Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick-or-Treat: Goron Ramsay

Ramsay (played by Ilmarinen) Topic Starter

Pela wrote:
Pela stared at the cauldron. It wasn't an unfamiliar sight. She had worked with cauldrons before. Certainly never to make anything that smelt so sweet before, though. Her lower hands took control of the broomstick, holding it close to her torso as if it would somehow protect her from... apparently, her anxiety. Thankfully, Pela's social anxiety was certainly not as bad as it could have been. She powered through it and tottered over to the side of the cauldron, looking up at the scene before her.

"Caramel apple...?" She asked. "Is that what you're making...? Caramel...?" She let go of the broomstick with one hand to flip it behind her and grabbed it again pushing her weight down onto it with her back as though the feeling of the tension in the shaft of the cleaning utensil was comforting. Or more accurately, it helped her force out her own tension through it. She wasn't quite strong enough that the action would risk snapping it, which was good. "I... I like caramel..." She shuffled from side-to-side for a moment, then apparently having funnelled off as much anxious tension as she could, relaxed the broom and returned it to a one-handed grip. "A-and apples..." Her gaze lowered to face directly forward, her view now entirely blocked by the cauldron. "And peanuts..." she added. "O-oh and... yes... m-my costume is that of a witch. I-I suppose I do certain witchy things from time to time... I-I'm not a blupee though!"

The big goron smiled at the nervousness displayed by this little blue critter, hoping to alleviate some of her fear. He knew he was a big, loud, boisterous fellow, and some children tended to be scared of him. Whether or not that was the case here, he still tried to make himself come across as a little less threatening. "Caramel's real good, innit?" Ramsay asked, in a soft-ish voice. He picked up one of the apples and dunked it in the cauldron. With a deft twist he covered it in a thick layer of caramel, then raised it into the air to briefly cool, before lowering it into the tray of peanut pieces. He rolled it until every inch of apple was covered in crunchy bits. "Here, just gotta let it cool for a moment ..." The goron guided the apple through the chilly air for a few seconds, like a child playing with a toy airplane, before he handed it down to Pela. "There y'are!"
Caraway wrote:
Caraway walked quietly through the village that was bustling with activity, curiously observing, but not partaking in the festivities. They had only arrived here very recently (through magical means... not that they even remembered.) The child had picked up on the fact that this place seemed to be celebrating Halloween, but they hadn't come prepared with a costume, and thought this meant they probably couldn't go around Trick-or-Treating. Still, they had been drawn to the smell of caramel nonetheless.
As they approached, they heard a booming voice, as well as other- quieter- voices. Curious, the child drew closer still, observing as apples were dipped into the pot and then other toppings... Caraway had never eaten a caramel apple before, or even seen one, but the smell was delicious. They wondered if they might be able to get one, but still feared it would be rude to ask for treats when they weren't dressed up. Indecisive, the child simply stepped into eyeshot, to see if their presence would be noticed. They noted that one of the beings nearby seemed familiar, but were unable to pinpoint the reason.

After handing the apple down to Pela, Ramsay took notice of another child who sidled into view. "Hello there!" he boomed, forgetting that he was trying to be a little more sedate so as not to frighten anxious Pela. If he had noticed Caraway's lack of costume, he didn't seem to care. "C'mon over, kiddo!"
Pela (played by Riik)

Pela reached up with her upper arms to gently pluck the stick of the apple from Ramsay, a lower arm diverting to hover beside it as though the fruit itself was the head of a small baby that might need catching at any moment. When the treat was securely in their own care, Pela found a more secure grip around the stick that removed the requirement for any further safe-keeping, and lowered into an elegant bow, being ever so careful not to accidentality rub it against either her fur or robe in the process, very much not wanting to get the sticky coating stuck on her person.

"Th-thank you so much!" She timidly said in delight. "I-I am sure I will enjoy this! You are so kind!" she bowed again and started slowly ambling off in the manner one typically took when unsure whether goodbyes had informally been made. As though to appear she was making space for the next visitor, but also inwardly considering continuing on if no further dialogue was to occur. One of the typical hallmark calling cards of a socially anxious entity.
Caraway (played anonymously)

Caraway was a bit hesitant, but stepped closer as the Goron called out to them. They offered a small smile and a sheepish wave in greeting.
The child was wary of strangers, but this one seemed friendly and kind, so they opted to give him a chance. And although they still weren't sure if asking for a treat would be okay, they decided to give that a chance, too. It stood to reason that since the Goron had called them over in the first place, they wouldn't be immediately turned away afterwards, so Caraway thought it was probably okay to ask. They pointed to the array of caramel apple components, and shyly made the sign for 'please'. They hoped the gesture would be understood, as verbally asking was something the child didn't feel able to do.

Ramsay shared none of Pela's hesitation or anxiousness. "You're very welcome, brother!" he said in a loud, jovial voice. "Happy Hallows, I know you'll love it!" As the blue-furred creature began to depart, he waved a massive hand in farewell, before turning his attention to Caraway.

"Hi there!" he said with the same level of enthusiasm as before. "Oh? Do you want one?" The goron chuckled and picked up another apple from the dwindling pile, then dipped it. Gobs of excess molten caramel poured off of it as he rotated it above the cauldron. "Okay! Now, you got a choice to make!" He tapped a big finger next to the trays of toppings. "You can give it the old razzle dazzle with some pretzels or toffee or chocolate chips! Or, if you're a purist, you can leave it plain. It's up to you! You choose your own destiny, brother!"

Watching with wonder as the apple was dipped and the gooey caramel cooled in the autumn air, Caraway couldn't help but express their joy. They squeezed their hands together and wiggled in place. Although the child usually maintained a stoic demeanor, they allowed themself this, at least. Their eyes shone and they smiled wide, pointing eagerly to the chocolate chips. They repeated the sign for 'please' once again, just to be sure they were being adequately polite.
Pela (played by Riik)

Pela offered another small "thank you," then picked up speed to scurry off, likely seeking out some privacy from where to eat the treat that was offered to her. She wasn't too keen on being watched whilst trying to figure out how to eat the freshly caramel-covered apple without overly making a mess of her fur.

Caraway wrote:
Watching with wonder as the apple was dipped and the gooey caramel cooled in the autumn air, Caraway couldn't help but express their joy. They squeezed their hands together and wiggled in place. Although the child usually maintained a stoic demeanor, they allowed themself this, at least. Their eyes shone and they smiled wide, pointing eagerly to the chocolate chips. They repeated the sign for 'please' once again, just to be sure they were being adequately polite.

"Chocolate, eh?" The goron thoughtfully tugged on his beard. "Yeah, that's always a good choice. It's Hallows Evening--go sweet or go home, right?" He pressed the apple into the tray of chips and rolled it until every last inch was covered in chocolatey morsels. Some even stuck to the caramel dribbles on the stick. "Alrighty! You look pretty excited for it, yeah? Here you are!" Ramsay held the apple down to Caraway, a big grin spread out from ear to ear.

Nodding enthusiastically, the child carefully took hold of the stick. They held their newly-obtained treat as if it were their most valued possession (it was), and beamed up at Ramsay. With their free hand, they signed 'thank you', repeating it a couple of times to show their enthusiasm and sincerity.
Then, they reached into their pocket and pulled out a fist-sized rock. It was smooth and vaguely spherical, and mottled with colours of black and deep grays. Caraway held it out to Ramsay; it was meant as a thank you gift. Perhaps a slightly unusual way to show one's appreciation, but they wanted to thank the kind chef somehow and giving him their biggest and prettiest rock was the best way the child could think of to do it.

Ramsay didn't totally understand the signs that Caraway made at him, but he did interpret them as grateful. The kid was smiling a lot, they had to be happy, right? He didn't expect to be presented with a gift in turn. "Oh!" he exclaimed, holding out his hand to accept the rock, which looked as small as a pebble in his hand. Goron instinct took over then, as he promptly popped the rock into his mouth. A treat for a treat--it made sense to him! He chewed thoughtfully, then swallowed, and smacked his lips with great relish. "Mmm! Excellent mouthfeel--some variety in the texture! I'm getting igneous notes, a touch of flint ... and is that a hint of quartz I'm picking up on? Mmm, delicious! An excellent find! You have my thanks, little brother!"

Well, Caraway hadn't exactly expected Ramsay to eat the rock. It didn't upset them, though; they could tell he was happy with the gift, and it made them happy too. So they just grinned, yet another beaming smile. The expression was almost permanent at this point, at least throughout this interaction.
Still grinning from ear to ear, Caraway gave a brief thumbs-up, then turned to walk away. The child waved back at Ramsay, then quickened their pace (not to leave in a hurry, but to fight off the chill that grew as they distanced themself from the fire.) They decided that this had been a very good Halloween. They had met someone kind, gotten a treat, and seen a guy casually eat a rock. Really, what could be better?

"Farewell, little brother!" called the goron as Caraway hustled away from the fire. The night was growing deeper and chillier, and the level of caramel in his cauldron was dwindling. He stuck his finger in and brought it to his mouth with a smack of his lips. "Hmm, not enough to pack up ... well, only one solution." Ramsay only had a couple apples left. He dropped them into the cauldron, then picked up the whole thing to pour down his gullet. A delicious end to a delicious day!

((Fin!))

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Trick-or-Treat: Goron Ramsay

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus