Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Kys'Jarok & Xá'Taren (Closed)

Kys'Jarok (played by Riik) Topic Starter

If Kys had a brow to raise, they would indeed have raised it. They did not, thus it was their upper lip that lifted slightly, partly showing off teeth that though were probably unimpressive to an ork, would certainly give humans pause. The gesture lasted only a moment, as Kys knew it could be taken the wrong way by sighted individuals. But even blind folk had involuntary displays of emotion. Even those as disciplined as Kys.

"I will admit I enjoy a good spar," Kys said. "But a serious fight... isn't to my taste, but I'm no less capable because of that. I probably can't take all of you on. And I have no idea how well I'd fair one-on-one against you. But the fact remains that I'd fight to protect my partner, regardless of the odds. I just figured it would be wise to put all my cards on the table, as the saying goes. Still I am glad you have no intention of testing my resolve today."

Xá meanwhile sit in waiting upon his 'throne', right in the centre of the cave-decorated cargo hold of the Avant-garde, which was immediately accessible through the boarding ramp, what with both of the ship's internal airlock doors locked open. Surrounding him on practically every shelf and crate were plushies of various shapes and size. Most of them sea related, but all of them spooky to some degree. Included in the mix were toys that were more typical of Halloween depictions - pumpkins, witches, ghosts... a lot of money had clearly gone into obtaining this collection - which was being given away for free. Even those that escaped distribution this night would find their way to the hands of charities, and from there, probably to needy children. In a way, Xá purposefully overstocked. And had a few extra crates locked away in the computer core room just in case.

As the first ork passed through the airlock door, the charismatic captain's amber eyes fixed upon them, and a large grin crossed his face. "Arrr!" He greeted. "So ye be here on the search of plunder and riches? Well best ye first know of the curse of this very cave! For those who take more than one treasure from this chamber will face the curse of the dread pirate who first discovered this haul many years ago!" Xá lifted a plastic rapier from where he had lazily rested it against the side of the chair and pointed the blade toward a faux skeleton that was draped over one of the crates, an old rum bottle in one hand and a duck-looking sock puppet covering the other. "Captain Bobby Bobbington's spirit still haunts this very place!"
Gorgutz (played anonymously)

A fanged grin spread through the giant Ork's lips to mimic Kys' expression, visible even behind the metal jaw plate that he wore which made him look oddly mechanized. "Thatz more loik it. Meebe we can have us a roit propa' krumpin sometime. I getz tha feelin' you'll end up enjoying it more than ya fink." Chuckled the Ork as he began walking past Kys, his Boyz in tow behind him. "Gorgutz and 'is Boyz -always- give tha best fightz! HAR HAR HAR!"

The band of Orkz marched up the ship with the giant Warboss in the lead. He grinned again as he saw Xa and was quite delighted with the show he was putting on. It matched the atmosphere of a sunken ship perfectly, and oh! It just so happened that Gorgutz was wearing a pirate hat as well, so technically this was a meeting between two pirate captains. How convenient!

"AHOY THAR MATIE!" Gorgutz raised his mechanized Klaw as he approached a-stomping as he stepped forward, putting on an act that he was a pirate as well for some.. strange reason. "Me and me hearty sea dogz 'ere be coming fer yer most graciouz booty olright! But we'll get a propa' haul. Tha bootyz gotta be spread evenly amongzt us scourge of tha sea space! HAR HAR HAR!"

Gorgutz took a -far- less pleasant tone with his Boyz, and stared at them rather angrily. "Alright! Listen up ya gitz! Only one toy per Boy! If I seez any of youze grabbin' more than yer supposed to I'll makez ya walk tha' plank! Gotz it!!?"

There were some grumbling complaints among the Orkz but they started moving around the place with each Ork grabbing the plushie each thought was the best. Some of them even immediately putting them to fight the plushie of another Ork.
Xa'Taren (played by Riik) Topic Starter

Xá had seen all sorts of species during his travels. But he was not quite prepared with the scene unfolding before him. Still, he was pleased that the rules were being followed. He really didn't want to turn his cargo hold into the venue of a shootout. Again.

"There be plenty to go around," Xá stated. "'Tis the pirate code to make sure ye crew gets a fair share o' the spoils. I be extending that principle to all the other crews who be visiting this cave. 'Tis what any pirate captain with more'n he needs should do." It was perhaps an unusually honourable viewpoint for a 'pirate'; but then not every pirate plundered for their own wealth. Some did so on principle or out of a sense of liberty from oppression. Or maybe Xá's ability to get into character had its limits.

Still, he certainly had enough skill to remain sat casually on his throne. As much as he might have wanted to get up and watch more closely that everyone was following the rules. Though every ounce of his body itched because of it. He wasn't as disciplined as Kys; and he was biologically encoded to be very honest. Still, he hadn't lived to be over two-hundred years old by giving into his instincts at inopportune moments.
Gorgutz (played anonymously)

"HAH! Yarrr.. a propa boss makes sure that tha ladz get all their share!" Agreed Gorgutz. Orkz were quite a varied race and not all of them where as brutally savage and bloodthirsty as people made them out to be. Sure, some really were nothing but roaming bands of warmongers, but some others like Gorgutz and his crew had deeper personalities. If his Boyz were here it was because they had earned themselves some candy and toys, they may not look it but these were Gorgutz' top warriors and he was essentially taking them out to reward them for their prowess in battle.

"Alright Boyz! Ya got wot ya came fer!?" Called the giant of an Ork and it was followed by hearty cry from the Orkz following him.

"WAAAAAAAAAAGGH!!!" It appeared every Ork had gotten a toy and they all raised theirs to show off what they picked.

"Fankz fer sharing yer booty, Cap'n! HAR HAR!" Said Gorgutz to Xá. With his Boyz now content the giant Ork went to lead them out of the ship before they really got out of control and started fighting each other and everything they could. Gorgutz was a good Warboss but no one truly could control an Ork for long.
Xa'Taren (played by Riik) Topic Starter

It was quite a relief for Xá for everything to go smoothly. He gave the warboss a casual salute and let out a sigh as the pent up worry dissipated. Kys, meanwhile, gave Gorgutz a wave on his way out.

A few moments later, a voice on the intercom warned that the trick-or-treat event was coming to an end. And about fifteen minutes after that, a second announcement announced the event's closure. On cue, all of the docking berth airlocks closed themselves. After all, under normal operation the default state was closed for safety purposes. For the hosts, the tedious job of tidying up was now fast approaching at hand. Still... it was a successful and generally quite orderly night. And Xá and Kys were quite pleased with the results of their contribution.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Trick or Treat: Kys'Jarok & Xá'Taren (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus