Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collabrative OC: Build my next DnD Character!

I'm a bit of a Dungeons and Dragon's veteran, but I feel like I create very similar characters a lot. So that's where you guys come in!
    Cannot be a Cleric, Paladin, Wizard or Barbarian class.

Cannot be Dragonborn. (I've made too many of them)

Preferably female or feminine.

Let's see what you've got!
Hi Esoterica! Saw you floating around in the other D&D collab chara thread, so, thought to pitch in here.

Species. Protector Aasimar[1]
Class. Zealot Barbarian + Hexblade Warlock[2]
Alignment. Any
Background. Any
Summary. The aasimar loves the thrill of combat, so much so that she's asked her patron for more and more gifts to help her slay and stay better on the battlefield. However, the costs of these gifts aren't so apparent to her. They are, however, apparent to the medical personnel[3] who has to keep resurrecting her. Mostly since she keeps picking more and more dangerous fights.

1. Can flavor further by linking the aasimar with different celestial types instead of deva.
  2. Is the character for a campaign? If so, are there source books are you restricted to?

Asking since I typically make mid to high level builds with all published materials.
  3. The medical personnel could be another character made by you or another player. Or they can be made by the DM.
Esoterica Topic Starter

ShadowKyogre wrote:
Hi Esoterica! Saw you floating around in the other D&D collab chara thread, so, thought to pitch in here.

Species. Protector Aasimar[1]
Class. Zealot Barbarian + Hexblade Warlock[2]
Alignment. Any
Background. Any
Summary. The aasimar loves the thrill of combat, so much so that she's asked her patron for more and more gifts to help her slay and stay better on the battlefield. However, the costs of these gifts aren't so apparent to her. They are, however, apparent to the medical personnel[3] who has to keep resurrecting her. Mostly since she keeps picking more and more dangerous fights.

1. Can flavor further by linking the aasimar with different celestial types instead of deva.
  2. Is the character for a campaign? If so, are there source books are you restricted to?

Asking since I typically make mid to high level builds with all published materials.
  3. The medical personnel could be another character made by you or another player. Or they can be made by the DM.

This is a super neat idea, I love it! There isn't a specific game being planned just now, but I do have an IRL I've been playing for years and we always have someone at the table DMing something. I'm not limited on anything except Eberron and Wildemount as we don't typically use those settings. :3
Esoterica wrote:
This is a super neat idea, I love it! There isn't a specific game being planned just now, but I do have an IRL I've been playing for years and we always have someone at the table DMing something. I'm not limited on anything except Eberron and Wildemount as we don't typically use those settings. :3

Oh sweet! If I come up with more details and/or alternate character ideas for the thread, will keep you in the loop! :D
Maybe the effect could be something like, their strength in battle and their sight when they see enemies is greater, but when they're trying to do a kind deed they become confused or a little weaker?
Esoterica Topic Starter

Shinyrainbowlithogra wrote:
Maybe the effect could be something like, their strength in battle and their sight when they see enemies is greater, but when they're trying to do a kind deed they become confused or a little weaker?

That sounds quite interesting! Like a bane and boon type deal. I definitely agree there should be a determent for their power.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collabrative OC: Build my next DnD Character!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus