Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Chance encounter... (Closed)

Project 364 (played by Osris)

The project game one last glance at the other robot before stepping out of the van. She kept her head down. She sighed softly. She was a little nervous about finding a new boss. Since her last one treated her badly. She moved her hair behind her ear and looked up at the building.
The Operator (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

The Operator noticed the android girl's nervousness. "It's okay, love. I'll be right here with you. It won't hurt a bit. We'll just give you a new identity and the old boss won't be able to track or claim you again. Clean new start!"

She entered and held the door for The Project to follow. A cyborg man looked up. He was a human with cybergenetic enhancements and had rainbow dreadlocks. One of his eyes had been replaced with a glowing red monocle. "Yeah," He asked.

"'Ello, love. I could use your 'elp. Me friend here needs to escape a rather, er bad situation," The Operator said glancing at the Android girl. "She needs a new ID... a clean record..." She gestured to the bar code on her wrist.

The man, who was presumably Zaxx eyed her suspiciously. "You a cop? You know that ain't legal," he said flatly.

"Nope. Not a cop. I'm an Operator. The Operator. I'm with the phone company," she replied.

"Why does the phone company need an untraceable android? Sounds sus," he returned.

"She's not for the phone company, love. I'm getting her out of a rather abusive situation," The Operator explained. She lowered her voice. "Bad owner. Terrible to the poor girl! I witnessed it myself."

"She's an android...," The main protested.

"She's a sentient being that deserves as good a life as the rest of us. Can't you help the poor girl out? Surely you understand, being part machine yourself," The Operator pressed.

"I don't take walk-ins," the bionic man objected.

The Operator plopped down a bag of credits. "Cash is untraceable," she said smiling.

The man looked at her and the bag. He snatched it up and poured the contents onto the counter and counted them.

"Yeah. I 'spose I can squeeze you in," he replied after a moment. "Follow me into the back. Before we start, you weren't here. Got it?"

The Operator glanced at the android and nodded. She gestured for her to go first.

She looked at the operator then at the man. She looked down again. “You can go first..” she mumbled. She looked down at her wrist.

Once The operator went into the back she slowly followed. She was pretty uneasy about this.

The Operator simply nodded and lead the way. The room looked like a cross between an electronics diagnostic lab and a doctor's office. Various instruments and electrical equipment were scattered about the room, but there was also an operating table and a set of instruments near it, similar to the setup one might expect at the dentist.

Zaxx gestured for the android to get up on the table. Assuming she did, he carefully scanned her body with a handheld device after giving her a quick look over. It was much like a human getting a physical. He carefully examined her eyes and ears. He spent several minutes examining her head with the device before gradually working his way down her body.

He was looking for any sort of tracking or homing devices she might have implanted or built-in. Finally, he gently took her wrist and examined the barcode. He began by scanning and then looking at a screen near the table to see what data popped up on the screen.

The Operator stood beside The Project on the opposite side of the table staying close to her the entire time.

When she was examined, there was some rust building up in her ear but she could hardly notice it at all. She felt pretty weird that she was being touched like this. She had the feeling of touch (some what).

When Zaxx scanned her barcode it said the date she was made. (April tenth.), how old she was supposed to look (18), how old she actually was (1 year), and her model ( the 3rd generation of androids.)

"It doesn't tell me much, really," Zaxx said after running her bar code. "Just her build date and model."

The Operator was surprised at how little information the bar code provided. She assumed it would contain registration info. such as who owned her and perhaps other details like if she was missing or stolen.

"So the barcode can't be used to trace her," she asked.

"I can run a cross-check it on the internet," Zaxx replied. "I'll also see if there is a serial number or anything that might be used to trace her."

If Zaxx didn't find anything else, it seemed the barcode was fairly irrelevant and there was little need to worry. The Operator turned to The Project.

"So love, it doesn't seem like there is much to worry about unless he can find some sort of record online," The Operator said. "Is it possible your former owner wiped your records because he wants to be done with you and doesn't want you finding your way back or anyone returning you? If that's the case, I'd say you are in the clear."

She looked at The Operator, she had a smile smile still on her face. “I’m honestly not sure.. He must of done somthing to my memory files. I hardly remember being in the factory.” She said and just looked at her.

"Well, love... that bar code of yours doesn't really provide much. I say you're in the clear then," The Operator replied. She looked back to Zaxx. "Find anything else, love?"

Zaxx shook his head.

"Well, sorry to trouble you then," The Operator replied. Zaxx took a few credits and returned the rest of her money. The Operator looked back at The Project. "Let's be off then. You can just stay with me until we find you a new home. I'm sure a great opportunity will come along."

She looked at the other robot then at The Opeator. “Are you sure? I a, Rosa,ly being a bother with everything you know..” she said softly to her.

"No bother, love," The Operator replied as they headed out of the shop back towards the van. Unknown to them, a small flying drone was watching them and listening in. "You can stay with us til we find you a proper home. We don't live the most exciting existence but it'll be better than wandering the streets alone."

Once they got into the van, the tiny drone carefully maneuvered itself underneath it and attached a small tracking device before flying off. The Operator drove the van in land mode using its wheels until it was well clear of the city before she took off toward space again.

She looked around, once in the van. “Something feels off..I can’t tell what it is.” She said in her mind, she sighed. She looked down. She couldn’t track what it was.

"What is it, love," The Operator asked. "Something from being scanned?" As far as she could tell, the man hadn't done anything to the android girl other than run a scanner over her while checking her out. Could his reading the bar code have triggered something somehow? That didn't seem likely. It didn't look like he'd had the opportunity to implant anything in her and he most definitely hadn't installed any type of software.

She looked at The Operator, “Nothing” she said softly and smiled at little at The opeator. “I’m just a little but in shock with everything that happened today.” She said and sighed softly

"I guess that is certainly understandable," The Operator replied. As they got out of town, the van levitated off the ground and the wheels folded in. It took flight and a few minutes later, it exited the atmosphere and entered deep space. "I guess it's on to the next job, then." She checked the coordinates and set the van for autopilot. Yoo-nit took over operating the van's navigation systems.

She nodded, she looked out the window again and sighed softly. Her right eye blinked black and back to blue a few times, telling her that she had to power off soon. She sighed and powered herself down for the ride.
U.N.I.T. 35235236466-0001A (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

The android suddenly powered down. Had she run out of power? The Operator wondered if she'd shut herself off or if she needed to be charged. She decided she'd wait and see what happened. She wondered if she could wake her with the remote her owner had thrown out the window after leaving her. The Operator examined it, but decided to let her "sleep".

"Mistress," Yoo-nit suddenly said, The Operator glanced down at the little droid. "We have a repair request that just came in. Status: Urgent."

"Hmmm," The Operator said. "Okay, set coordinates then. We'll have a look!"

"Affirmative," the droid replied. He picked up another strange signal. Unsure of what it was, Yoo-nit decided not to mention it although it seemed to be coming from the van. Perhaps it was from the android they'd picked up although it seemed to be encrypted. Without telling The Operator, Yoo-nit tried to decode it but didn't seem to be able to. The processing power seemed to be affecting his navigation signal, so Yoo-nit put all of his attention to the task of following the coordinates in question.

"It will take several hours for us to get there," Yoo-nit said as he tilted his eyes to The Operator who just nodded, leaned the driver seat back and closed her eyes.

A series of dings woke The Operator. She looked around, startled. Then she glanced down at the floor at Yoo-nit and discovered the little droid was the source of the noise. His eyestalks were directed at her. The Operator glanced at the android girl who was apparently still powered down. "What is all of that racket about," she demanded.

"Uh... we're here," Yoonit replied.

The Operator tilted her seat upright and took the van off of autopilot. They were approaching a small moon. "Well, this is it," she said to herself, glancing again at the android girl, wondering if she'd come back to life on her own or if she needed to be charged. The Operator decided she'd figure all that out once she landed the van and they arrived wherever it was they were going.

((Sorry my wifi is very bad, I’ll try and reply tonight))

((No worries!))

((Sorry I have really bad writers block, can we pause this?)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Chance encounter... (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus