Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Music Box (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Horror, Comedy
TW: Gore, language, fear, dark themes

((This is a story of mine. Therefore, please do not take any of these ideas as your own as I am planning on turning this idea into a novel. Thank you :)))
curvy-narrow-muddy-road-dark-forest-surrounded-by-greenery-little-light-coming-from-scaled.jpg
Outside the bustling city of Regandale is a forest called Rumah Badut that spans 15 miles long. Usually this place is used for camping and hiking trips. It is rare for anything weird to happen, as there is much security patrolling the forest after...a questionable event about 6 years ago - but we do not speak of that. There is little to no signal in Rumah Badut and no one ever really tries to tune into any radio station anyway. It's not like they'll hear anything but static, right?

A foreign man is driving down a dark, muddy road at night. It's raining. He can't see too far ahead of him, but he knows that there is a city nearby. Maybe 5 or so miles away? His phone died about 10 minutes ago, so all he could hope for was a sign of life... maybe some lights from the city? Or a security tower? He didn't ever mean to start driving through this forest. But there was a road, so he took it. He came from an unpleasant place and all he wished to do was get away from there.

The road through the Rumah Badut wasn't very kind. It was hard to drive through all the rocks and the mud, and to dodge the occasional fallen tree. And even through the dark depths and the rain, the man's bight headlights didn't show him too much in the distance - so he drove slow so as to not hit anything that may cross the path. The man considered himself fearless... but maybe he was just stoic to fear. He seemed calm at the wheel and unfazed by the storm in the forest. Even if there were hundreds of people telling him he ought to never drive in this place in such weather, he wouldn't listen. He was maybe a bit arrogant for his own good, but he hoped he appeared brave, not idiotic. And even if he did the latter, it wouldn't matter. He was never going to go back from where he came.

Though, suddenly, interrupting any thought he had, the radio went static-y. Just a second ago there had been a night talk show playing on the only station that was even slightly available in the forest. He went to turn it off, but within the sound of the static, a clicking noise could be heard... like a little toy music box being wound up...

13 days later, the man was found dead, 4 miles away from his car he had been driving in. There was no sign of a crash, a break in, or anything. His car had been parked carefully between two trees and he was found motionless by a stream. There was only some blood and it was all his, and all on his own hands... and where was the blood coming from? His ears, which appeared to be ripped off of his own head.

I will be playing multiple characters, but my main will be a CSI investigator named Elias Hanson. Y/C is of your choosing. I have no one specific that they should be. Choose who you like. Romance is possible, but ask first! PM me or reply to this post if interested.
Magic 10%
On very, very, rare occasions there may be unexplained, POSSIBLY supernatural events. Minor "environmental" magic. Perhaps implies the existence of a deity or supernatural entity. Or perhaps it's just tricks?
Technology 50%
Modern
Combat 60%
Combat is woven into the storyline and could come to the forefront if the characters seek it out.
Romance 30%
Some romance is possible, but the overall plot is more important.

Details: Freeform, paragraphs required, long-term RP partner preferred. Will be played one-on-one.

*BREAKS IN*

SH!T IS THIS STILL ACTIVE?! I got only one character for this one but i'm giving it a shot!!
Here! Take her!

https://www.rprepository.com/c/krov

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Music Box (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus