Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Jolly Night (Anybody welcome)

Captain William Towers (played anonymously)

The port town of Roundbottom is alive with activity with its taverns and inns particularly full of life as seamen of all walks of life make their new home there.

One such tavern is the Safe Anchor, a somewhat more respectable establishment with no less than half the building full of fine sailors all belonging to one ship, the Aries. If one would walk in they’d notice one thing instantly amongst the many tables.

A solitary group of men in fine hats and of a healthy glow sitting next to the fire laughing gently while pushing pieces around a game board, a few of them are scrawny officers with a broad and strong looking captain amongst them, tall and friendly..maybe one would approach.

“Now now Mister Matthews, that’s not you staring at thst tavern lady again is it? I need your mind here if we are to set sail in the morning…and god knows your mind goes soft when something else does the opposite…”

The officers all chuckle, one throwing their head back in laughter.

(Anybody welcome, if you wanna cause drama expect to be mobbed)
Neoma Alva (played by BugIsTired)

A tall woman with long silver hair with hints of gold walked through the door, removing her cap that had a crest that looked like a pie diagram cut into quarters with a leaf, a snowflake, a sun, and a flower in each of the quarters. She also removed her jacket and tossed it over her shoulder as she walked to the bar and ordered some vodka. As she waited for her drink, she decided to glance around the room.When she heard the group of men chuckling together, she couldnt help but glance. At first, she seemed unimpressed by the scrawny men but soon saw the more stronger looking fellows. She thought to herself, "They would make fine soldiers, maybe even Wyatt would approve... Speak of the devil, where is he?"

She looked around and soon saw her Second-In-Command strolling through the door, heading straight to her. "Sorry, General. Some of the men... well, they forgot their place and were talking about, if ya know what I mean," He said as he sat down next to Neoma. She rolled her eyes and poked him with her elbow. She answered back in her light Russian accent, "Ah, well you know all to well that I can handle myself, but thank you for defending me, Wyatt." He nodded in response and ordered a whiskey. Neoma soon was served her vodka in which she took a quick sip than smiled as if recalling an old memory.
Captain William Towers (played anonymously) Topic Starter

The table suddenly stopped as the wannabe cook spoke up each of the officers turning to give a glare. Of analysis at the man.

The younger matthews had the eyes of a hawk that seemed to cut through the common looking sailor before him.

Their captain had a more lazy stare, thd look of a man who wasn’t a stranger to random plods from a port volunteering themselves, although the gossip hed heard was correct.

“Why you’ve had your ear to the dock floor haven’t you…” the captain says with joviality that seemed laced with skepticism, he span a coin on the table “That isn’t entirely true, we do have a cook however he’s old and his sight seems to be failing him …as hard as it will be to spell out a good man’s eventual discharge.

He scratched his angular chin in thought.

“I’ll tell you what, I’m on a journey back home to a channel port in a day or so, that gives you a few weeks to prepare yourself and decide if you like me before I sign you on officially in England, you’ll help and learn from our present cook on the way.

What do you say mister?….”

The captain holds out a large hand, one scarred across the palms.

Neoma Alva wrote:
A tall woman with long silver hair with hints of gold walked through the door, removing her cap that had a crest that looked like a pie diagram cut into quarters with a leaf, a snowflake, a sun, and a flower in each of the quarters. She also removed her jacket and tossed it over her shoulder as she walked to the bar and ordered some vodka. As she waited for her drink, she decided to glance around the room.When she heard the group of men chuckling together, she couldnt help but glance. At first, she seemed unimpressed by the scrawny men but soon saw the more stronger looking fellows. She thought to herself, "They would make fine soldiers, maybe even Wyatt would approve... Speak of the devil, where is he?"

She looked around and soon saw her Second-In-Command strolling through the door, heading straight to her. "Sorry, General. Some of the men... well, they forgot their place and were talking about, if ya know what I mean," He said as he sat down next to Neoma. She rolled her eyes and poked him with her elbow. She answered back in her light Russian accent, "Ah, well you know all to well that I can handle myself, but thank you for defending me, Wyatt." He nodded in response and ordered a whiskey. Neoma soon was served her vodka in which she took a quick sip than smiled as if recalling an old memory.

Waved over at thd lady.

“Something wrong there miss? Any of mine been bothering any of yours?!”

He asked with a sigh, his crew was professional but still a band of sailors..they loved a good scrap

Clapped his hands at seeing the cat “Oh no problems there, can catch our rats he can!” One of the junior officers spoke up and his captain seemed to agree.

“Just keep him under control and I don’t mind, he could actually be useful for when we get mice”

The captain shuffled a little and poked matthews in the side “Alright..He’s gonna help you get settled, show him where your stuff is if you’ve any then you’ll report to the ship, he’ll give you a tour and get you settled at your station, aswell as meeting Mr Blake” the man nodded
Fly's over the town to head back to my cave

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » A Jolly Night (Anybody welcome)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus