Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Sailing Amongst Stars (CLOSED)

Clove (played by PANGAEA)

Morning had come quickly for Iveth who had just came in the day prior from her home planet after visiting family, or what she had left of it. It would be her third voyage through the expanses of space and she'd never felt more ready.

She hoisted herself up from the bed, ruffling her disheveled curls with her fingers before swinging her legs over the edge to rest her feet on the ground. Her eyes shifted to the clock on the bed stand reading: 7:12 am. Panic erupted in her system, her body springing to life as she slipped on her attire all the while attempting to brush her teeth. Hastily, she rinsed her mouth and shoved the toothbrush into her luggage then scanned over the room in case she missed anything.

Sadly, she couldn't hear the farewell from those who were at the front desk of the inn over the profanities she sceamed in her mind. It took much shoving and swerving to finally have the ship in view with all of it's glory. By far the most gorgeous ship Iveth would ever have the privilege to step foot on..
Xiara (played by KingofHaddock)

Emptiness engulfed the asteroid of Kualis 312. Within the compression chamber of the still object, lay a quiet hideout. It was not like a common spaceport. It's outer appearance was more like a small castle. Within this place, were three beings. The three were ominously quiet, two of them watching, as a seemingly robed figure looked through a database of pictures.

Emotions boiled within Xiara, as he looked through the pages. Even with his severed mouth, it was obvious that he was enraged. Speechless, but enraged still. His sworn brothers looked at him. Both were speechless also, though more like scolded dogs. They were speechless for the sake of the Caretaker, words would only worsen his anger. All three took a deep breath, as Xiara looked into eyes of both his sworn brothers.

He held his hand within the air, along with the database, which carried the images of their fallen brothers. As well as a news article, stating that they were executed.

"What damned mockery is this!?" Xiara shouted across to them. Though they were only centimeters away, his uncompressed anger demanded he make them feel his sorrow.

"Why have you not acted upon this? The apathy of both of you has cost us the lives of our brothers! Your brothers! How do you both stand before me without emotion!? Do you not care for the lives that you have condemned!?

"Brother Xiara!" One of the two spoke. "Oris and Dolhin had already gained the attention of the crimelords! If we did not escape, our lives would also have been forfeit!"

"And you did not contact anyone during the mission? Did you not contact any of our order? Why did the four of your team, let alone you two, not call upon the outer colonial order!? You were simply supposed to navigate around the cities and look for any possibly uncertainties. Not interact with any questionable beings. The four of you were plain-clothed! Within the first act, you failed me. You failed the order."

Xiara's voice was woeful. As a caretaker, it was his duty to tend and look after his fellow sworn brothers. The death of any of them distraught him, and with two gone, there was little to describe how close he came to tears.

"But...But brother... What could have we done? We cannot use force or violence."

"That is a misconception. If it is the last possible you have, it is allowed by the creed to use force if either your life or another is at stake. And those who you came across were murderers. They were not innocent at all... I will not speak of this again. There is no punishment, but you will both have to live with the death of your brothers upon your shoulders... I will go myself, though there will be no simple scan. The very rest of both Oris' and Dolhin's souls depend it."

The two left the room, Xiara soon after. He was too woeful to let the death of his sworn brothers go without retribution. Before he went to the hanger, he put on his armor, making sure that it fit properly through the activation process, before placing on his head, the skull helmet. A simple sign that he was an older member. He took it upon himself to leave almost hastily, with barely any form of goodbye. As he entered the simple one-bodied ship, he looked to his dumbstruck brothers including the ones he had previously scolded. He then left without a word, probably to show his passive anger at their apathy, and left for the previous coordinates of where Oris and Dolhim were killed.
Conner McAlister (played by Ambrosia)

Alden crept within the shadow of the ship, he needs on but, him being part of a territorial clan that has killed thousands for no reason has given many people reasons to not let him on. Some even attacked him just for revenge but it never fazed him in fact, he never really cared. His clan was his family and only those within the clan would understand why they do what they do.

He already had his stealth armor activated, his body started to change, his cyborg body shifted the outer layers of his matalic skin into darker and sleaker metal, harder to detect at night or in shadows. His red eyes acted as sensors and a to him, like a computer screen that he controlled with brain signals. He scanned the ship, not many life forms found "strange..." He whispered scaling around the ship to get underneath to the boat hanger, it was a small garage that dropped mini ships when needed. Maybe the crew was late, it made his life a WHOLE lot easier.

Hanging from the bottom of the ship he shimmied to the doors and was able to pry it open with one hand, it pays off being a cyborg from the Shadow clan, the dark blue symbol on his shoulder was the Shadow clan's marking, the one every traveler feared but gunned for.

Pulling himself up into the ship he looked around and hid inside the boat keeping away from crew members. This was his only chance to get to elecium, the planet of the Shadow clan, most importantly, his daughter Clover...
Clove (played by PANGAEA) Topic Starter

((Was waiting for others to come in, but I suppose I'll just continue))

Iveth hoisted her two large suitcases over her shoulder as she came to board the ship, her eyes scanning over the deck that was lined with top brand wood and the wooden railing carved down to the sharpest detail. It was then that her eyes shot up to the helm tempting to the touch. Having to peel her eyes from it, she took notice to the crew. Usually about twenty or more was the average number of them. If anything, they had variety and she couldn't begin to name all the species.

There was hardly any voyagers- actually one other she had seen, but he didn't look approachable. Matter of fact, he looked troubled, but Iveth would keep to herself for the time being. Any other voyagers, if any, must've been in their quarters already.

The crew was too caught up in their chatter to bring any attention to the lass to her fortune. Quickly, she hastled to the lower deck to settle in and prepare for the long voyage ahead.

((Meh. It's open, I'm sure a bystander can squeeze themselves in somehow))

If it were not for the stars, all Xiara would see may as well be pitch black. He took the chance to rest within his small ship, as he led it to the coordinates of an orbiting cantina. Though Xiara could not sleep, any form of rest would help him ignore the grief he felt for his students and brothers. The stars were unnerving to look at. Like gas sirens, the galaxy space may be a wondrous sight, but any mishap could lead to certain death.

It would probably be about four hours total before he came across his destination. When he did come to his point of interest, he was reluctant to leave. Rather than exit his ship, he simply scoured the bystanders who came and went within the docks. Though Xiara was no plotter, he was a secretive and somewhat cynical being.
Nick Fowler (played by SirMustacheTheGreat)

Nick saw the little cantina and figured he could find a fuel station somewhere. After all, wherever there is drinking, there is noise. And wherever there is noise, there is fuel. This is the ultimate truth of space travel. Nick put down the Phoenix and opened the gate. He and four of his crew walked out onto the metal deck. Caitlyn Stahrrek stood right next to Nick, Samuel Corrie went to look for fuel, Grayson Clarke went to find a gun shop and Fred Galligan went to the little bar to get a drink. Nick smiled under his helmet and walked to go find a repair shop for the Phoenix. After a bit of walking, Nick got a distress call from Fred. He used his helmet-interface map to locate the bar and started running, Caitlyn on his heels. After he got there, he saw that Fred had gotten a bit drunk and was running from a very large and angry man.

"Sir, sir, would you please calm down? My friend here has a troubling past and means no harm for... whatever he did. I'm terribly sorr-" Nick suddenly seemed to be flying through the air very fast, his temple throbbing. He did the natural thing, drew his blue-core powered Anti-Civilian phaser.
Mars Red Faction (played by Chris_Pike)

Alec Mason was walking around Mars in the Dust Sector. Nothing Very noteworthy ever happened on Mars, Not after the EDF were kicked off, And not since they became allies with the marauders. Dust did get a lot of traffic though, Mostly from traders of both Human Martians, And Marauders. They Called themselves Human Martians too separate themselves from the Evil EDF. They had won for the most part, Only a few EDF Drones and Solders remained here, And any reinforcement ships were shot down. Mars had quite the blockade for protecting itself, Though, The EDF Never made cloaking devices, So any ship even with the most Basic Cloaking device could get through that blockade. Alec had also heard reports of readings just beyond Pluto, They were true random and too perfect shaped to be an Asteroid or something along those lines. It made everyone on Mars uneasy too say the least. Would they be plunged into another war? Or were these... These Aliens? Peaceful? Alec hoped it was the latter, He than began too walk into the Badlands, There was no threat in the Badlands anymore due to the alliance with the marauders.
Dex (Melenor's Futuristic Form) sent his ship on a course towards Mars, he was coming at a decent pace and could see the planet well from his position. He had his weapons ready and his shields up, if these humans gave him trouble they'd take a hard beating considering he had a red matter bomb loaded. Talking wasn't his usual look at things anyways, it would be hard to negotiate for the Gray, considering they could only speak telepathically. But perhaps if he was able to reach the humans they'd forgive him, as his race had gone into exile after the humans defeated them long ago on the first days of their "Space Stage", payback for all the experiments the Gray conducted on the grand species...
When Dex approached close enough to sense the blockade on his radar he activated his cloaking device, a must have for an assassin like himself... Yet one thing would give away his ship as it approached the blockade, a bit of electricity spiked out every once in awhile, like tiny lightning all around the ship. It would send a ping on any electrical scanners and a slight ping on the strongest of radars.
Augustus Terminus (played by HvyArtillery)

New Rome's shipyards were always a busy place.

The human capital of the United Coalition of Planets was often busy. Whether it was in it bustling metropolis or vibrant communities, the heart of Coalition Huamns beat night and day. Captain Augustus Terminus thought about this as he stared up at his newest command, while lamenting the loss of hisold ship.

The UCS Centurion hung in the cradle that she was built in. The newest in the Coalition's fleet, she was outfitted with the most up to date and advanced technologies the Coalition could give. She was a type class of Heavy cruiser designing to begin replacing the aging Praetor-class. The vessel was complete, her crew was onboard and her sigularity reactor had been powered up. The cradle itself was retracting, giving the ship room to lift off. The only thing she needed was her captain.

Terminus' combadge chimed.

With a small sigh, the captain tapped the small device pinned on his left breast. "Terminus here."

"Captain, we're waiting for you to get onboard so we can get underway." The voice of his first officer.

"Alright I'll be there in a few minutes, Terminus out." With that, the captain moved towards the ship's entryway. Several minutes later, the ship's thrusters roared aliveand began to push the ship skyward, higher and higher until it left the confines of New Rome's atmosphere and jumped to warp, ready to begin her maiden voyage.
The Abbadonis (played by Benotto)

Adrift in the Void, Its massive bulk grafted into an artificial orbit around a large asteroid. Surrounding the Rock and its wary stowaway, various ship derbies. Scraped cruisers and dead fighters. A large hole blown into the side of the ships bulkhead was sealed over with a flashing yellow energy field. droning sounds and creeks echoed out into the void, A week distress beacon broadcasting an unintelligible language. Along its port side, near the prow, Red lettering spelled out the Ships name in bold. The Abbadonis. One would find that the most distressing part of the scene, was not the massive wreckage strewn about. but that the only seemingly still functional ship was The one Abbaonis. More so its lack of a flag signifying an alliance of any kind to anyone. Another droning growl rose from the wreckage. From the hole in its side, a black fluid erupted through a crack in the metal. Freezing in the vacuum of space before the breach was sealed over by another fizz of yellow energy.

((((Is anyone going to respond to this rp?)))

(((no idea I just jumped in as best I could with what I could Drag from the context)))

((( I don't think anyone else is going to respond :( either way, you want to continue this by ourselves?))))

(((I think that would be up to the thread creator, but it would be great if we actually could.)))
Clove (played by PANGAEA) Topic Starter

((Ok, so I'm assuming that we're all on different ships- well, with all that I read. Correct?))

((Yeah thats about right))

(((I AM A SHIP!!!!!)))
Vegas Mokoena Telvan (played anonymously)

"I'm gonna live!"
The large ship had smaller ships going to and fro from different ports.
"Until I die!"
Millions of ads were on the sides of the ship, more on the smaller ships.
"I'm gonna laugh!"
People gambled on the giant ship, larger than some planets.
"Until I cry!"
The ship was the SS New Vegas. The mobile gambling ship for the NV Space Station, a large artificial planet made for gambling, the largest in the galaxy.
Vegas sat back in his chair, the ship was going by earth. Los Vegas on earth could never compare to this on any timeframe.
Conner McAlister (played by Ambrosia)

((I kinda snuck onto ink's ship XD))

Alden wasn't going to move soon, he had just snuck in and he wasn't planning on leaving anytime soon or getting caught. He looked around a little "Best i get used to my surroundings..." he said to himself as his body changed again, this time it was silver, with dim green light coming from his eyes. He made his way over to a table and looked over it's contents "tools, useless" he wasn't able to use any of it anyway so he was best leaving it.

He picked up a heart beat... 2 heartbeats. "Shit" he whispered looking around hastily, he had just changed back and can't change into his stealth armor so soon. He took cover inside a small boat big enough for him to crouch in.
"Woo, setting sail for the stars at last!" one of the mechanics said setting is tools down
"I was getting tired of this place" The other looked slightly disappointed as he looked around the room
"Yeah, but it's got it's own charm, plus the budget cuts aren't really helping but we make do with wat we have" Alden crept to the other side of the boat waiting for the guards to turn so he could sneak out the door leading to the hull, he would take his chances ot there than in the garage... for a cyborg the smell of oil and cut metal gets overwhelming.
"Well well, Shadow clan hunh?" one of the crew members asked as he spotted Alden I've got a beef with you guys" the dirty pirate spit on the floor and cracked his own knuckles... Alden could see the metal under neath those fake hands "Cyborg..." he said taking hold of his sword's hilt "I only wish to talk to the captain"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Sailing Amongst Stars (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus