Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » When you have a muse, yet no plot ideas.

MasterWinter

Hello all, Winter here.

So. I have this issue, that is probably common with others.

When my mind cooperates with me, I can create muses without issue. I'm even currently working on a small-ish project of a muse off and on. And I am hoping that when, in time since I'm not rushing, I'm finished I can put my project up on RPR.

The problem then becomes: I have no freaking idea what to suggest for plot if I were to post a LFRP topic.

I think that's one of the reasons, key word(s): one reason, I get discouraged of putting up muses. Because I just want to put them up, and hope to find rp for them, yet without plot to offer I know it would be pointless.

Question: You DO know that you CAN search other people's LFRP topics, to see if your muse could fit into an rp, right Winter?

Answer: Yes. Yes I'm very much well aware of that...thanks for the reminder...

But not all the time do I wish to try to sort through the LFRP topics, to see if my muse would fit into an rp.

And yes you may call me lazy for that if you want, I won't be mad.

Seriously though. When you have a muse, and all is going well, but you don't really have a plot(s) to give in a LFRP topic, what do you do?

Some muses I can create and come up with some kind of plot or two to suggest, and I also let people either add onto my thoughts/suggestions, or they can give me their own. But when I don't even have one thought for a start...I just don't seem to come up with anything.

Question: Well Winter, would you mind telling us about this muse project in question of yours, so that maybe we can give suggestions?

Answer: I'd love to, but...in the words of my friend who rp's Bayonetta with me: SPOILERS!

I'm mainly meaning in general I'd like advice on how one can come up with a plot, or plots, so to have something to give to people when seeking out rp, when they don't have any real idea of plots for a muse they just like me go: -creates muse and puts on RPR- Ta-DA!

I hope I made sense, if not I'm sorry. -yanks blanket over head to hide-

Thanks to those who took time to at least read this!
This is one of my go-to sources when I'm floundering aimlessly for plot ideas:

https://rolltop-indigo.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-big-list-of-rpg-plots.html
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Juls wrote:
This is one of my go-to sources when I'm floundering aimlessly for plot ideas:

https://rolltop-indigo.blogspot.com/2018/10/the-big-list-of-rpg-plots.html

Ah! Thank you, Juls, so very much! That would be perfect to bookmark and go through!

I've taken a quick look already, and I will indeed look to this for help. Very much appreciated!

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » When you have a muse, yet no plot ideas.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus