Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » A Risky Rescue Attempt in a High Fantasy (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Hi! My new job has kept me away from RP for over a month, so I've got a real craving for it now. And after watching The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (and forming a love/hate relationship with it) I felt really nostalgic, remember my earlier RP days, being involved in group RP centered around quests...

So! Here's my proposal:

I would like to use my hunter, Bowen, and my ranger, Erindín, for this RP. They're both LotR characters, but I can easily modify them to fit any other fantasy universe/setting.

The basic plot: Erindín has been kidnapped by the enemy. His best friend, Bowen, is gathering a small group to rescue him. Bowen prefers to work alone, but he knows that not even he can manage to rescue his friend by himself. He's begrudgingly asking your character for help. There will be pay, before and after. If your character agrees, he/she will venture into enemy territory with few others, and with no promise of return.

I'd prefer group style RP, up to four other people, but 1x1 is fine, too. I'd like to use both characters, so you can use more than one character too, if you'd like. Healers, warriors, magic users, other hunters or rangers--any or all would be perfect. If you're feeling a bit evil and you'd like to play one of the kidnappers, that'd be fine, too.

Bowen is moody and sullen, while Erindín is a bit more chipper and friendly. Erindín is already involved in a RP over pm, where he's barely a teen, but in this RP he would be mid- to late twenties. I'm not a big fan of romance, but you may be able to convince me to give this RP a romantic flavor. Gotta be real slick, though. ;)

All I ask is for at least basic knowledge of English grammar, and good execution of that knowledge! Also, paragraph length posts. And! If you'd like your character to be in a romantic relationship with one of my characters, and you manage to convince me to agree to it, I ask that both you and your character be of age. Yep.

And that's about it... if you have any ideas you'd like to add to the story line, don't be shy! Let me hear 'em.
//quietly pushes Sylvryth and Quail forward//

Ahem.
lilsunnyleaf Topic Starter

Yay, Sylvryth! I could never refuse her. And Quail sounds very cool. Would you like to use both or just one?
Whichever you'd like :3 I'm also making Quail's brother... He's kinda a conman-bard so I dunno if he would do any good on the journey xD
Oh this sounds like fun! :D I would love to join in on this High Fantasy risky rescue.

Let's see...I have a human swordsman to offset the archers, Arien Chase who would introduce a good bit of humor (maybe to his own demise).

Or Vylanduril who could play as an antagonist--she's a half-elf necromancer.

Let me know if you're interested! (I could also create a character...)
Ayana (played by kuroi_neko)

I'd be interested in using this one if you are up for it :)
Kier, Kevin, Jade, and Alexander are all available for this as goodguys (despite Kevin being a necromancer he is not evil).

Kier is a traveler warrior who has plenty of badassery to back himself, not to mention he is a gentleman who was brought up hy a Elf lord/Archmange who happens to be his grandfather (however he doesn't know magic himself).

Kevin is the local friendly necromancer who also is the friendly local librarian, he is pretty powerful and he knows allot of magic, and he isn't power hungry he is knowledge hungry. (And you can befrend him just by catching his curiosity if you are something abnormal)

Jade is a elvish archer/assassin, I haven't played her enough to really have a solid foundation for her yet though.

Alexander is a weretiger noble and thief he tends to only steal in a gentleman thief way, and is a rather good duler.

Sage-Thorne-- Sylvryth would be perfect for this, 'specially since she and Erindín have a bit of history already. Unless you'd like a fresh start.

PenGryphon2007-- :D Glad you're interested! I think Arien Chase would be perfect.

kuroi_neko-- I'm not sure that Ayana would fit in a LotR universe, but! Since it looks like this is gonna be a bit of a LotR/AU fusion instead of strictly LotR, we can totally make it work! :D

Pyrak-- Kier sounds good! Out of the four, I think he's the best fit for this RP.

Like I said, it looks like this RP is going to stray a bit from canon LotR universe. If nothing else, we're going to keep the geography and races, and probably some minor cities. I'll post some links to helpful maps later, so we'll all know where our characters are meeting, and where Erindín is being held captive.

I'll hopefully have the starting post up tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you all know as soon as possible. It's gonna be fun, guys! Yay for adventure! *intense* >:)

Also, if anyone's got questions or concerns or, y'know, whatevs, just let me know. ^_^
Alright, Kier it is than.
Sounds good! And as for the history, were you thinking the one we're doing via PM or the one we started but didn't get too far?

Sage-Thorne wrote:
Sounds good! And as for the history, were you thinking the one we're doing via PM or the one we started but didn't get too far?

I think the one we started and didn't get too far in. We could say that they got to the city (or was it a forest? I don't remember XD ) and parted ways there.
Okie doke! :33

Alrighty guys, our thread is up! =D Yay! Here it is: A Rescue

I am sorry for these things:
  • The lame title. I hate titles. ;_;
  • For being ridiculously late. But I'm afraid I'm very late very often.
  • The chance that the starting post is not very good. I always have a difficult time writing starting posts. >_< If anything is unclear, or confusing, just let me know, and I shall work to correct it!

Also, if you are unfamiliar with the Lord of the Rings, here are a few things you should know, because they will be important to our plot:
  • Our group is starting in Minas Tirith, which is the capital city of Gondor. The city is built upon seven levels, on the side of a mountain. The brick of the upper levels are pristine white, and the brick of the lower levels are dark. The upper levels are where the richest people live, while the lower levels have all the common folk.
  • Erindín--who, if you'll remember, is the person our characters are trying to rescue--has been kidnapped by a group of Haradrim. The Haradrim are enemies of Gondor. Their lands lay south of Gondor's borders. Here's an interactive map that you may want to browse, just to get an idea of the layout.
  • The kidnappers haven't made it to their homeland yet. I'll be posting a quick little post from Erindín POV, just so we can have an idea of where he is, and where our group will be heading.
  • ...I think that's it. ^^;

I'm sorry if I'm being annoying with all this info, but I want this RP to be fun and run smoothly at the same time. ALSO, this is my first time running an RP, so I'm, like, totally sorry if I do something stupid and wrong. Be patient, please! I promise to get better. =3 And like I said, any questions, don't be afraid to ask. ^_^
Ayana (played by kuroi_neko)

I don't know if others are thinking the same, but do you have a specific order you wish to go in? Or do you just want us to post? I know I am used to going in order and waiting for others to post, but I didn't know how you wanted this done
The order in which we post for this first "round" will be the order we always post in, I guess :33

Yes, the order of posts for the first round shall be the order for the rest of the RP. That should keep things organized. But it if starts to slow things down, we'll change it.
Kier Senshi (played by Pyrak)

I'll get a post in tomorrow (been busy the last few days)

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » A Risky Rescue Attempt in a High Fantasy (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus