Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Second War (Open!)

Advunturion (played by KingofHaddock)

Advunturion nodded. As a rogue, he had much training with firearms. As well as the visual target projectors he saw in his robotic vision. Though he had brought no weapon himself, meaning he would have to borrow a gun from the armory.
Nyx V'yinir (played by mecho) Topic Starter

(Sorry for such a delayed response, I've been quite busy of late.)
Nyx looked over at Advunturion, and tossed him a railgun. "Take a few shots with that, see how you like it." Picking up is Bunakari, Nyx aimed downrange and shot off several rounds at a target, each one hitting cleanly in the forehead of the dummy. "Your turn. Be careful though, that thing has quite a large punch behind it." said Nyx.

(Oh don't worry, I'm just as bad.)
The Naekhoric loaded his new found railgun. His sensory system would now come into play. Such a addon to his system made it much easier to aim a ranged weapon. He made his way to the barrier that shielded him from his target. Taking aim, Advunturion pulled the trigger. As an inanimate target, Advunturion would have no trouble shooting it cleanly in the head area.

Advunturion's robot arms yanked as he shot. He waited for the radiant color of the railgun's beam to clear before he checked his outcome.
Scott (played by Zactrul)

(would it be ok if I joined?)

(Definitely. Join in wherever Scott.)
Nyx glanced over to the decimated remains of the target Advunturion had fired at. "I think we have found just the weapon for you. Scott, grab a weapon. We disembark soon."
Nyx picked unsheathed his Skana and slashed at a metal dummy several times, decapitating it. He sharpened his blade for a minute, and began to stroll to the door. "Everyone all set?"

Advunturion felt that he had done all he needed to accomplish. With the rail-gun, he took a solemn nod, befitting of such an emotionless being that Advunturion is. With his choice made, he now waited for his companions to make their decisions.

A loud cracking sound coming from a different room, then scott walked out "sorry my fault" he said then walked over to Nyx "what is that thing?" he pointed to Advunturion and was still coughing from the smoke

Nyx glanced towards Scott and murmered "He's on our side, don't worry. You have nothing to fear of him right now. Let's head out." Nyx, Scott, and the Naekhoric walked out of the Council headquarters and onto the ramp of a EDF-130 gunship.

As he headed toward the Gunship, Advunturion did nothing but wait for the gunship to reach it's destination. With little to do, and nothing to say, Advunturion simply stood with his visor-like head upward, awaiting the assignment.

Scott was walking behind Advunturion being cautious of his movements still coughing slightly from the smoke in his lungs, after awhile it faided he looked over to Nyx "so what's the plan?" he asked holding his Assault Rifle at his side and his tools on his back.

As the gunship departed, Nyx finally spoke of his plan for eliminating the threat of invasion. "There is a subnuclear discharger somewhere within the tech plant on the outpost. It supplies power and fuel to all Pahrak technology nearby. It's also highly volatile if I can make my way into it's systems and blow it. The Pahrak has some combat executives stationed there as incentive for the operations they've been planning, and if we can kill them in the explosion, we'll stop any potential invasions for a long time. Advunturion, your task is to get us through the Pahrak defenses and more importantly, into the bunker the tech plant is set up in. Scott, I'm going to need you to provide covering fire while Advunturion cracks open the bunker. I'll do what I can to cause the discharger to combust, but it's going to take a little while. Stick together, you all. Good luck."

Advunturion gave a small bow as he gazed toward the tech plant. Cracking open a heavily guarded would not be easy, and as a heavy machine, he probably couldn't sneak around. Then again, he did not have to worry about such a thing when armed with a long range railgun. He turned himself to Nyx once more. "Where can we find the most activity of Pahrak patrols?" Advunturion asked, he felt that it would be best that he knew, so that he and Scott had an idea how well defended the bunker was. After his last question was answered, he would be ready to begin his mission.

Scott nodded and gave a slight salute "I will do my best sir" he said putting down his hand and followed Nyx and trailed behind Advunturion "say how did Advunturion come to be here anyways, I don't remember any androids being commissioned" he took his assault rifle and checked it for ammo real quick and making sure it would not jam early on

As the gunship closed in on the outpost, Nyx looked at Advunturion and Scott. "Patrols will be moving in from the east. If we move fast to the entrance of the tech plant we can avoid them entirely and buy ourselves more time. Scott, as to your question. Advunturion is a Naekhoric, one of the last of his race as far as I know."

Nyx loaded his rifle and positioned himself in front of the blast doors of the gunship as they touched down. "Disembarking in three. Two. One. Go!" Nyx leaped off of the ship, sprinting for cover with his partners trailing close behind. The three bolted for the entrance of the tech plant, just as the gunship was shot out of the sky. "Shit.. they know we're here." muttered Nyx.

Advunturion aimed his railgun in case of any possible enemies in the perimeter, hoping to catch and kill an unsuspecting guard. "There is no doubt they will send reinforcements to this area is there?" Advunturion asked, looking towards the falling ash cloud that was once the gunship. "If they know that we are here, that will mean that we will have to use deadly force to compensate for our blown cover." He returned himself to his cover spot, making sure to pick off any enemies, if they made themselves visible.

Scott scanned around them "I can't get a visual" he crouched back down beside Nyx "so what now? if we can't complete the mission that means we're screwed" He pulled his visor in front of his face to keep him from being shot in the head immediately and readied his assault rifle to fire when needed
The Shadow (played by Raggamuffinz)

Shadow followed the interesting group... it layed low and dissipated into a black mist, swirling about in the air as it observed the three... "Xor nal mok veer....", it muttered to itself, not acting stealth at all. It kept its distance at ten yards, and the three received a minor headache from the sheer presence of the creature.

Nyx noticed a black mist in the corner of his eye and jerked his head to the side, looking towards the strange mist. He shook away the thought of what he might've seen and focused back on the door. "Advunturion, crack these doors open any way you can. There may be a weak spot nearby the mechanism on the outer corners. Scott, I need you to hold off any Pahrak infantry that attempt to make their way towards us. I'll assist, but I feel as though some other threat may be upon us now."

Nyx closed his eyes and shook his head, thinking to himself. "No, no.. it can't be. But who else could be haunting the last of a destroyed race..." Nyx's eyes snapped open and he caught a glimpse of what seemed to be a figure crouched in the shadows. He tried to ignore the countless thoughts of what he might have witnessed, and returned to the task at hand.

Advunturion nodded solemnly, slowly creeping upon the gate with his hands in the open. As he crept, he started to bash the doors relentlessly, waiting for the entrance to give way. It didn't really matter to him if there were any beings beyond the door, and even if they were, just how would the loud constant banning of a metal door sound to them? A horrid beast trying to gain entrance possibly, or even a squad trying to ram it down? Though it was not at all subtle, what Advunturion utilized was more of a fear tactic.

As he banged upon the door frame, he could only remain indifferent to this figure that had appeared before them. As a completely mechanized being, Advunturion's consciousness was not the same as most lifeforms, though this form of mind had it's own strengths and weaknesses. Advunturion could only remain apathetic, mattering not how he was surveyed.

A group of guards was running at the three, firing off rounds towards the Advunturion. The charged bullets pinged off his armor, and he barely acknowledged the hits. Nyx waited in the shadows for the Pahrak grunts to turn the corner, the fired upon them. The four attackers dropped to the dirt, each with a hole through their skull from Nyx's rounds. An alarm begin to blare, echoing across the compound. On the other side of the gate, which was beginning to come loose, Scott, Advunturion, and Nyx heard guards preparing for a breach into the power plant. More guards came running, much better equipped this time. Scott began firing, dropping several of the incoming forces. Nyx shouted over to Scott across the open path "I'm moving around to flank! Hold here, don't let any armor get too close."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Second War (Open!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus