Skip to main content

Forums » RP Discussion » Three is a crowed, or is it?

MasterWinter

Hello to all, Winter here!

Firstly: I'm aware my title doesn't exactly explain much, but I'll get to that in a moment.

Secondly: I believe this topic is in the correct spot, if not then I apologize and hope the mod's will assist me. Thanks!

Onto the topic question: Three is a crowed, or is it?

I currently have two muses up on my RPR account who are Priest's: Father Buchanan & Father Nightstorm.

I'm wanting to potentially make a third Priest muse, but I'm wondering if that would be too much?

Some of you right now might be thinking: "Well Winter, it's your muse and your account. Thus do what you like."

And I'd be responding with: "I know that, just for some reason I feel the need to ask. Just please don't ask me why, I've no real idea."

How many of you know the German power metal band: Powerwolf?

For those of you who don't know who they are etc, I'm simply going to link their Wikipedia page: Powerwolf Wiki

Anyways!

I didn't realize till a few days or so ago, that they had new music. And for those of you who watch their YouTube videos, and have seen the AMAZING artwork done by Zsofia Dankova (who's done most of their art, view her on ArtStation), you know how (my opinion only) well done everything is.

Well. Between listening to their song "Werewolves of Armenia" (plus watching the YouTube video where the art moves), and listening to other songs on YouTube while reading the comments, it got me inspired to want to make a muse that would...be a Priest.

But not just any Priest.

See. Father Buchanan is an enhanced human, Father Nightstorm is a Crusnik based off the Trinity Blood anime.

This new Priest would be a werewolf.

Random tidbit: Someone mentioned in a comment for the Powerwolf video Werewolves of Armenia: "For those who don't know the reason why the cross is on fire when they hold it is because God is rejecting them because they are werewolves but yet they still cling to the cross even though its burning their hands. That's some heavy stuff."

I've seriously been trying to find some good inspiration lately to get my mind going to work on a muse. And amazingly the music of Powerwolf has done just that.

Part of the inspiration also came from another YouTuber's comment, not just the music in general, on Powerwolf's video of Blessed & Possessed: "It would be cool if someone made a story based on this song. That this werewolves are being employed by the church to be there hunting dogs for the supernatural enemies that humans can't handle on their own. And this wolves are working for the church for generations, and they are a secret unit of the church whom they call if something appears to be beyond their capabilities."

I think part of the reason I ask for opinions, is because I over think things. That and also the fact I don't want anyone to think I'm suddenly trying to put religious stuff into my rp. That's not me. My two Priest muses do not shove religion down anyone's throat's. I'm very careful in how I portray my muses, especially when things like religion is involved.

Another reason I ask and hesitate to make this new muse, is because I've hesitated before about making a muse in general with something I've already done. Example: I have, not on RPR, two muses who are blind. One is Father Buchanan's sister, the other is a vampire who lost his sight before being turned and his sight was not fixed when turned. I'm always hesitating to make another blind muse. Yet oddly I seem to be okay with making a muse only have one eye, if the base look I'm using for the muse has only one eye like Lord Date Masamune (Sengoku Basara/Samurai Warriors/Rl Japanese Warlord) as example.

So. Am I over thinking and it wouldn't be weird or what ever for making a third Priest muse, or I'm not over thinking it and should just steer clear of it all?

Sorry this was a bit long, I just was trying to explain myself as best I could.

Also if you don't wish to respond here directly to my topic, feel free to hit me up in a PM. I'm not picky.

Thank you to those who took the time to read this!
I like the idea, personally. I have multiple secret agent muses myself (at least four), so I don't see the problem in making another priest muse if it really speaks to you. And who knows? Maybe you could have all three know each other as a fellowship sort of thing. Of course, that's just a suggestion. I don't know how their backstories would intertwine, after all.
MasterWinter Topic Starter

Lucretire wrote:
I like the idea, personally. I have multiple secret agent muses myself (at least four), so I don't see the problem in making another priest muse if it really speaks to you. And who knows? Maybe you could have all three know each other as a fellowship sort of thing. Of course, that's just a suggestion. I don't know how their backstories would intertwine, after all.

Mostly if anything, they'd just be acquaintances if they'd run into one another before. I believe that is how I have Father Buchanan and Father Nightstorm.

I know people aren't always fond of religious figures in general...and then it's like: Umm...yeah. Is having a third one too much?

But I REALLY want to do this soooo badly...! Goddess I LOVE Powerwolf! -goes to put them back on for inspiration fuel-

Also: ARIGATO for the input!
Hi Winters Fury,

I definitely say go for it. I had already six superpowered characters called "Bees" when I created a seventh because I wanted to explore the actual change of going through the process of a normal human being turned into a superpowered one and how it changes their lives as well as what they will have to cope with. All the other six characters before had already gone through the process by either a few months or even a year. It was also a way to explain to my RP partners what that change was like to some who had never heard of The Secret World universe. You might find your new priest will fit in different RP roles the other two don't have access to or he will fit better. He will have a story to tell all his own. :)

Falyn wrote:
Hi Winters Fury,

I definitely say go for it. I had already six superpowered characters called "Bees" when I created a seventh because I wanted to explore the actual change of going through the process of a normal human being turned into a superpowered one and how it changes their lives as well as what they will have to cope with. All the other six characters before had already gone through the process by either a few months or even a year. It was also a way to explain to my RP partners what that change was like to some who had never heard of The Secret World universe. You might find your new priest will fit in different RP roles the other two don't have access to or he will fit better. He will have a story to tell all his own. :)

You make a very good point, Falyn! And you are right: He will have his own story. That's for sure!

I have a horrid habit, it seems, of over worrying of the little things. So knowing that others in their own way make multiples of a type of muse, and in general it's okay, is good to know. I mean okay I've made a bunch of vampires and werewolves/lycans before, but some of them I try to be careful with.

Still I appreciate the input as well as encouragement! :-)
:) ❤️
I say go for it. I wonder if the three priests together would cause the crows to divebomb them? :D

Dawnia wrote:
I say go for it. I wonder if the three priests together would cause the crows to divebomb them? :D

Lol's. Who knows. But, thank you!
I would also suggest that you make this character. Don't give yourself limits when it comes to your imagination, don't hesitate because you have characters with similarities or you think that their qualities may be too divergent. Explore new possibilities for your character no matter how wild your ideas may become.
The wilder the better, I say. You learn from exploring and as Falyn commented you may find another nitch.

If you want to make this character then do it! :)

WinterBlackDraoi wrote:
I would also suggest that you make this character. Don't give yourself limits when it comes to your imagination, don't hesitate because you have characters with similarities or you think that their qualities may be too divergent. Explore new possibilities for your character no matter how wild your ideas may become.
The wilder the better, I say. You learn from exploring and as Falyn commented you may find another nitch.

If you want to make this character then do it! :)

Thank you for your words, it is very much appreciated! ^.^ I am currently in the process of working on my werewolf priest. I have many thoughts running through my mind concerning him as it is. I look forward to the end result.

You are on: Forums » RP Discussion » Three is a crowed, or is it?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus