Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: dark sci-fi

Hi, so I'm kind of nervous about posting this here but here I go anyway. (Also the title is kind of lackluster, but ehh-)
I want to make a character that:
-exists in a sci-fi setting
-is a human teenager
-has some sort of dark themes in the backstory/lore (how dark? that's up to you)
Yeah, that's it... Go wild!
(Don't be nervous! This is a fun prompt)
Note to Mods wrote:
I would like to be exempt from the raffle for more RPR character slots, I'm just joining in for fun
Our hero was born into a bustling city of flashing lights and flying cars. With one parent out of the picture, their remaining guardian manages to keep them scraping by working as a spaceship dockhand / alien pest control / [Some Absurd "it ain't much but it pays the bills" Sci-Fi Job]. Our hero decides it's time to start pulling their own weight and begins to seek employment. After submitting their information on an employment databse, they are approached by a seedy government representative who explains they're trying to find a cure for a disease that's devastating the galaxy, and while they have plenty of adult test subjects volunteers, they need more consenting teenagers. Our Hero is sworn to secrecy and agrees to participate. At first all is well, they are experiencing extremely mild symptoms while reaping a handsome check, telling their parent they work at a Totally Reputable Place, afraid that if they knew the truth they would make them quit. However, completely unexpected symptoms start cropping up (maybe telepathy, or the ability to grow tentacles, something bonkers). Our hero is mortified and tries to quit the program, but because their results have been the most fascinating so far, they are all too suddenly being kept against their will. Things take a turn for the chaotic when a group of rebellious activists raid the lab, incidentally rescuing Our Hero in the process, who decides to join them out of outrage for their treatment + the desire to learn more about what the heck is happening to them.
Ultimate.Gaymer Topic Starter

Libertine wrote:
(Don't be nervous! This is a fun prompt)
Note to Mods wrote:
I would like to be exempt from the raffle for more RPR character slots, I'm just joining in for fun
Our hero was born into a bustling city of flashing lights and flying cars. With one parent out of the picture, their remaining guardian manages to keep them scraping by working as a spaceship dockhand / alien pest control / [Some Absurd "it ain't much but it pays the bills" Sci-Fi Job]. Our hero decides it's time to start pulling their own weight and begins to seek employment. After submitting their information on an employment databse, they are approached by a seedy government representative who explains they're trying to find a cure for a disease that's devastating the galaxy, and while they have plenty of adult test subjects volunteers, they need more consenting teenagers. Our Hero is sworn to secrecy and agrees to participate. At first all is well, they are experiencing extremely mild symptoms while reaping a handsome check, telling their parent they work at a Totally Reputable Place, afraid that if they knew the truth they would make them quit. However, completely unexpected symptoms start cropping up (maybe telepathy, or the ability to grow tentacles, something bonkers). Our hero is mortified and tries to quit the program, but because their results have been the most fascinating so far, they are all too suddenly being kept against their will. Things take a turn for the chaotic when a group of rebellious activists raid the lab, incidentally rescuing Our Hero in the process, who decides to join them out of outrage for their treatment + the desire to learn more about what the heck is happening to them.
This is a cool idea! I've even got some thoughts on how I can expand on it... I'd still love it if anyone else has suggestions too, though! Having varying input is fun.
Appearance Ideas:

5'5" tall, light green eyes, bright unaturally red hair. Perhaps they tend to wear very tall platform boots because they want to be taller, and the boots can play music.

Dark theme:

Had a twin sibling that died, they think they were just in a hover car accident, but actually they were murdered for knowing information the government didn't want them to know. Your OC doesn't know that the journal they have of their siblings contains this information.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Collaborative OC: dark sci-fi

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus