Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Planetary Potluck (CLOSED)

Eleanor Newmann (played by GingerHades) Topic Starter

And just like that, it appeared as if the party was beginning to settle down.

"Oh, no worries," Eleanor said, around a mouthful of the alien contents of her plate. "It was great to have you! I'm glad you could stop by. Best of luck with your travels!"

Eleanor put her fork down and waved goodbye to the Operator and her robotic companion. Elliot followed suit, an 'arm' extruding from their gooey sides, waving in a similar manner to Eleanor. They gurgled a loud line of gibberish, what was surely a farewell.

Just as she watched them disappear on the teleporter platform, she turned to Xihuitl, overhearing that the avian traveler would be taking her leave as well. "Ah, you're leaving as well? No worries. Thank you for the food, by the way; it was delightful! Ah, you should remember to take your box! Don't want to leave that behind, now do we?"

Elliot chirped some more, still peering around atop Eleanor's shoulder.
Starlit-Wisdom (played by Riik)

Starlit-Wisdom tilted their head in curiosity at the Operator in a manner that was usually indecipherable to unfamiliar beings. When she and the avian subsequently took their leave, Starlit-Wisdom offered them both slow bows of the head.

For now, however, Starlit-Wisdom remained seated, taking in the sunlight as though it was a rare opportunity. It was a cloud-filled winter on the world they were studying, and so the summer rays were a welcome treat for them. They knew they would have to get back to work soon, but what was a few more minutes?
Hecate (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

Hecate, half-asleep, lifted her head at the sound of voices, noting that a couple of people were leaving. Rolling over on to her side, the cat stared upwards through half-closed eyes and lazily lifted one paw to wave in the general direction of the departing guests, though it was entirely likely that the gesture had gone unseen. Afterwards, she rolled back onto her stomach, pulling herself along the grass using only her forepaws, now situated a bit closer to the one-eyed creature. Hecate's eyes closed again. Naptime resumed.
Xihuitl contently waved to the Operator as she head off. "I do hope so! Take care! Kluex bless you."

And then, Eleanor spoke to her. She turned and listened accordingly, though the mention of her box made her eyes widen.

"Of course! Forgive me. I cannot simply leave my thingamabobs behind to mess up your party, now can I?"

Leaving the remaining feathercrowns behind, she collected her box to tuck it under her arm.

"Consider the feathercrown jam a gift," she replied, pointing to the jar she left. The contents are a pinkish purple semiliquid. "It is feathercrown season, so we Avians make a surplus of jam to share. Do enjoy now! Blessings be with you, Eleanor, Elliot."

With that, she gave a bow of her head, finally turning to leave after. Now returning to the teleporter, she would be delighted to tell her crewmates of her findings. At least she knew one of them would take interest in such human traditions. Different as they may be, they were ultimately similar at their core. None could deny the importance of unity across many different species, even to traditional loners.

"Thank you, my friend!" Eleanor waved as Xihuitl left via the teleporter. "Until we meet again!"

All of a sudden, Eleanor realized just how late it was getting. She shrugged the shoulder Elliot was perched on, grabbing the attention of her assistant, before whispering to them quietly.

With a sudden nod, Elliot slithered up onto Eleanor's hand, outstretched towards the sky, before letting out the loudest hiss they could manage.

"Attention, everybody!" Eleanor announced, lowering her hand and allowing Elliot back onto her shoulder. "To start, I would just like to say thank you to everyone who showed up to my potluck this afternoon. It was a pleasure to meet you all and share a meal with each other!"

She glanced towards the teleporters. "However, I apologize, but I'm afraid we're going to have to call it a night. I almost forgot, the teleporters do have a time limit, and I want to ensure all of you return home safely before they close."

She turned back to everyone with a smile. "So with that said, I hope you enjoyed your time here! Please feel free to take some leftovers with you, there's plenty to go around. I will be here until I make sure everyone departs safely. Thank you for your time!"

((Hey folks! The last day of the Summer Soiree is upon us, so it's almost time to wrap things up! We're NOT closing just yet, I just want to make sure everyone gets to make at least one final post before I close this thread up. Thanks in advance! :D))
Hecate (played by Ultimate.Gaymer)

Awake once again due to the abrupt hissing sound, Hecate leaped to her feet in surprise. She quickly regained her composure, however, listening to Eleanor's announcement about the party's end. It was a bit unfortunate, she thought, but still understandable; events couldn't last forever. Hecate would have liked to have had a longer nap, but apparently that would have to wait.
After spending a few moments to lick some loose blades of grass from her fur, Hecate stretched and padded up to Eleanor. If the party was about to end, she had to at least thank the host! Hecate took some time to rub gently against Eleanor's legs, purring as she did so, before suddenly employing one of her magical abilities. The kitten teleported from where she stood all the way over to one of the actual teleportation machines. And then, within moments, Hecate had vanished. She was satisfied with a night of observing new people, enjoying some tasty fish, and having a bit of a nap, too. She hoped to meet some of these folks again someday.
((Thanks for hosting this, Hades! It was lots of fun!))

And with that, Eleanor gave Hecate a quick pat before she had gone off to the teleporter and vanished. Hecate had gone to a very specific one, leading Eleanor to raise an eyebrow, wondering if the cat knew exactly what it was doing.

Eleanor remained, bidding everyone farewell, making sure everyone had safely made their departure. Now it was just her, Elliot, and what remained of the uneaten food.

"Well, Elliot," Eleanor glanced at the venue, hands on her hips. "Looks like it's time to clean up."

Elliot, not too keen on cleaning up again, immediately leapt down from Eleanor's shoulder and scurried away. A wild goose chase ensued, ending anticlimactically with Elliot pouncing Eleanor like a facehugger.

Eventually, Eleanor had convinced the little symbiote to pitch in. With enough effort, Eleanor's ship had been loaded with all of the supplies and leftovers, leaving the teleporters behind. It would be too much of a hassle to retrieve the other teleporters from the other planets, so she opted to leave them where they were.

"Computer," Eleanor commanded, Elliot already having retreated back to her body. "Fire up the engines. Set course for Hyperion."

[Affirmative.] The ship responded. [Destination Set: Hyperion Galaxy.]

The auto-pilot sprung to life, as Eleanor's spacecraft ascended from her home planet, and blasting off into the depths of space. Meanwhile, the teleporters she had scattered across the galaxy had shut off, their cool, blue glows fading out, as they curled back up into the cube-shaped objects they were originally discovered as.

"Back to work."

And that concludes the Planetary Potluck! I would like to say thank you to all of you who chose to roleplay with me throughout the entirety of the Summer Soiree; I was amazed at how many people decided to attend my topic!

I hope you all had as much fun as I did, and I do hope our characters cross paths again someday! :D

-Hades

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » Summer Soiree: Planetary Potluck (CLOSED)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus