Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Wild Reach, Western Sci-Fi (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

cd6ae0c78a3a77222d85c0c5fc55af46.jpg

Its no secret that nobody wants to really be here. If anyone said, "Oh I love this desolate desert planet, its comfy" they are a blatant liar or a sarcastic jester. Years ago a large mining company named Journey Corps. came to this planet that they dubbed, "The Wild Reach." Soon they found an abundance of a very valuable ore called Atriuem, a vibrantly glowing pink gem that important in creating powerful weapons and technology. Soon after word got out that the planet was filled with Atriuem, other mining companies flocked to the planet and started to strip the land dry.

Things where booming for a while, but a problem soon arrived. The planet was extremely hostile and dangerous. To combat this the mining companies formed their owned little armies mostly consisting of mercenaries and bounty hunters, to try and fight the beast, and men, that rose up against them. Soon though the hardships became more and more costly, and seemingly all at once the mining companies left the planet. However they mostly abandoned the people who worked and lived there with the mining companies, leaving behind a broken society of tough and rumble miners, bounty hunters, and mercs. Years later, and The Wild Reach became a hostile bad lands where the communities that formed after the mining companies left were filled with smugglers, thieves, mercenaries, and low life drunks. Outside of the town lurks a wild and untamed desert land filled with all kinds of strange creatures and mysteries. Most people who come to this planet either do so because they are looking for a mercenary or smuggler to hire, or because they are trying to hide from something.

That is where your story starts. Maybe you came here years ago with the Mining companies and were one of the ones left behind, maybe you were born here, maybe you came here for your own reasons. No matter what brought you here, you are here, and you are stuck. It doesn't take long to learn that the way of the world here is that of thievery and hustling, and if you want to make it then you got to do the same. A gang named The Red Star Nova's have been putting together a small crew to rob a very important train going through Wild Reach. Either you were already a part of this gang, or they offered to hire you to help, but either way you find yourself a part of this motley crew. The gang hired another man, Harper Crowe, and though he is not in the gang he apparently has a long standing history with them.

However none of that really matters, because once the train robbery doesn't go the way its suppose to and men die and money is lost, the gang is going to want to point a finger at someone for blame...and how unlucky would it be if you survived to see such scrutiny.

Hey I am sort of new to this website and I am just looking for some people who may be interested in my idea. I have just a few things to cover though so you know what I am looking for in this rp.

For starters, I prefer players who can write good and detailed paragraphs and I do not do one line responses. I am not very picky and I am very patient but I dont like people just not seeming to care too much. Secondly, I am a married man and I try not to shove that down everyone's throats but is important for me to say because I want people to know that I do not do romance RPs, and I prefer to RP with male partners. I dont have any discrimination against anybody, I just simply wish to respect the wishes of my wife and our marriage. If you think you would be good for this RP please just PM me and we can talk more about it and get something started!
Magic 30%
Some magic. Few can use it, but most of the players probably won't have it. Magical characters will likely believe that they are all alone.
Technology 70%
Further future, perhaps visit mars or upload your brain
Combat 70%
More combat than not. The setting may be at war, and the characters will likely get involved whether or not they seek it out.
Romance 10%
Romantic themes are possible, but won't pan out. For example: unrequited love.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred.

May I do this?
I would love to start a roleplay with you!

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Wild Reach, Western Sci-Fi (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus