Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Chance encounter... (Closed)

Project 364 (played by Osris)

“I was made a year ago.” She said and crouched down to the robot’s level. She had the smallest smile on her face. She just looked at the robot. It was amazing how it worked to her.
The Operator (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

"Only a year old, eh," The Operator replied. "You've got plenty of time to begin a new life and get a fresh start. I think I found a place to help you." The Operator gave some coordinates to the little droid. "That's where we're going, got it Yoo-nit? Alright, love! Let's be on our way, then!"

The Operator motioned for Project 364 to follow her to the hover van parked near the payphone. She picked up an orange traffic cone behind it and replaced it on a small pole connected to the bumper. Yoo-nit rolled around the side and went up a ramp. Once in the vehicle, it connected to a docking station between the driverside and passenger seats. The Operator gathered her tools near the payphone and stuck them inside the door with the ramp the droid had used. She paused a moment waiting for the Android girl to get in the van.

She looked at them and followed, she sat in the passengers seat and looked down. She felt really weird going with some stranger and another robot, but she didn’t want to be left alone at a station.

Once everyone was strapped in, the van slowly rose from the ground, the wheels folded in and it took flight. A few minutes later, the refueling station was behind them and they were in space. The van didn't get far before it slowed to a stop. Dozens of ships were all floating in front of them as if dead.

"What's going on," The Operator asked glancing at Yoo-nit in the floor. "Why are all of those ships stopped up ahead?"

"Um.... traffic," The droid replied. "Expect a delay."

The Operator groaned in frustration, hit the steering wheel, and rolled her eyes.

She looked at the traffic. “If you can give me a area code or a address I might be able to find a new way there..” she said softly and looked at The Operator. She smiled at little at them.

"You can navigate? I bet you can get us around all of this traffic," The Operator said. She almost sounded giddy. She glanced down at Yoo-nit. "Ha! Take that you daft little toaster!"

"Um...," Yoo-nit said tilting its eyes up to The Operator and then turning them to gaze at the Android in the passenger seat. "I have already calculated the optimal route."

"The optimal route shouldn't have an intergalactic traffic jam, should it," The Operator returned. She then glanced over at Project 364 and gave her the address to which they were headed. "See if you can get us a faster route and away from all of this traffic, love."

Once she had the address she scanned the area with all the vehicles. “Once you can take a left.” She said. After the left it was all smooth driving there. HerGPS was pretty good.

The Operator did as the android suggested. It took a few minutes, but The Operator found an opening, and soon they were moving again as she turned left. "Ha! We're out," She cackled with delight. "Yoo-nit, what was the delay, love?"

"Road construction," The little droid said after going through its cycle of noises and dings. It belched smoke as it backfired. The Operator coughed and fanned the smoke away from her.

"Road construction," The Operator repeated. "In outer space? There aren't any roads to construct or work on!"

"Um...," Yoo-nit replied as it tried to process an answer to The Operator's question. Its lightings flashed and it made quite a bit of noise as it tried to search for an answer.

"Well, it looks like smooth sailing," The Operator commented. "Although I'm starting to think we should keep you. You are obviously a better navigator than that daft little toaster on the floor. You could even maybe help me out since that poor excuse for a transistor radio doesn't have any hands... you know, hey love, could you hand me a screwdriver from the toolbox? That being said, I don't think you'd be happy with us. We live a rather drab and mundane existence. We just drive all over the galaxy fixing space payphones. At least that's until the linemen's union gets their grievances with the telephone company settled. Those are the blokes that are supposed to be doing this. They're currently on strike."

The Operator glanced at Project 364.

"Travel through space," Yoo-nit corrected.

The Operator scowled and glanced down at the computer. "Don't argue with me," she grumbled rather crossly.

((Replies will be slow, I’ll try and reply tonight <3))

She got the tool box and gave The Operator what they needed. She looked at them. “I don’t think they would just change my bar code just for you.. they will probably re-program me for a new use then find me a new owner..” she said softly.

The Operator laughed. "Oh not now love! I meant if I was working on a phone! Yoo-nit doesn't do me a whole lot of good in that aspect, but you seem like you're so much more capable of doing things behind grabbing tools from a box." The Operator said. "Don't worry, I'm just going to see if the people we are visiting can change your bar code. It's a bit er, under the table, but no one has to know. Then I'll see if I can help you find somewhere where you can be happy. If you could do anything, what would you want to do?"

She looked at her confused, she really didn’t understand. “I’m not made to have a real job, it’s to just serve whoever owns me..” she said and out the tool away. She looked down, “I don’t really have a purpose..” she added.

"Oh, that's silly love! Of course, you do! You just have to find it," The Operator replied. "There's nothing wrong with serving. You just need to find the right person to serve! Someone that will appreciate you... you know. Treat you right and all."

“Not really any type of android gets treated right. It just never happeneds.” She said softly and moved her hair behind her ear.
U.N.I.T. 35235236466-0001A (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

"Well that's not right, and it's not fair," The Operator said. "We should work to change that!"

"You're telling me," Yoo-nit said from the floor.

"I treat you just fine," The Operator retorted.

"Ummm," The little droid rebutted.

"Don't listen to him, love," The Operator replied turning back to the Android girl. "He's got no idea how good he's got it!"

"Ummm," Yoo-nit repeated. It cut its eyes between the Operator and Project 364.

She looked down at the other robot. “I’m sure she treats you right..” she said softly to the robot. She smiled a little at it.
U.N.I.T. 35235236466-0001A (played by AgentMilkshake) Topic Starter

"Oh, I'm sure he'll tell you otherwise," The Operator replied. "Yoo-nit is company property, but he has a good life. He came with the van."

"Ship," Yoonit corrected.

"It's a van," The Operator snapped back. "It was assigned to someone else until the linemen went on strike. Whatever bloke drove it is currently picketing in front of the company office. Been doin' that for months. That's when they decided all the operators like me could just take over in the meantime instead of connecting calls in our call offices. One day, they told me 'ere you go! This is your tool belt and your van. Good luck, love! Yoo-nit came with the van."

"The company purchased me and assigned me to the ship and the Operator," Yoo-nit explained. "I am the navigation system... system... system..."

She slowly nodded, she was a little confused on how there was a difference on a ship and a van these days. It really made no sense to her. She smiled a little again and sighed. She looked out the side window.

The Operator reached over and gave Yoo-nit a good whack. The little droid stopped skipping. "Don't worry, love," The Operator said to the android girl, "everything will be just fine!"

A little while later, the van approached a small planetoid. Planetoids were small, artificially made planets about the size of a small moon. As the van entered the atmosphere, it descended into a small city. Yoo-nit gave the coordinates and the van lowered down to a street. The wheels unfolded and The Operator drove the van as though it were a normal vehicle.

As they drove, they were clearly entering a seedy part of town. Finally, The Operator pulled up at a run-down-looking building with a neon sign. It read 'Zaxx Haxx'. "Well, this is it," The Operator said looking around. "This looks like a bad neighborhood, so lock the doors! Yoo-nit, love, why don't you stay with the van?"

"Ship," The little droid corrected her stubbornly.

The Operator rolled her eyes and got out.

((Replies will be late, sorry >_>))

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » A Chance encounter... (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus