Skip to main content

Forums » Help » Linking specific posts/widgets (a guide!)

For some reason, I decided to type up a whole thing about the most simple and straightforward methods of getting the URL/address to a specific forum post or profile widget (instead of a whole page) on RPR. It's super easy in the main/public forums now (not sure when that happened, but I've appreciated it), but posts in groups or widgets in character profiles can be a little more tricky.

But I actually wrote it over here in a profile thing I set up for testing character styles.

Related-ish, it's made me more aware of fixes I need to make to "Light Notes," so if you're one of the folks using that one, be aware that some things might move around or change in appearance in the near future. Nothing massive, I think, just tweaks and updates.

It's entirely possible that when you go to look at that little guide, it might be using a different theme. If it looks particularly a'splode-y, just check it again later. If it's staying a'splode-y, go ahead and give me a PM poke; I might have forgotten to switch it back to something easier to read while not testing anything. Luckily, it's been pretty rare for me to make any character styles. ^^;
Claine Moderator

Useful guide!!

But I'm not sure if you're correct about groups.

For example, if you go to a post made by another user in a group forum, you click the timestamp under the player's icon and that provides a URL you can copy and paste :)
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Oh hey! I had somehow never noticed that was a link!

I'm not sure how much I've even noticed there's a timestamp there at all. XD

I'll do lazy correction for the moment, and hopefully remember to fix it properly tomorrow.
Kim Site Admin

Hit me up if you need help with updating your character styles, I'm on a huge roll with character styles lately.
Zelphyr Topic Starter

Okay, so it took me a few days to get to it, but I have corrected the guide thingy. XD

You are on: Forums » Help » Linking specific posts/widgets (a guide!)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus