Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Freewebs Email

I'm just curious if anyone else has received this email (for those of you who may still have freeweb accounts.)
Quote:
Dear Webs User, Thank you for hosting your website with Webs.com . This email is to inform you that we will be discontinuing your free website service, effective September 9, 2011, due to necessary upgrades in the hosting platform. We've recently partnered with one of the leading hosting companies, Network Solutions®, to provide even more great features for you. If you wish to retain your current website without interruption to your service, you may do so by purchasing a Web hosting package from Network Solutions. Network Solutions offers a variety of Web hosting packages, starting as low as $6.97 per month.** Web hosting packages include all of your existing website features plus many more such as a free domain name*, email boxes and 24/7 customer support: If you decline to purchase a website hosting package from Network Solutions, your hosting service with <a href="http://hostwebs.com">hostwebs.com</a> will no longer be available after September 9, 2011.

I suppose that means more traffic for RPR (and Wix /shudder.) I'm posting it because I'm curious if anyone has received it, or it's a fake.
Darth_Angelus Moderator

There's no sign of it on their site/blog.

I'd say this is one of those "the website you use is going to close/charge for use/delete your account if you don't..." emails that people send out to cause a panic.
Dylan Topic Starter

darth_angelus wrote:
There's no sign of it on their site/blog.

I'd say this is one of those "the website you use is going to close/charge for use/delete your account if you don't..." emails that people send out to cause a panic.

That's what I figured. :P
Just Checked all my email soon as I read this. I didn't get one and I got like a bazillion sites through freewebs...granted I can't remember my login info to most of em but still.
I had a freewebs site once, but I haven't gotten any emails of the sort.
Dylan Topic Starter

Found information here. Looks like it's hostwebs.com - so the email is correct, though some people hadn't made the change to webs.com apparently?

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Freewebs Email

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus