Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Very Silly (and cute) Fantasy Adventure (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Kt-tk Tktchi'chkt (played by Riik)

IMIy0vx.png

They say existence is split into Heaven, Hell and Earth. But that is not strictly true. Rather, it is Law, Chaos and Balance that sit in parallel. For millennia, the world of Balance has been sat separated from the other two. Meanwhile, Law and Chaos have been connected, yet rarely travelled between due to a tenuous treaty.

Your character accidentally stumbles upon the portal between the world of Balance and the world of Law. It is crossing through this portal that breaks the peace between worlds. Believing your character a prelude to invasion, the forces of Law chase your character into the world of Chaos, their conquering armies not far behind.

Now your character finds themselves in a land of few rules and many unusual creatures. Will they bring law to this unruly place or fight back against order to return the worlds to their rightful place? After all, a prophecy states that a traveller of Balance will arrive when catastrophe strikes; and only they may bring it to an end, one way or another.

READ FIRST:

Players aged 16+ are required. This is a personal preference due to the age gap there would otherwise be.

This is a multi-paragraph RP. If you feel you can't maintain a pace of about 2 paragraphs average per post, this might not be for you. Also, expect long posts from me early on - don't feel obligated to keep up with them and don't expect them to persist throughout; it'd be mostly due to me setting the scene.

A visitor doth come when catastrophe dawns.
A creature of balance pursued by Law's pawns.
In face of their fate, a choice must be made.
A decision of four in their mind must be weighed.

To drive off invaders of law-hardened fist?
Aid order's war to bring law to our midst?
Wait out the clock until doom comes about?
Or take for their own what the worlds both seek out?

Friend or foe is not known, though one thing is true...
The stranger is destined a fateful debut.
Fear their coming as omen if wisdom is yours...
But the stranger's intentions hide beyond time's doors.

--- The prophecy of the Knight of Balance

Find Kt-tk a bit too creepy? I can substitute in Pela (scaled up to Kt-tk size) as an alternative. Please let me know about this preference if that is the case, because otherwise I'll just assume you're fine with Kt-tk.

So... here's an idea that is heavily Deltarune-inspired. By which I mean it's a silly, colourful fantasy with dark themes and secrets masked by a thick layer of comedy. Expect outlandish personalities and creatures. Witness my attempts to at least try to be funny. And yes, you can even avoid fights by showing mercy in ridiculous ways to your foes.

The plot is open ended toward four general outcomes. Will you choose to save the world of Chaos from the invaders of Law? Will you side with Law and bring order to the Trinity of Worlds? Will you run out the clock and let the forces of Law and Chaos grind each other into oblivion? Or will you find a way to take power for yourself and become ruler of the Trinity?

Regardless, I'll be playing my character Kt-tk. They're not technically male, but... I feel comfortable calling them a fluffy boy. Because every cute adventure needs a fluffy boy, right? With regard to the species-related speech impediment, it will be present at the start, but... stuff will happen at some point that will allow your character to understand their native language, so you won't have to put up with trying to decipher broken speech for too long. Plus they won't talk at all at the very beginning for reasons that will be clear during the RP.

What kind of character am I looking for? Well, ideally someone who would fit as a main character in a setting like Undertale or Deltarune. I won't put out an age limit on this, but... ideally, someone who can go with the weirdness of the world of Chaos, maybe even adding in their own style of weirdness to the whole ordeal. And no, that doesn't mean I'm looking for characters like the Joker or other insane unhinged maniacs. Weird and quirky is preferred. Or cute and gentle. That can work too. If your character of choice is an adult, it'd probably suit them best to be a child at heart to easily adapt to the sheer weirdness of stepping through a portal from a normal Earth-like world and into... well... a place that at least attempts to capture the charm of Deltarune whilst also being its own thing and having its own jokes.

Sample Text / Prologue
The three-legged creature made its way through Tornado Town to the sound of the jingling of bells. It was their robe that produced the sound, the various silver objects attached to it wobbling with each step. Occasionally, something behind the bandana that covered their face shifted as though suggesting a mouth configuration that was not quite the most common of those that existed on the creatures of Chaos.

That wasn't to say the creature stood out in any particular way. No... Kt-tk was one of many types of weird and wondrous creature that inhabited this world. The other townsfolk were entirely unfazed by their unique but also altogether normal appearance. Amongst monsters, demons and what could only be described as sentient geometric shapes (as well as plenty of other sorts of creatures), they fit right in. The matter of the bandana was, quite frankly, vanity. Kt-tk did not hate their mouth; they just found it to be a detraction from their fluffy smolness.

Kt-tk paused in the centre of town at the landmark that gave it it's name. Sat within what looked like a fountain basin was an unusually small tornado. It was probably ten feet in height and about three feet in diameter at its centremost point. And it just stood there, spinning away as tornados were wont to do, just a freak force of nature. The very sight of its seemingly sourceless energy filled Kt-tk with determination. Which also produced an odd sensation in the pit of their stomach. Like somehow, having this reaction to such an awe-inspiring sight was somehow infringing on another person's shtick. Weird.

Kt-tk shrugged to themselves and moved on. At least the presence of the tornado indeed signified that this was the correct Tornado Town. The Tornado Town the tribe elder had told them to seek out. According to the elder, the lost verse of the prophecy spoke of a stranger from the world of balance appearing somewhere near this place at somewhere near this time. An individual capable of protecting the world of Chaos from a threat that half of the population did not believe would come and the other half were unaware that its arrival would be soon. But Kt-tk knew.

"DoOoOoOoOo yOu HaVe A bElL pErMiT~?" A loud voice suddenly spoke up from the vicinity. The tone was the embodiment of raw silliness.

Kt-tk turned their head slightly. Their omnifocused vision caught sight of an approaching individual from the corner of the majority of their eight eyes. Cartwheeling toward them at a tremendous pace was a small man whose skin was made of felt. In place of hair, his head split off like a jester's hat, bells hanging from each tip, said formations a rainbow of colours. He wore an appropriately jester-like outfit that had more bells on it than Kt-tk's robes, and his feet curled upward at the tips where toes were expected. A wide, toothy mouth sat beneath black beady eyes that not unlike Kt-tk's seemed incapable of closing.

"I aM tHe MaYoR oF tHiS tOwN, aNd I dEcReE tHaT nOnE sHaLl WeAr UpOn ThEmSeLvEs A sInGlE bElL wItHoUt FiRsT PaYiNg FoR a PeRmIt," the jester-man declared, stopping in front of Kt-tk and standing at a height that was actually only about an inch smaller than them.

Kt-tk shifted their weight between legs nervously. They did not have a bell permit. But they simply could not surrender their bells. Being fluffy was one thing, but being jingly was an equal part of their image, and most certainly they could not have that taken away. There was only one thing for it...

Kt-tk wasn't a hugely intimidating being, though their arms were certainly scarily big, particularly as they thickened into such huge hands. But the more spidery aspects of their physiology certainly filled plenty of people with hesitation. Perhaps this jester-mayor, with his seemingly vane monopolisation of the wearing of bells within this town, was as shallow in whatever threats he intended to back up these insane laws as Kt-tk would expect. Thus, slowly, Kt-tk reached behind their head and loosened their bandana, letting it fall down their neck to reveal their mouth.

"Do YoU kIsS yOuR mOtHeR wItH tHaT mOuTh!?" The mayor exclaimed. But he remained undeterred. "CaN yOu KiSs YoUr MoThEr WiTh ThAt MoUtH!?"

Well that had backfired. As jesters were wont to do, the mayor had fallen back on quite demeaning jokery, and Kt-tk would not let it stand. Not if it put their bells at risk! They panicked. They pushed a hand forward. And suddenly a thick, powerful stream of silk blasted forth from an orifice on their palm. The silk collided with the jester's face and sent him flying backward into the wall of a nearby building. The silk spread out around his face until it fixed him to the brickwork. With muffled sounds, the mayor attempted to tear away the webbing that had ensnared him; but it created more than enough time for Kt-tk to scurry away, affixing the bandana back into its original position. They would just have to wait for the so-called Knight of Balance to make their appearance outside of town. Where they would be free to jingle their bells all they liked - and be spared whatever legal retaliations the mayor had to offer for such a thoughtless act of violence.

(I am aware of the typo in the title image. I can't be bothered remaking it, so it'll have to stay.)
Magic 90%
Magic is very common. Magic-tech, grand floating islands, forests that sing, magical creatures may be an every-day occurrence.
Technology 60%
Near future, perhaps cloning and genetic manipulation
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 00%
No romance at all will be included in this plot, period.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

Kt-tk Tktchi'chkt (played by Riik) Topic Starter

Added a sample prologue to the post as an example of the kind of silliness one should expect.
Pela (played by Riik) Topic Starter

Added an alternative character in case anyone's put off by the idea of a fluffy three-legged spider-kitty. That is, if a four-armed space bunny is any better. >.>
Cream (played by TabbyTabbySlime)

Question, Is this open or anyone on right now?

Yes, this is still open, but given how bare-bones your profile is (and also the profile for your character), I do need a confirmation from you that you can keep up with the length requirements (Not everyone reads the big 'read first' section so I have to make sure).
I wish to participate in this, I was actually crafting a world of my own based on deltarune but I'm having a hard time doing so.

Do you have any character information at hand anywhere? I generally need to know if a prospective character will fit before I make a decision on RPing (with the exception of those who choose to build a character specifically for an RP scenario, of course).

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Very Silly (and cute) Fantasy Adventure (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus