Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Second War (Open!)

Nyx V'yinir (played by mecho)

The year is 9062.
Forty-nine years ago, a race known as the Pahrak invaded the human-inhabited planet of Earth. They seized control of half of the planet in a swift attack, dropping in soldiers from cruisers in orbit around the planet. A wall was built after the Pahrak invaded, separating humanity from the alien inhabitants. In 9032, a force of humans on the alien half of Earth managed to drive the enemy out with sheer numbers and power.

Now, almost half a century later, stolen intelligence suggests that the Pahrak are planning for another invasion of Earth. Thwarting the plans of invasion is crucial to the survival of humanity. If the enemy is not stopped, a second war will ensue.

Any and all types of characters are welcome to join in. No restrictions!
Advunturion (played by KingofHaddock)

His entire robotic body was connected to his ship's mainframe. Like suit of armour, he was completely inanimate. His mind was too busy exploring the newly found files of this solar system that he had now come across. He did not think much of it, passing by on his long, questionable journey. But Advunturion thrived off of the information of others. All ancient codenamed Naekorics were originally known by what they did, the negligence of possible adventure should be unthinkable when considered to Advunturion. Though without emotion, without motivation, he was curious enough of what was upon this newfound solar system.

A new order from it's pilot froze the entire ship. "Set course for system 53-13Sol." The direction of the ship changed, heading into Sol system, that Advunturion lingers in curiosity above. The ship passed by the planets Neptune, Uranus, as well as Saturn, until it finally landed upon the moon of Lo, which orbited Jupiter, there the ship lay quietly, as Automaton that piloted it emerged from the vessel. Clinging onto Lo's surface with his talon-like feet, he began to survey the orbit of the neighbors of Jupiter.
Nyx V'yinir (played by mecho) Topic Starter

Nyx woke up with a jerk, to the ringing of the communications device he had received from one of his clients several days prior. He slammed the button to his left, and the sleep chamber he had been resting in eased open. His bare feet touched the floor, and he groggily walked over to the metal table in his small living quarters. He picked up the device, and glared at it as he switched it on. A message from the Earth Defense Advisory was on the screen. The message read, in bold lettering; "Nyx V'yinir, you have earned quite a reputation since the Vernakkt War. Your work is heard of across the system. But we have a favor to ask of you, which the Council is prepared to graciously repay you for, provided you accept. We have a partner for you transferring to Earth as you read this message. The PDR has gathered enough intelligence to know that the Pahrak are mustering forces for another invasion of Earth. We need you, and you inbound partner, to stop this threat. Whether or not you choose to help us could very well dictate the fate of our race."

Nyx stood, contemplating for several long moments. He picked the comms device back up and slowly typed; "I accept. Where would you like to meet at?" and walked back over to his sleep chamber, and prepared for the weeks to come.
Ryan (played anonymously)

Ryan was a young private for the Earth Defense Advisory and he was looking for a solider named Nyx.

Nyx, walking through the nightclub he had chosen to meet with Ryan at, peered through the crowd, searching for the young man he was looking for. As he saw Ryan sitting outside of the crowd, his combat visor locked onto his heat signature. As Nyx approached Ryan, he began to shake slightly. "I don't like this crowd. Something seems off," he thought to himself.

He reached his hand out, and Ryan shook it. "So, tell me. Who is my partner? Or partners."

"Hey!I'm Ryan i was sent her to be mentored by you."

(sorry)"For me to be your apprentice i hear around the city that the aliens are coming back!?"

(It's alright, this will be interesting to add to the story c:) "Ah, an apprentice? I this should be interesting. And there are rumors being aroused already? Council intelligence must be getting sloppy." Nyx looks around cautiously, pulling his blade and examining it. "Something is off here," mutters Nyx quietly. He pulls his visor on and scans the crowd, in time to see someone in the crowd pulling an assault rifle out of a bag. Pulling a pistol from the inside of his coat, Nyx crouches and shouts "Everyone get down!" as the unknown begins to put fire into the crowd.

As he watched the empty planets of the solar system, Advunturion's scanners had detected a disturbance on the planet known as 'Earth.' This unique planet seemed to be the home of an intelligent lifeform. His suspicions were put to rest when he caught sight of a huge line running down across the planet. This seemed to be an interesting scenario, and Advunturion was ready to learn more. He entered back into his ship, and hooked his automaton body back into the mainframe. A new order came about the ship. "..Set course for natural satellite 'Luna...'" He wished to see Earth from a clearer perspective. What better way to see such a planet than from it's own Moon?

Ryan quickly pulls out his sniper, He pulls the trigger and hits on of the attackers right in the head then he quickly spots another sniper on a building coming from the east. The scope is pointed right at Nyx, Ryan quickly screams and says,"Look out!" At that moment Ryan pushes Nyx on to the ground.

Nyx aims his handgun at the sniper on the second floor of the nightclub and fires, dropping the assailant immediately. "You really saved my ass. You'll be easier to train than I would've expected. But we need to get the hell out of here. Separate, take the alleyway behind the club. Meet with me at my quarters in the inner city." Nyx runs off, blade in hand.

As he enters his apartment, Nyx gets a notification on his comms unit to switch on the holo-cam in his chamber. He switches it on to see a live meeting on two separate screens, one showing Advunturion and the other showing the Council. "Where is your apprentice?" Asked the head of the council. "On his way. We ran into some complications at the nightclub and were forced to separate. And who is is?" Muttered Nyx, gesturing towards Aduvunturions screen. "And why is he here?"

(I Did not see the last post.)
Noticing a disturbance from his scanners, Advunturion became aware that something was very wrong upon this planet. Being an extra-galactic being, he did have any knowledge of it's past and conflict. Though he was somewhat apathetic to such an ordeal. He now wanted to check the planet for himself, deciding that he was fake a crash landing, as a simple automaton pilot.

Advunturion was unsure of any outer atmosphere security around the planet, as he engaged his thrusters, determined to crash into the left ground of the planet. He altered his altitude, making sure that when he did crash, him and ship would not smash into pieces. Now the time was right. Advunturion deactivated himself, awaiting the crash.

(Don't sweat it.)
Advunturions screen went black suddenly. Nyx heard a roar, and looked out his reinforced glass window, to see a ship crashing through the sky towards a field just outside the city. "What sort of a situation have I gotten myself dragged into.." Thought Nyx as the craft slammed into the ground.

Advunturion and ship now lay in a smoldering hulk of ruined junk. The impact was worse than Advunturion had come expect. As he activated himself, he found his mechanical body almost completely immobilized. As Advunturion looked down, he came to realize that one of the thin pillars holding up the mainframe had torn right through the 'abdomen' of his crest-like body. He could almost feel his processor bash against the metal of pillar. He knew that it was inevitable that he would shut down very soon. Aware this, Advunturion sent out a distress signal. He then shut himself down, awaiting any that decided to answer the signal.

Nyx and the council both received a distress signal coming from the wreckage. "Nyx, get to the wreckage. Someone survived that crash." Nyx picked up his pistol and began to open the door out of his quarters. He sprinted out of his residence and ran towards to growing cloud of black smoke rising in the near distance. He climbed onto his hoverbike, and revved the engine before cruising away. As he reached the site of the crash, he saw some sort of automaton figure sprawled out in the wreckage. The wiring in the figure was torn to ribbons. He switched his comms device on and called the Council. "There's an automaton in the wreckage. Its damaged but is still showing signs of life. I need to get an extract unit here now to repair him." As we switched his comms unit off, he looked down at the damaged being. "Advunturion, eh? You've got to be pretty resilient to survive a crash of that magnitude. We're gonna get you out of here."

Advunturion was in a deep sleep, of which he could not awake from. His wiring seemingly shredded apart, and his processor unable to move. He could only wait until Nyx was able to pull him from the wreckage if he wished to regain his own form of consciousness. And even then, the wires were the equivalent of nerves to the Naekhoric. If he was to activate himself, he would not be able to move. He let himself sleep, unable to comprehend emotions such as panic and fear.

Nyx groaned, shoving away a beam of metal from the craft off of Advunturion. He had almost gotten all of the wreckage off of him. He knelled, grasping under the last hunk of scrap that was pinning down the automaton. He strained every muscle is his arms, lifting the metal as far as he could. A EDA extraction unit had finally arrived, and two soldier stepped out of a dropship and ran over to assist Nyx in removing the metal. The three lifted the scrap and dragged it away from the damaged Advunturion, They attempted to pick up the automaton, but his suit of armor was far too heavy for even all three of them together to lift. The EDA dropship picked up Advunturion in a magnetic field, and lifted him onto the ship. Nyx and the two soldiers who assisted him clambered onto the EDA craft, and sat down as they returned to the Council facility.

Released from what seemed to be his personal prison, Advunturion was able regain consciousness through reactivation. Though he was unable to move, his was fully aware his body was now stuck upon some sort of magnet. His scanners were not able to translate the language of which his saviors spoke, but in his current state, it mattered little. All he could do now was survey the event around him, unable to do anything about his exposed and noisy processor.

Nyx saw a light on Advunturion's body begin to blink. "It's alive." muttered Nyx, walking cautiously over to the broken automaton. Looking down at it's chrome visor, he asked "What are you here for?" After a few moments without a reply, he looked back at the commanding officer and said "It can't speak. The main processor is damaged. Get a technician back here, see if we can get him to speaking condition."

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Second War (Open!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus