Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Unlikely Adventurers

Irini (played by seafoamvi) Topic Starter

--

--

--

She withdrew the shilling from her bag and placed it gingerly in Rohir's hand. Shedding the bag and placing it on the ground beneath her, she cleared a space between her and Rohir. She kneeled to the ground, placing two hands firmly on the dirt road beneath them. Her eyes flickered wildly with a radiant hue. Her hair rose and pulsed, like a stormy black ocean. Her robes rose, revealing her legs and bare feet, and Lotus beneath them, who was slightly prickled with alarm. From behind Irini rose a massive stag, composed of tightly knit energy and adorned with lotus blossoms. Irini rose to land on the stag, leaning over its large neck to pat it lovingly, before it quickly disintegrated into a pile of shimmering twigs. Irini landed beside it, looking disappointed. Lotus sniffed the remnants of the stag, curious. "I also can make my way through the woods. I'm seasoned in healing life, plants and animals alike, too." She offered a shy smile. "Nothing as fancy as your hellfire, Lord Rohir, but I hope I can be of service."
Rohir (played by EmberFire347)

Rohir's eyes shine for a moment as he is in awe of the spectacle he has just witnessed. feeling outdone he looks at irini, "well miss irina, i think your particular skillset will be of great use in our endeavors." he smiles at her and winks. "but if you dont mind me askin', why did the big fancy deer disappear so fast? i mean if you can just summon things like that, why not just ride them everywhere?"

he flicks the shilling into the air and snatches it just as it falls past his face, he tosses it into a sack under his coat as he waits for a response.

She met him eyes dimly. "I don't know if I should tell you, but I actually am a God. Well, nothing spectacular. Just a lowly Land God. I don't exactly have any followers- well, I do- just not many. Not anymore. I've been around for many moons, Lord Rohir. I don't want shillings or anything, I just would like for some people to worship me again!" She was particularly enthusiastic for a moment, before stating. "It's not exactly my line of work, but I hope I can become strong to serve my people more properly once again." She flushed, embarrassed. "Not that you'd understand. Not that I mean to be insulting- not that I don't want you to understand. Well, not like I can't do it myself, but that doesn't mean I don't want your help! I do, but not like you're obligated or anything." As she spoke, her tone grew quieter as she became more reserved. "Thank you, Rohir. Is what I'm meaning to say. Shall we get out of here? The Greater Docks await. More importantly, so does Aria. The sooner the better." She smiled. While she had initially feigned ignorance, she had overseen the rapid growth of the region and knew precisely where the docks were. Silently, she began to lead the way, although she wouldn't have protested if Rohir took over.

"Hmm, a god you say, well i havent had much experience with beings of that title in my life, though i never would have guessed they could be so dang cute!" Rohir reaches out a hand and pats her head, "but i suppose you cant judge a book by its cover now can you!", Rohir winks at irini, "anyways youre right, we should get going, that fine young woman is waiting for someone to save her after all! and ill be damned if i let anyone else get the glory." Rohir turns towards the direction of the docks, "To the docks!" he states loudly, before noticing that irini is already heading in that direction. after a quick "aw shit!" under his breath he hurries after irini, casually following her lead, wondering how she knows which direction to go.

Irini fiercely recoiled when a rough hand tousled her hair. She didn't know how to feel about his comments. She'd been called pretty before, but never in such an earnest way. It was noble enough. Rohir seemed like a safe person, so she didn't think much of it. After what felt like an eternity of traveling, the only sound the shuffling of Rohir's feet and clothes, she could smell the sea. Ah, the refreshing sea. The smell of the water, the gentle breeze, the gull feathers decorating the cobblestone path. What a treat. Ecru wasn't just some dingy port town, however. The buildings had grown expansive, the town square bordered with colorful banners, and the streets were surprisingly barren. The city was unassuming yet massive. Irini glanced behind her at Rohir. "Would you like to get something to eat before we embark? It's growing dark outside, I'm not sure if you can see too. I didn't realize that not everyone could see in the dark until recently." She sheepishly admitted. "Unless you don't want to take a break- it's really up to you! No pressure. Don't feel pressured." She grimaced. Lotus had emerged from her robes somewhere along the way. He now slung himself across her shoulders like a fashionable scarf, keeping her warm.

Rohir considers his options for a moment before speaking, "well, an adventure cant happen on an empty stomach, its just like my uncle dan used to say, 'listen Rohir, you cant keep stealing eggs from our coop, i swear boy, if i catch you again therell be hell to pay!', Dan was always such a wise man, though it did take me a long time to understand what he was trying to say..." Rohir takes a long beat before he continues, "Anyways! i think we should find some place to fill our bellies and hit the hay, now im a little short on cash at the moment, but im sure we can find some place nice for..." Rohir empties his pouch into his hand, a measly 2 silver falling out, cough, well im sure we can find a place!" he begins marching to the nearest tavern.

"I don't have any coin, Rohir. Is that um- all? Not that I'm being greedy!

"dont you worry your pretty little face miss iranus, ive survived on less!"

I don't mind. I don't eat anyway." She forced an awkward laugh. "Uncle Dan sounds lovely. I hope the eggs were worth it, My Lord." The tavern Rohir busted into was bustling. It was well lit with high ceilings, an expanse of tables, people, creatures, and it reeked of alcohol. Irini nearly gagged. She wasn't used to the smell, even after all this time. She found the substance to be poison- a mere vice for mortals. Not that there was anything wrong with that, it just made her a teensy bit uncomfortable seeing the commotion in the tavern. She was almost smacked with the tavern's swinging doors amongst Rohir's haste. She watched Rohir swerve around the mass of stumbling bodies with ease, like a complete natural. She tried to press herself as far into the wall, and as far away from another living soul as possible. She gazed at the ground as Rohir approached the barkeep.

As Rohir enters the bar, he kicks open the door, and loudly steps in, legs spread and hands hovering over his guns, "now now folks, dont go getting all excited, but The Ecstasy of Hell has arrived!" he grabs both guns, twirling thing in his hands, before shoving them back into their holsters. the brief silence is broken by a few snickers, quickly followed by the patrons resuming their conversations, seemingly ignoring rohirs grand entrance. Visually disheartened Rohir pulls his hat down slightly covering his face, while smoke billows in thick clouds from his horns. he strolls through the crowd with ease, partly due to the patrons avoiding him, and partly because he practically lives in bars. he makes his war to the bar keep, who pretends to not notice him walking up at first, but when he sits at the bar, decides he has to do his job, and walks over to him, "what can i get for you sir?" he says with a forced smile. Rohir smirks as he asks, "well you see, me and my friend here are investigating a kidnapping that happened on the docks near here, and are looking for a place to rest our heads and grab a quick bite, we figured your fine establishment would be happy to accommodate some noble adventurers on an official guild mission." he shows the bar keep the overview of the quest, signed by the guildmaster herself. after a long glance at the paper, the barkeep sighs, "i can give you a room for the night, but youll still have to pay for your food and drinks." Rohirs eyes light up, "Well yee haw hoss, i knew you were a good man, im happy as a pig in shit right now." the bar keep hands Rohir a key and tells him the directions to their room.

Irini sees Rohir grab a key, and begins drifting through the crowd, hugging the outer edge of the wall. "Do you have one for me?" She tilted her head slightly.

Rohirs big smile quickly dissolves into a look of embarrassment, "well uh, you see uh, i was only able to get one room, due to uh, well..." Rohir seems to think to himself for a moment before his eyes light up, "well you see, the rest of the rooms are booked right now, im so sorry, it seems like we may have to share a room for tonight. but dont worry! i can sleep in the bath tub if itd make you more comfortable, but seeing as we are sorta partners now and what not, it might not be such a bad thing to get to know each other sleeping habits?"

She grimaces. Again. "Sounds divine. Lead the way." Lotus leaps onto Rohir, soaking in the warmth emanating from the fiery man. Irini wasn't too pleased about the situation, but it would have to do. She was getting desperate for her powers to come back. She had help, and help is what she needed. She would make light of the situation for now.

"oh well hello there friend, you can sleep with me if youd like!" Rohirs eyes begin to glow a soft orange as he pets the familiar. Rohir miraculously locates the room and unlocks the door, inside is a simple bed, a table with a pot of ink with some paper resting on it, as well as a padded chair and window looking out on the ocean. "well miss irina, itd be right rude of me not to offer, so feel free to use the bed, so long as i have this," Rohir lifts a half empty flask full of some smoldering liquid, "i can sleep just about anywhere." he sits down in the chair looking out over the ocean and begins sipping the flask, grimmacing for a moment after every sip, but going back for more none the less, soon he places his hat on his face and seemingly passes out.

Whilst Rohir is downing the foul liquid in the flask, Irini disrobes. At least, her outerwear. It lacks shape and is very uncomfortable to sleep in. Without Lotus, she feels lonely, but buries herself under the covers regardless. The blanket scratches her smooth skin, and the ocean seems unbearably loud at this moment. She feels restless, but is at least glad Rohir is able to drift off. "Sleep well, Lotus." She flicks a shimmer at Lotus. It rustles the hound's fur and neck petals. Lotus nuzzles further into Rohir's shoulder. After hours of bright lights seeping in through the seaside window, racket downstairs, and uncomfortable fiber against her skin, Irini decides to exit the room. She slides her robes back on and opens the door as quietly as she can, stepping out. The hallway is dim, but the noise from downstairs is deafening out here. I'll go on a walk by the sea tonight.She thinks. Out of sight, out of mind, and subtle. If for nothing else than to scope out the docks. She descends down the stairs, taking a deep breath to psyche herself up before navigating through the crowd now. It had to have been 2am by now. She was bewildered by the happenings. She observed someone snort up a strange glowing powder with a sickly blue hue from the barkeep's counter, and immediately lurching upright, nose bleeding profusely. Even more alarming, they didn't care. She briefly contemplated her decision to proceed. Perhaps the nightlife here was more alarming than she gave credit initially.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » Unlikely Adventurers

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus