Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Chance encounter... (Closed)

U.N.I.T. 35235236466-0001A (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

"We should keep her," Yoo-nit repeated looking down at the android girl as The Operator managed to re-activate her using the remote her owner had tossed out the window.
The Operator (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

"Yoo-nit! For the last time," The Operator snapped. "She's not a bloody abandoned kitten!

“I’m so so sorry…” she whispered. She jumped out of her arms. She sighed softly and looked down, she rubbed the back of her head. “You shouldn’t be in the middle of this..” she added.

"In the middle of what, love," The Operator asked. "Why was your master cross with you over not being able to make that call? Has he done this before? What about his wife, won't she be upset if he doesn't return with you?"

The Operator had so many questions for the Android girl. "Sorry, I don't mean to overwhelm you," she apologized after taking a deep breath. "Why don't you start at the beginning. Have you got a name?"
Project 364 (played by Osris)

She looked at them. “My name is Project 364, I was made in a lab to serve whoever is my master, ending up getting a very spoiled and mean master.. if I break one of his rules he usally would give me a very painful shock. But I guess today was very different, and no, pretty much none of my masters family will or would protect me..” she mumbled. She looked down again. She was very much embarrassed.

"Oh dear, that's awful," The Operator replied. "You definitely shouldn't go back to them, then."

She thought for a moment. The poor girl was a machine, but she couldn't just leave her stranded at the refueling station like this. There had to be something that could be done to give her some help.

"What about the factory where you were born," She asked. "Would they take you in?"

“I really need to..even though that hate me, They can’t do anything with out me..” she mumbled. She looked down and sighed. “Don’t worry I’ll find my way home sooner or later. Please do not worry.” She said softly. Her eyes turned a light blue as she looked away, like she was scanning the area.

"Now hold on love," The Operator replied. "If they treat you that horribly, you shouldn't go back to them, now should you? Same with the fact that they can't do anything for themselves. I guess he should have thought about that before he turned you off and threw your remote out the window. He literally tossed you out like the trash. You're free now! They gave up all claim to you when they dumped you in the parking lot and drove off."

She looked down. She sighed softly and shook her head. “But if I’m found alone by police, they can just scan the barcode on my waist and just take me back to him..” I don’t really have a choice unless I found a new boss/master..” she mumbled. We moved a part of her hair from her face.

"Has he done this to you before? Thrown you away I mean and then had the police find and return you," The Operator asked with some concern. "What does it take to get that barcode changed? If someone else claims you, does that mean your master loses all claim to taking you back?"

“A few times in my early stages.. the police had found me and took me back to him..” she mumbled. “And I’m not sure how hard it is for my barcode to be changed. Maybe I just go to the factory with whoever wants to claim me and they replace it…?” She asked her self. She honestly should of known this bit her master took that out of her files in her head.

"So, if I could get you back to the factory where you were created, that might help," She asked. "Tell me, have you ever had any other masters besides him?"

She shook her head. “Nope I had him for my whole life which is about 3 years now” she said, she looked at her. “Why do you want to take me to the factory? I don’t understand..” she added

"I want to get you away from him so you don't ever have to deal with him again," The Operator explained. "If I can do that, can they change your barcode or get you a new master? One that won't treat you like you're a pile of trash?"

Yoo-nit suddenly made a bunch of noises again and backfired a cloud of smoke or steam from his exhaust port. A bell dinged as the tiny flag went up and down on its shoulder and the red light above it's eyes blinked for a few seconds.

"We should just keep her," Yoo-nit chimed in again. The little droid spoke in a monotone voice and spaced its words slowly and evenly as it spoke. "I will make sure she is charged every day!"

She sighed and nodded, “I guess we can try to get my barcode replaced. “ she said quietly. Her vice went a lot quieter know since she was actually a little nervous about this.

"Alright, if you're okay with that, that is. Do you know how to go about doing such a thing," The Operator asked. She questioned the implications of such things and if the factory would work with them. Also, she wondered if she could legally call the droid her own. Would her master come after her if she did? Perhaps they could find an alternate "third party" to help her get a new identity so she could get a fresh start.

((Reply’s will be slow sorry.))

((OOC: That's ok.))

“I’m not very sure how it works. I really should know but I don’t..” she said softly. She looked down at the ground for a moment. “I’m sorry I’m no help..” she added.

"No worries, love. We'll get it all sorted out," The Operator promised. "I just need to get this phone working and we'll be out of here in a jif. Then we'll figure out our next step."

The Operator returned her attention to the payphone. She fiddled with it for a few minutes. After putting the device back together, she dialed a number and hung up the receiver. A moment later, it rang and she picked it up and put it to her ear, and listened for a moment.

"There we go," she announced more to herself than the droids. "Good as new! Now, let's determine where we might go to help you start a new life!"
The Operator pulled out a large book made of paper. It was the kind used by many ancient worlds centuries ago. The cover read "Intergalactic Telephone Yellow Pages and Phone Book." It had a red ITC logo matching the patch on her uniform as well as the side of the van. She began flipping through the pages.

While The Operator worked on the phone, Yoo-nit turned its eyes to the android girl. "Ummmm," It said in a monotone voice. "So... how long have you been in existence?" The little droid then went through a series of beeps and emitted a ding before belching out more smoke out its side and then the light on its head came on.

It sat there silently waiting for Project 364 to respond. As it did so, it scanned her to see what information it might gain that might be useful. Did she have a tracker on her? Was there any identifying info that could be detected including perhaps an authorized service facility? Yoo-nit also tried to determine her build date and a possible location where she'd been constructed.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Chance encounter... (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus