Flatline' (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus