Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Any League players?

I started playing League of Legends, and I main a Xayah, but I haven't found anyone else on this site who plays. If anyone does, hmu! ^^ I'd love to start a game with someone at some point (especially if you've been playing longer than me and could offer some tips and tricks ;)).
My advice for league of legends is to quit while you're still having fun.

I played for like 6 or 7 years and it was fun at first, but then you start to notice all the problems with the game. It's horribly unbalanced and becomes super unfun at higher levels of play.
AliRevellian Topic Starter

RoundTableKing wrote:
My advice for league of legends is to quit while you're still having fun.

I played for like 6 or 7 years and it was fun at first, but then you start to notice all the problems with the game. It's horribly unbalanced and becomes super unfun at higher levels of play.

Oh, I've heard that a million times. I mean, I plan on quitting once it gets boring, but I feel as if I am having fun then I should continue playing it. But I probably won't even play for a super long time because being overpowered and never having a challenge is no fun. But I like competition and improving oneself for the meantime.
It doesn't get boring, it gets bad. Big difference.

RoundTableKing wrote:
It doesn't get boring, it gets bad. Big difference.

Well I'll keep that in mind. But I don't plan on quitting just yet. Not while I haven't even mastered a Champion yet.
Hades_

I do play, but I rarely do so right now. However, don't take any discouragement about enjoying the game. It can be a ton of fun for a long time. Especially with friends. If your intention is to play the game to be competitive with strangers it will get very disheartening very quickly due to toxic community issues. However, if you just play the game to enjoy yourself, you're going to have a blast the entire time regardless of people flaming, getting mad, or saying how horrible the game is for any reason.

I hope you keep enjoying the game, Xayah is an awesome ADC.

Edit:

There are going to be jerks and toxic people in every single online community and corner of the internet. It is an inescapable truth of the world. Telling people not to play a game they're enjoying just because bad people play it too is like telling people not to go outside because there are bad people out there. It doesn't make sense and only adds to further an issue already there. Encourage positivity, encourage the enjoyment.

I really wish people would encourage people to enjoy the things they play and games they get into instead of constantly telling people to drop something they enjoy just because they might have someone be rude to them at some point. You can mute people in all chat, you can report people for saying horrible things to you, and you can play the game for yourself and no one else.

My apologies for getting a bit rant heavy, but it's always something that has bugged me when someone tells someone to stop playing a game just because they could experience some people who can be really mean to them. The world is full of jerks, stopping yourself from enjoying something just because a jerk might pop their ugly head up is only letting the jerk have nice things to themselves.

Hadeslicious wrote:
I do play, but I rarely do so right now. However, don't take any discouragement about enjoying the game. It can be a ton of fun for a long time. Especially with friends. If your intention is to play the game to be competitive with strangers it will get very disheartening very quickly due to toxic community issues. However, if you just play the game to enjoy yourself, you're going to have a blast the entire time regardless of people flaming, getting mad, or saying how horrible the game is for any reason.

I hope you keep enjoying the game, Xayah is an awesome ADC.

Edit:

There are going to be jerks and toxic people in every single online community and corner of the internet. It is an inescapable truth of the world. Telling people not to play a game they're enjoying just because bad people play it too is like telling people not to go outside because there are bad people out there. It doesn't make sense and only adds to further an issue already there. Encourage positivity, encourage the enjoyment.

I really wish people would encourage people to enjoy the things they play and games they get into instead of constantly telling people to drop something they enjoy just because they might have someone be rude to them at some point. You can mute people in all chat, you can report people for saying horrible things to you, and you can play the game for yourself and no one else.

My apologies for getting a bit rant heavy, but it's always something that has bugged me when someone tells someone to stop playing a game just because they could experience some people who can be really mean to them. The world is full of jerks, stopping yourself from enjoying something just because a jerk might pop their ugly head up is only letting the jerk have nice things to themselves.

Yes, I definitely agree with you on those points. I can get competitive, but I would much prefer to make some friends who play LoL so I can compete with them instead since, as I've noticed, the levels for PVP is kind of rough. Like there are people way stronger than I am on a lower level PVP and it's impossible to win. But it is really fun for me anyway and I truly enjoy the game and the lore that goes along with it. I'm not trying to be the best of the best at all, nor do I really want to be. I want to play the game to have fun, and if playing co-op vs AI until I add some friends to play PVP with is what is fun for me than I intend to continue :)

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Any League players?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus