Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » There are days when it gets to be too much.

I'm having one of those days today. As one who has worked in an ER, never knowing what to except coming in the door at any given moment tends to have you somewhat elevated with anxiety. My heart goes out to those in Texas who were in the ER when the first people started coming in the door during the school massacre. My heart goes out to the parents, school staff, and the surviving kids who will have to live with the trauma the rest of their lives. I like to come to RPR to relax and have fun and get away from the depressing world. But sometimes it feels 'wrong' to do that, and I find myself instead of writing and creating and enjoying the interaction with my fellow writers, I'm instead sitting alone in the dark in despairing thought. I won't slip off the edge into the spiraling vortex again, but sometimes things have me come to the edge and look over. I will step back and I will be 'ok', and I will go on with life and enjoy the fun things like writing RP stories and such, and be prepared to meet the uncertainty of the job head on. I just had the need to vent a little.
I read your post and I understand. Hard times are never easy. One time some one told me that tough times makes tough people, but if not handled properly tough times can also damage people. Know your limits and do what you can to take care of yourself. I wish you the best.
Dawnia Topic Starter

I was just feeling the heaviness. Got to overthinking things. I'm ok.

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » There are days when it gets to be too much.

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus