Skip to main content

Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Dashboard Notification Options

My dashboard notification are starting to get just a tad out of hand! While it's nice to see my friend's characters making friends and such, I don't really care to have the fact show up on my dashboard.

It would be nice if we could choose what kind of notifications pop up in our notifications. For example, I'm cool with seeing when my friend's characters add new pictures to their character's galleries but I would turn off friending notification that aren't related to me or my characters.
Sanne Moderator

I agree. It would also be nice to see them visually formatted a bit better. Like a box around each notification so they don't run into each other.
Kim Site Admin

Tasha wrote:
It would be nice if we could choose what kind of notifications pop up in our notifications.

This already exists. :) You can pick the categories of things that you're interested in seeing by going to your dashboard, and then choosing "your settings" from the submenu. Uncheck the things you don't care to see.

@Sanne -- Agreed, they do need some spit polish. Notifications are a huuuuge complicated feature and they periodically get tuneups like beautifications. I'm longing to redo them again now that I've watched the current system in action for awhile, but I promised myself I was going to get a few other features out first before I invested time in redoing notifications a second time.
Sanne Moderator

Oh durr.

Journals aren't listed though. :3
Kim Site Admin

No, that option never quite made it live. Le sigh. I'll try to make sure it gets out tonight. Right now I've gotta go run some errands. :)
Tasha Topic Starter

It's like you can see the FUTURE!
Kim Site Admin

1. I've added a pencil icon right on the notifications window itself to try and give a clearer visual indication of how to adjust your options.
  2. Journal entries have been added to the list of items you can turn on and off.
  3. Formatting has been tweaked to make it clearer where individual notifications begin and end. This falls short of the complete inside-and-out notifications system redesign I'd like to do, but hopefully it will tide us over until notifications once again rise to the top of the priority list.

Hope this helps!

You are on: Forums » Suggestions & Development Discussion » Dashboard Notification Options

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus