Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » RP length

ChaoticHazard

Does anyone else come across the "problem" <I use the word problem loosely, it's more of a difficult choice> where you aren't sure what length to put your RP Ad?

Like I can write more than Concise, but I can't write more than 2-3 paragraphs or I'll get burnt out. So I just put Adjustable; but then I get a feeling that's not right either and it's just a back and forth argument in my head. ;-;
I think Adjustable is the perfect thing to put in that case. I'm in the same boat - sometimes I feel the need/desire to write a mini-novel. My next post might be two sentences. XD (They tend to fall somewhere in between, but it's nice to just write what you feel like writing in the moment to move the story ahead!)
natjust

I totally understand this feeling, I have never been one for a lot of purple prose in my writing so anything more then actually meat of the reply is kind of like trying to pad out an essay paper for school.
That doesn't mean I write one liners, it just means if not much is happening, I am not going to spend an hour filling in a 3 paragraph quota about how my character sits in a chair and swaps their legs several times to get comfortable, hahaha

I usually just write that length depends on what is happening, and that I'll write more when more is happening. I think you got the right term in mind with that.
I actually just started to write "Concise" instead of "Adjustable." I don't really like one sentence posts per se, but I can't really handle writing 5-6 paragraphs anymore, and feel really guilty when my partner does if my reply is too short. It took me 40 minutes to write a paragraph to a partner tonight in a Discord RP, so saying that my length is "Short" sets a better expectation, I think.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » RP length

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus