Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: I am an Age Regressor!

So when did the first of you separate off? Was it at the same time you felt regressive?
Jejune Topic Starter

Aardbei wrote:
So when did the first of you separate off? Was it at the same time you felt regressive?

It was around age 14 or so. The first one to come was named Marlie (I made a character here as a small nod to her). She was around the same age as me at the time, and she mainly was a protector and helped when I was anxious, had low mental health, etc. She's since vanished and has been replaced with Sofie, but I tend to try and let the others commemorate her and ask questions, even if they weren't formed yet. I felt regressive at around 8-9, when my trauma first began to settle in and have symptoms.
So your first left you? How did it happen? How did you know she was gone?
Jejune Topic Starter

Yes, she left after a while. She gradually fronted less and less and grew more distant as I grew more confident and started gaining alters, and there was a day where her voice just wasnt there, and she wasnt in the inner world. I knew she was gone mostly because of that, but it was also a feeling. I kinda felt her going away, and was dissociating a lot of the days leading up to her leaving.

It was kinda bittersweet, because I was 14, didnt know what was going on at the time, and felt as if I lost a valuable friend, however also understood that she had fulfilled her purpose, and I appreciated her being there when she was.
I bet it was...

You sound like you have a pretty crowded inner world now though, heh. Is it just one big room entirely, or are there compartments for privacy at all? Does the room change or stay the same?
Jejune Topic Starter

Its usually just one room, but if alters want privacy, they can go to their own room. The one room usually stays the same, besides toys on the floor. Its an off white/cream color with pops of color like the toys, the baby crib, etc. The private rooms, however, are very colorful and change depending on whose room it is. One of my alters has up rock and metal posters, and has little decoration, and another one has soft pastel, and another has a Victorian goth room with plenty of decor. and they're all relatively colorful.
Jejune Topic Starter

Usually, if alters dont wanna be bothered, they go to their private rooms. I usually dont try to focus on them if they arent in the main room, and just assume theyre "gone" aka arent gonna be fronting until they come out
That sounds like a nice house, to be honest.
Jejune Topic Starter

XD Indeed, and no need to pay rent either ;)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » AMA: I am an Age Regressor!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus