Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » VR games/gaming

Sanne Moderator

What's up everyone? :D Long time no see!

Things have been super busy on my end, what with graduating college, new year, family emergencies, and a lot, lot, looooot of self-care. I hope you've all been well while I sorted things out!

So fun news from me: in April I decided to focus on me and improve my health by being more active. No weight loss goals or anything like that, I just want to be up and about and move more than before. So I put a chunk of saved money towards buying a VR headset (Oculus Quest 2) and got a couple of games! Is there anyone else with a Quest or Quest 2 who wants to play some games together? Or maybe you have recommendations? :)

I have a few fitness focused apps, including Beat Saber and Synth Riders, as well as some sideloaded apps from Sidequest and App Lab such as Hitstream, Pavlov Shack and H.A.X. I have a bunch of apps on my wishlist as well, including Superhot, Pistol Whip, The Walking Dead, Demeo and Phantom: Covert Ops.

Can't do PC VR unfortunately since I'm still working with my ancient desktop computer from 2012 and my laptop doesn't have a dedicated graphics card, but I'm working towards getting a new rig for 2022!

Let me know if you want to play on any of the multiplayer games I own, and if there's any you recommend?
Oh hey, my fiancé and I also have our own Quest 2s.

I've been mostly playing on VRChat or Pierhead Arcade. I guess the real rub is that I usually do a lot of my VR gaming through Steam VR at the moment. So a lot of my games are played through air link and being connected to my desktop.

Demeo looks like a lot of fun, and I have it wishlisted. I'm a bit hesitant to buy stuff through the Quest shop, though, since I can get a lot of stuff through Steam as well, and I don't want to run into the issue of buying a game twice. More so these days since I'm looking at moving next month and getting situated in a new apartment. o: !

I would love to play VR games with more people, though. I don't actually have a lot of friends that have VR headsets and a general interest in VR enough to have plans in getting their own. If you're setting a new rig goal for 2022, though, I'd say definitely keep me in the loop! TT u TT
Pistol whip is so much fun! The gun sounds so good and being able to duel weild is amazing and also difficult lol. Songs are good too! Really fun! I know its on your wishlist but its superfun. Highly recommend.

The walking dead game is also stellar and is a must have for sure! The mechanic where zombies can actually hear the noise you make into the mic is super tense.

Also Vacation Simulator. The characters are funny and cute and its a nice experience. In the same vein, Job Simulator is also good.

App lab (and sidequest) are super cool and I just love Ancient Dungeon Beta! Its a really amazing roulike game. I found the controls a little perplexing at first but once you figure it out its a really enjoyable time!

I hope you have tons of fun with your quest :)
I agree with JojoApples with Pistol Whip and Walking dead: awesome games with their own selling points.

If we are talking fitness apps, I have my own routine, which is, usually, a rotation of these 5 games:
1- Pistol Whip (usually for warming up before going for the other three)
2- Path of the Warrior (Nice "arcade game" style like Street of Rage, usually used for recovery workouts)
3- BeatSaber\Ragnarock (My basic arms workout, it can be useful for burning up some calories if done regularly... also, both of them have ways to put custom songs AND multiplayer, so... very nice game)
4- Thrill of the Fight (This game is the ultimate arms workout: a simple, basic boxing game that will make you sweat gallons. I do not suggest it to people without firm arm muscles because it really puts them under high stress).
5- Special mention goes to Blade & Sorcery since it's perfect for a "semi" complete workout

Walking Dead is, so far, my best VR game for "fun", surpassed only by Alyx (but Alyx annihilates the competition by default... it's like comparing an ant to a dragon. Don't make my mistake, do not play it until very later in your VR journey), although it tends to give you back pain since you are going to play for long periods of time by standing in position so... beware.

Demeo is also on my wishlist (but I'm also saving some dosh for Asgard's wrath), but I lack friends to play it with. At this point, perhaps we should consider the idea of creating a group here on the site for that :P?
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

FreeJayFly wrote:
Demeo looks like a lot of fun, and I have it wishlisted. I'm a bit hesitant to buy stuff through the Quest shop, though, since I can get a lot of stuff through Steam as well, and I don't want to run into the issue of buying a game twice. More so these days since I'm looking at moving next month and getting situated in a new apartment. o: !

I would love to play VR games with more people, though. I don't actually have a lot of friends that have VR headsets and a general interest in VR enough to have plans in getting their own. If you're setting a new rig goal for 2022, though, I'd say definitely keep me in the loop! TT u TT

I was gifted Demeo and realized it's cross-platform!! If you get it for Steam then we can still play! :D I ran a game or two with some friends and it's amazing omg.

JoJoApples wrote:
Also Vacation Simulator. The characters are funny and cute and its a nice experience. In the same vein, Job Simulator is also good.

App lab (and sidequest) are super cool and I just love Ancient Dungeon Beta! Its a really amazing roulike game. I found the controls a little perplexing at first but once you figure it out its a really enjoyable time!

I hope you have tons of fun with your quest :)

Vacation and Job Simulator are games I've seen being played on YT before! :D I'm not sure they're super for me for that price tag, but I'm side-eyeing them a little. <.<

And thanks for suggesting Ancient Dungeon!! I nabbed the demo, it looks like Minecraft in VR :D

Lord_Cegorach wrote:
Walking Dead is, so far, my best VR game for "fun", surpassed only by Alyx (but Alyx annihilates the competition by default... it's like comparing an ant to a dragon. Don't make my mistake, do not play it until very later in your VR journey), although it tends to give you back pain since you are going to play for long periods of time by standing in position so... beware.

Demeo is also on my wishlist (but I'm also saving some dosh for Asgard's wrath), but I lack friends to play it with. At this point, perhaps we should consider the idea of creating a group here on the site for that :P?

Alyx is a game for... whenever I get a new computer lol. But I DID manage to get a VR port for the first Half-Life game which is a trip. If you're interested check out Sidequest for Lambda1VR -- it requires for you to own the original game on Steam to copy files over though.

A group for VR players sounds fun!! I don't have the time to manage another group at the moment, but if there is one, I'm sure a link to the group here would be very welcome. :D

I am VERY VERY happy to share with you that I finally got around to upgrading my decade old desktop PC! Two years worth of savings went into it but it's a BEAST and I can even play VR on it without any issues!!

I am currently piggybacking on a friend's library and have dipped my toes into some Half-Life: Alyx, but I'm definitely gonna save up to buy my own copy! :D If anyone has a multiplayer VR game to play with me (Phasmophobia and Forewarned are the wo current ones) hit me up! I'd love to play!
DevinGardner

I'm down for vr

DevinGardner wrote:
I'm down for vr

Cool!! What games do you play?!
DevinGardner

Iron lights, crisis vrigade 2, drunken bar fights, and a couple other multiplayer games

DevinGardner wrote:
Iron lights, crisis vrigade 2, drunken bar fights, and a couple other multiplayer games

I unfortunately don't own any of the ones you listed. :(
DevinGardner

Awe what do you own?

DevinGardner wrote:
Awe what do you own?

For PC I own Phasmophobia and Forewarned to play in VR. On the Quest itself I play Beat Saber, Synth Riders and Demeo!
DevinGardner

Oohhh I have beat saber if you wanna play sometime

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » VR games/gaming

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus