Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone Here Also Super Into Cars?

Heyo :)

Pretty much all my life I had an minor interest in cars, how they work, what they sound like, etc, but recently, after getting back into the Gran Turismo series, that interest became an obsession and now Sports Classics are all I wanna talk about to my friends. Hard part is, many of my close friends aren’t super into cars so I usually feel bothersome when I geek about them haha

As a kid, I was always obsessed with the good ole International Harvester Scouts:
1979IHScoutII_01_700.jpg
And till this day, plan on upgrading my current Ford Explore to one of these beauties. I have a bad obsession with flat grills and boxed headlights as they give me some seriously retro vibes :D

And as of recent (maybe around 5 months ago), I happened upon a British Sports Classic brand known as Austin-Healey and I fell in love instantly. Especially so with their Bug-Eye Sprite models:
4597_main_l.jpg
Hoping to one day either buy a barn find one could renovate, or make a pre-renovated purchase to customize. Either way, I’ve made it known to many of my friends and family that this model is my dream car :)

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone else had a car obsession that’d be interested in sharing cool cars they like or even just chat about these crazy intricate beasts?
I'm kind of into Rally racing, like the Baja or the Dakar. An old boyfriend was deep into RallyCross and I had fun with that for a while.
I had a bit in Just Talkin' where I'd tell people I was streaming something cool and put on a racing game instead. It's fun to read up on the cars, but I can get pretty competitive online. I'll win 9 times out of 10 and be grouchy about the one that got away.
TheUkrainianBean Topic Starter

Dawnia wrote:
I'm kind of into Rally racing, like the Baja or the Dakar. An old boyfriend was deep into RallyCross and I had fun with that for a while.

Both super insane rally races XD
I couldn’t imagine being behind the wheel on that kind of terrain either ahh I’d consider myself a pretty competent driver, but flying through dirt and mud would make me nervous XD
TheUkrainianBean Topic Starter

sland wrote:
I had a bit in Just Talkin' where I'd tell people I was streaming something cool and put on a racing game instead. It's fun to read up on the cars, but I can get pretty competitive online. I'll win 9 times out of 10 and be grouchy about the one that got away. :D

What games do you play? If you got a PS and GT7, I’ll race ya XD
TheUkrainianBean wrote:
Dawnia wrote:

Both super insane rally races XD
I couldn’t imagine being behind the wheel on that kind of terrain either ahh I’d consider myself a pretty competent driver, but flying through dirt and mud would make me nervous XD

I never drove RallyCross, but had the opportunity to be my BF's navigator. Yes, the person who is supposed to sit calmly in the passenger seat without any actual control of the vehicle and all the while being terrified while trying to keep where we are at straight on a map and GPS XD

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Anyone Here Also Super Into Cars?

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus