Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Starting Discord RP server, asking for help.

As the title says, I'm looking for people to help me with the stuff for setting up a roleplay server on ye old discord. I'm currently working on spells and races, bestiary and such. If anyone is willing to help, please DM me! Other than that, the current list of spells I have will be listed below. Again, DM me if you wanna help or just find something interesting! The list is very unfinished. :(

Fire
Eruption:
Flare:
Firebolt:
Heat seeker:
Wall of Flames:
Fireball:
Hellflame:
Fire Beam: A steady, intense beam of heat that quickly melts, burns, or otherwise harms anything that isn’t properly protected.
Turn to Ash: Point at a target and watch as their body is burnt from the inside out.
Immolate: Sets a target on fire within twenty feet of the caster.
Lava Strike: Part the ground as you draw lava from below, merging it into a flaming weapon of your choice. One time use before having to be resummoned, lasts half an hour or until arrows/bullets are exhausted.
Molten Wrath: Similar to Lava Strike, but forms armor instead of a weapon.
Solar Tempest: Bring the fury of the sun down upon your opponent.

Water
Douse:
Blizzard:
Ice Shield:
Frost Cannon:
Icy Spear:
Frozen End:
Hel’s Embrace:
Water Whip:
Octopus
Strangle
Endless Typhoon:

Air
Fly:
Hover:
Sonic Blast:
Suffocate:
Endless Typhoon:
Air Flux: Changes the flow of air in or around the target. Can be used to suffocate targets with little issues. Mana intensive and hard to master.
Shock: A quick burst of electric energy. Feels as if the target was shocked by lightning.

Earth
Metal Veil: Summon a thin cover of fine metal to blind an opponent.
Bend:
Quake:
Earth Spire:
Sinking Sands:
Fissure: Splints the ground open to create a small ravine, useful for crafting obstacles and traps.
Lava Strike: Part the ground as you draw lava from below, merging it into a flaming weapon of your choice. One time use before having to be resummoned, lasts half an hour or until arrows/bullets are exhausted.
Molten Wrath: Similar to Lava Strike, but forms armor instead of a weapon.

Defensive
Harden: Hardens the body until it shares the same durability and strength as steel.
King’s Armor: Full body magical ward, best ward against magical attacks.
Knight’s Shield: Tower shield shaped defensive ward, best ward against physical attacks.
Magic Sphere(Armor Mode): A magical sphere that surrounds the user in a circle an arm’s width wide and two feet taller than the user. The sphere is invisible until it is hit.
Ice Shield:
Absorb:
Absorb Magic:

Healing
Nature’s Warmth:
Nature’s Gift:
Harbinger’s Tears:
Magic Sphere(Healing Mode):
Cure Disease:
Cure Effect:
Dispel Magic:
Druid’s Blessing:
Bear’s Strength:
Wolf’s Spirit:
Blinding Light:
Redemption: Heals whoever the caster wants. Fully cures all diseases, wounds, and other injuries. Only works on one target at a time.
Dispel: Cures all negative magical effects such as madness or Silence. Does not cure natural effects such as diseases.

Physic
Dominate Humanoid
Dominate Animal
Dominate Monster
Mock
Blind
Fear:
Dishearten:
Tearing Nightmare:
Infinite Spiral:
Void: Play tricks on your enemies with this spell, forcing them to believe they are floating in the endless void of the afterlife.
Hell’s Illusion: The opponents feel as if they are in the depths of hell.
Invisibility: Forces the target to ignore the caster, believing them to be invisible. True invisibility is allowed through mastery of the spell.
Rune of Horror: Shows the victim their worst nightmare, must be set in advance. Works as a trap.
Doom Banner: Inflicts fear in enemies. Lowers defense of grunts to instakill levels.
Genesis: Brings the target back to the beginning of the universe, causes madness 100% of the time unless target is otherwise protected.

Dark
Meteor
Swarm
Insect Summon
Blind:
Solar Flare:
Writhing Tentacles:
Decimate:
Shadow Rocket: A shadowy bolt of dark magic that tracks it’s target for a short duration. It explodes into shrapnel when the spell ends of if something touches it.
Gift of Hell: A summoned, commendable ally that until it’s defeat or it is dispelled. Familiars vary from hellhounds to succubi to high ranked demon generals. The better the mage the better the chances of getting a powerful familiar.
Moonlight Orb: Summon an orb that produces light in a ten foot radius from the caster. Lasts until dispelled.
Drain Mana: Drains the mana of the target.
Starfire Bomb: A glowing ball that explodes with the force of a supernova.
Magic Mirror: Summons a magic mirror which divines futures, reveals gossip, news, and other things, and can also serve in case someone needs to check their hair.
Mirror Spell: Summons a mirror, which absorbs and negates any spell casted at the user, and mimics their effects at whatever target the caster wants.Lunar Flash: Plunges an area in a five mile radius into pitch black night before flashing said area with bright sunlight. Usually blinds opponents.
Arcane Arrow: Summons a spectral blue arrow that flies to where the caster points, must be within view.
Silence: Stops an enemy from casting spells.
Soul Drain/Drain Soul: Weakens the target’s ability to cast spells and regain mana. If used enough the target’s soul will be captured and the caster will own it.

Holy
Blinding Light:
Turn Undead:
Charge: A simple battle cry-like spell that invigorates allies. Cures any negative mental effect such as Dishearten.
Purify: Purify corpses and undead, allowing for resurrection and rebirth.
Seal of Renewal: A temporary seal that slowly regenerates wounds and revives the purified dead.
Tranquility: Calms everyone within a 20 yard radius from the caster.
Banish Demon/Undead: Simple banish spell. Advanced version of the Turn spell. Instead of simply scaring them off, it sends them back to whatever plain they came from. Instantly kills lower demons and undead and the basic profeciencies..
Revive: Breaths life back into fallen people. Ally and enemy alike.

Necrotic
Negative Burst:
Death’s call:
Reaper’s Scythe:
Decimate:
Soul Wave:
Soul Bolt: A bolt of soul energy, usually used by necromancers to either heal undead or inflict rotting to enemies.
Haunt: Sends an angry soul to taunt and haunt the target. Inflicts all sorts of negative effects.
Death Rupture: An explosion beside the caster that sends dozens of undead forward to aid the caster.
Acid Frenzy: A burst of acid that erodes everything except the best of items. Very dangerous to organic life.
Soul Sacrifice/Sacrifice soul: Offer a captured soul to the gods. The only way to truly kill a player character. In return get powerful items to enhance your power.
Curse: Curses a target. Target occasionally rots a random part of their body until they’re dead or cured. Upon curing, rotted body parts are automatically healed
Soul Drain/Drain Soul: Weakens the target’s ability to cast spells and regain mana. If used enough the target’s soul will be captured and the caster will own it.
Venom Surge: Sprays a stream of corrosive venom from the caster’s hand. Effective against organic targets.

Time
Twilight: Turns the day into dust and night into dawn. Also allows for control over wereanimal shifting.

Demonic
Negative Burst:
Dark Bolt:
Dark Embrace:
Death’s Call:
Decimate:
Moon Rage: Forces everyone within range to transform into werewolves, unless otherwise protected by spells or magic items. Turned werewolves protect the caster blindly.
Drain Mana: Drains the mana of the target.
Demon Surge: A tidal wave of demonic energy. Heals demons and undead. Damages the living or holy.

Draconic Spells:
Breath attacks
Dragon Surge: An elemental tidal wave breathed as a dragon would.
If you're intending to have all of that set up with some sort of automation with commands, you'll at least need a customizable bot (I think the ones I've seen most are MEE6 and RedBot, but you might find others suit your purposes better) and you may need something like a Raspberry Pi to process things for you. I know one server I'm in has a mini-RPG that's its most active piece, and they run a modded RedBot on a Raspberry Pi to process all of it. If you're not familiar with the Python language, you might find learning it to be greatly helpful with that part of things.

Beyond that... I'm useless. ^^; I've never set up anything on discord and am not even all that active in any of the servers I'm in. I mostly only know the above because I've seen it discussed a little primarily on the one I gave more info for (which is for the Goblins webcomic).
Ulfurinn Topic Starter

Thanks. :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Starting Discord RP server, asking for help.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus