Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Some good vibes.

This seems like a good time for this, so I thought I might get a thread going where we talk about the ways in which this community has helped us feel good vibes this year.

For me... It's been a lot. I joined up in June, and I had a lot of walls to work through at first. Mostly social anxiety and a lot of confidence issues. I was, at first, very afraid of being rejected or demeaned for my preferred style of RPing, but I've found no such thing here.

Actually, I think this place has been good for me. I've made friends, and opened my heart to people here much faster than I usually do. I've felt safe, accepted, and valid. I've worked up the courage to reach out and been met with the best possible results. I've tried things which previously terrified me (like doing 1-on-1s in PMs) and been rewarded with some of the best partners I've ever had.

Most importantly though, I've done a lot of healing. I've confronted some things that have hurt me for years, thanks to the help of compassionate people I met on a site that I joined purely on a whim. My greatest flaws as a person have been met with understanding and empathy, where I am used to them being met with ridicule, disgust, or shaming. Being shown empathy where I did not even believe I deserved it, and even being able to talk to intelligent and insightful people about some things in my past and the things that weigh on my heart has helped me to untangle myself from those things.

This has been my experience basically everywhere I've gone. This is a community that, to me, fosters genuine good will, is maintained by genuinely good people, and has the trickle-down effect of inspiring others to be good to each other in ways that I've honestly never seen elsewhere, and did not believe was possible. I'm so used to the internet being full of "bad communities that have some good eggs," but so far, I think I could call RPR a good community without hyperbole.

It's been a good first year. I would like to make many more, and hopefully make some more friends. I am mostly grateful for the space though. I didn't know I needed a place like this. I didn't even really know how much I had to work through, nor did I ever imagine that a simple good atmosphere in a random online community could be such medicine.

Please feel free to share your good experiences this year. I'd love to read them. :)
ChebaTheBee

Honestly, your story touched me. ToT I understand where you're coming from and how you've felt when the outcome was different!

I myself rejoined this site this year in approximately February in hopes of finding more roleplays and overall going back to it. And at the very same month a potential rp partner reached out to me. Not gonna lie I was nervous for personal reasons for some time (I believe?) but I eventually found out they're a cool person! We talked in seperate DMs as we roleplayed too! Our conversations were about pretty much anything - artsy stuff, games and a bit of roleplay related stuff. They eventually became one of my few friends and I'm glad I've met them (If you're reading this, my dear friend, stay awesome!). They helped me realize things about certain people who have hurt me in the past and also introduced me to more of their friends on their Discord server (who were also helpful)! :D Honestly, it's amazing how you can find a person online whom eventually becomes your friend... ;v;

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Some good vibes.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus